Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just read the new head of the NRA, Oliver North, just blamed mental health medication so you can add that to your list.

separately the facts in this sentence are insane but put together they make perfect sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gov. Greg Abbott

suck poo poo from my rear end in a top hat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Based on all the research we have done, 97%, according to psychologists and psychiatrists ... of teenagers view video games

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

quote:

"You have the necessary exits for fire, of course, but we have to funnel our students into our schools so we can put eyes on them."

hahahahahahahahahaha

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 21, 2018

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Everything is bigger in Texas...

Including the URGE TO KILL!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

Gov. Greg Abbott

suck poo poo from my rear end in a top hat

this wasnt our idiot awful governor, this was our idiot awful lt. governor.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in response to criticism from leading experts the governor was quoted as saying "ooohhh (chuckles) you'll understand when you're older"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If there were less abortions, there would be more targets for a school shooter to hit, makes you think.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's about action economy. If a hundred unaborted babies rush the shooter at once, he'll never shoot them all down before they wrestle him to the ground!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Agreed, above posters. We need an army of cyborg aborted fetuses to protect the alive children from the meany faces.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

sugar free jazz posted:

not enough saw style bear traps on peoples heads that trigger when they get outa line or there’s a loud noise

That's what cops are for.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I pin the blame on the destruction of communities, families, and civil society by things including: the suburbs, the destruction of the labor union, the expectation that people will move every few years for work, the need for both parents to be in the workforce because childrearing doesn't "count", the inability for older family members to help with child care because of the aforementioned need for the nuclear family to move...

(five pages later)

TLDR: Late stage capitalism fucks a bunch of poo poo up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Who knew a nuclear family would produce some fallout!?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This is just my personal opinion, but it seems to me that Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick is a very stupid man!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Do you think that, if we arm teachers, they should be allowed to pistol-whip students as a disciplinary measure? You know, just want to make sure they have every tool in their toolbox, and all that.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
When guns are legal for teachers, only criminal teachers won't have guns!

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
those idiots in congress didn't even think to make all the rooms real small and teach the kids CQC

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
has the fact that every spree shooter has his every thought and deed gathered up and put on massive public display for weeks on end been covered

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

These kids are out there playing Doom, Mortal Kombat, and Metroid. They're becoming killing machines, learning how to "power up" their guns, where to find the hidden armor packs in the school, and how to "pwn" their classmates by killing them.

I'm a conservative Mom, and I've played all these games to find out what was warping my own son's brain. What I found was shocking, but I also learned how to improve our schools to stop another shooting from happening.

1) More armor for our teachers. Stuff that can repel plasma, color-shifting armor that keeps changing it's weakpoint (From fire to ice to electricity), armor that lets you double jump.

2) STOP HIDING MEAT IN THE WALLS. Kids are making it through the lobby and killing all the lesser teachers, but taking a few hits. Then they just whip the walls, eat a turkey leg, and they're back to 100%. Why are we doing this?

3) The red/yellow/blue/green key situation is out of date. We need to go to a complex series of sliding puzzles to unlock every door.

4) Miniboss teachers in every school. Perhaps a giant head that spits missiles, or a statue filled with bats? Just spitballing here.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just read the new head of the NRA, Oliver North, just blamed mental health medication so you can add that to your list.

tfw you're reading a thread on a comedy website and reality provides the funniest answer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol but seriously I posted:

those idiots in congress didn't even think to make all the rooms real small and teach the kids CQC

We must physically and mentally prepare all children to rush an armed assailant and deliver Venom Snake style brutal CQC takedowns which stun the perpetrator in preparation for Fulton extract by law enforcement personnel.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

A Fancy Hat posted:

These kids are out there playing Doom, Mortal Kombat, and Metroid. They're becoming killing machines, learning how to "power up" their guns, where to find the hidden armor packs in the school, and how to "pwn" their classmates by killing them.

I'm a conservative Mom, and I've played all these games to find out what was warping my own son's brain. What I found was shocking, but I also learned how to improve our schools to stop another shooting from happening.

1) More armor for our teachers. Stuff that can repel plasma, color-shifting armor that keeps changing it's weakpoint (From fire to ice to electricity), armor that lets you double jump.

2) STOP HIDING MEAT IN THE WALLS. Kids are making it through the lobby and killing all the lesser teachers, but taking a few hits. Then they just whip the walls, eat a turkey leg, and they're back to 100%. Why are we doing this?

3) The red/yellow/blue/green key situation is out of date. We need to go to a complex series of sliding puzzles to unlock every door.

4) Miniboss teachers in every school. Perhaps a giant head that spits missiles, or a statue filled with bats? Just spitballing here.

Hahahahaha

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Has anyone said the Department of Education?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
poo poo's been bad at schools since we let Socrates corrupt the youth.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If only we had more Real American HeroesTM like this one, there wouldn't be any school shootings.

https://twitter.com/ScottMcGrew/status/997484633695469570

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in texas the guy saying we need more prayers is about as rational as youre gonna get. its all downhill from there

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Are we sure the prayers are actually making it to the schools?

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Abortions. Like the other ones have been proven wrong, but abortions??? How is that even relevant in any fashion at all?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

evilpicard posted:

Because the government has not redistributed girlfriends

If only something that was legal and regulated these men could take money to and get relief for?

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

evilpicard posted:

Because the government has not redistributed girlfriends

nice try lil fella, but in the volcano you go

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Abortions. Like the other ones have been proven wrong, but abortions??? How is that even relevant in any fashion at all?

One of the aborted fetuses could have grown up to be a Good Guy with a gun idk

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

dee eight posted:

I really really want a Longhorns football jersey emblazoned with WHITMAN and #17 (or #16*)

This is profoundly retarded and unfunny.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
So are the ‘armed teachers’ going to wear their gun on a holster or leave it in their desk or something?

A few years back in Texas they expanded open carry and so all the yeehaw type idiots put on their hip holsters for a trip to the mall. Mighty quick after that, all the major city police departments were pissed off because there was a rise in gun theft as people had their guns stolen at malls (lol). It’s almost like a cartoon George W Bush style solution isn’t helpful.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
let's not forget this reason:

"The Washington Post posted:

Pagourtzis and his friends liked anime

anime. loving anime. and i totally called it in the other thread can i be governor of texas now? thanx in advance

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Help I can't stop thinking 'bout guns when I pray for no more school shootings :smith:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

America

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

schmuckfeatures posted:

let's not forget this reason:

anime. loving anime. and i totally called it in the other thread can i be governor of texas now? thanx in advance

lol if you think goku condones school shootings. just lol

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Loden Taylor posted:

#1: Buttafuoco, Buttafuoco, Buttafuoco

Please don't do this in a mirror.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Where the gently caress are all of these gun-toting idiots when poo poo really does hit the fan?

During the Austin, TX shooting a few years back, there was some pro gun rights rally going on a few blocks away right when the shooter started opening fire. A lot of those people were carrying loaded AR15s. Didn't hear about any of them charging toward the hailing gunfire.

As soon as the coast is clear they come out of the loving woodwork, but never during a shooting.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

So are the ‘armed teachers’ going to wear their gun on a holster or leave it in their desk or something?

A few years back in Texas they expanded open carry and so all the yeehaw type idiots put on their hip holsters for a trip to the mall. Mighty quick after that, all the major city police departments were pissed off because there was a rise in gun theft as people had their guns stolen at malls (lol). It’s almost like a cartoon George W Bush style solution isn’t helpful.

if they’re anything like my history teacher, they’ll be too fat to sit down with it comfortably so the answer is absolutely yes, they will be stolen or hosed with for fun because we treat guns like toys here anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Careful Drums posted:

When I read the door one I was like "okay this is jumping the shark"

jumping sharks is actually rason #8 and also why he hates teh ocean

• Locked thread