Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avalanche posted:

Where the gently caress are all of these gun-toting idiots when poo poo really does hit the fan?

During the Austin, TX shooting a few years back, there was some pro gun rights rally going on a few blocks away right when the shooter started opening fire. A lot of those people were carrying loaded AR15s. Didn't hear about any of them charging toward the hailing gunfire.

As soon as the coast is clear they come out of the loving woodwork, but never during a shooting.

that's actually a good thing. fat idiots on mobility scooters clutching their guns could never make any situation better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Abortions. Like the other ones have been proven wrong, but abortions??? How is that even relevant in any fashion at all?

If all the children get aborted there can be me no more school shootings.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's actually a good thing. fat idiots on mobility scooters clutching their guns could never make any situation better.

I also have to wonder how SWAT officers feel about fat mouth breathers carrying around guns everywhere including teachers. Doesn't that make any active school shooting like 100 times more complicated to deal with?

Active shooting, kids are getting shot and no one knows any other specifics than that, and there are about 20 idiots on the campus with open carry guns scrambling all over the loving place and probably popping rounds off randomly too. That really narrows it down to who the shooter(s) is/are.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

What about a flamethrower?

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Avalanche posted:

I also have to wonder how SWAT officers feel about fat mouth breathers carrying around guns everywhere including teachers. Doesn't that make any active school shooting like 100 times more complicated to deal with?

SOP is to secure the perimeter and wait it out as to avoid any police casualties. SWAT doesn't enter an active shooting situation until they are satisfied the shooting has stopped or they negotiate an exit with the shooter. Cops are enormous cowards and it's why they constantly murder unarmed people.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
Which is also why the derision directed at the school resource officer that got called a coward all over the media is ironic, as the police who showed up afterwards also didn't enter the school for something like six or nine minutes after arriving.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

elmer chud posted:

SOP is to secure the perimeter and wait it out as to avoid any police casualties. SWAT doesn't enter an active shooting situation until they are satisfied the shooting has stopped or they negotiate an exit with the shooter. Cops are enormous cowards and it's why they constantly murder unarmed people.

I thought they changed that a few years back to where any officer on scene is supposed to bee line it right into the line of fire to attempt to stop it??

Even most active shooter training programs in hospitals and such suggest to actively attack the shooter if in close enough proximity to do so as you're probably already dead anyways if you just cower down.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avalanche posted:

Active shooting, kids are getting shot and no one knows any other specifics than that, and there are about 20 idiots on the campus with open carry guns scrambling all over the loving place and probably popping rounds off randomly too. That really narrows it down to who the shooter(s) is/are.

the good (white) guy with a gun who actually tries to save the day with their advanced quick draw skills is thankfully a myth. if such a person actually existed then yes, the cops would shoot the hell out of them.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

amusinginquiry posted:

Are we sure the prayers are actually making it to the schools?

There are two schools :rimshot: of thought on this. One says that we need more entrances to the school so that it's easier for the prayers to find a way in. The other says that there should be fewer entrances so that the prayers can be funneled into the school more directly and monitored as they enter.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If there were less abortions, there would be more targets for a school shooter to hit, makes you think.

Less abortions mean more kids, more kids mean the PERCENTAGE of kids killed would go down.

It's math.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Abortions. Like the other ones have been proven wrong, but abortions??? How is that even relevant in any fashion at all?

If a conservative politician doesn't blame abortions for something at least once a day they lose all their class abilities and magic items.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

the good (white) guy with a gun who actually tries to save the day with their advanced quick draw skills is thankfully a myth. if such a person actually existed then yes, the cops would shoot the hell out of them.

Good White Guy With A Gun is not a myth, it's just that he's not a very good shot and tends to shoot the victim rather than the perpetrators

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Good Christian values and less doors, that'll fix the violence inherent in the system.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
Make the classrooms round so Satan can't hide in the corners and influence the children.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

amusinginquiry posted:

Are we sure the prayers are actually making it to the schools?

Replace all fire exits with prayer antennas and thought vats imo.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Pad the classrooms and hallways with mirrors so the shooter gets confused and don't know where to shoot.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Captain Beans posted:

So are the ‘armed teachers’ going to wear their gun on a holster or leave it in their desk or something?

A few years back in Texas they expanded open carry and so all the yeehaw type idiots put on their hip holsters for a trip to the mall. Mighty quick after that, all the major city police departments were pissed off because there was a rise in gun theft as people had their guns stolen at malls (lol). It’s almost like a cartoon George W Bush style solution isn’t helpful.

In dallas they had to tell people to stop calling the cops just because someone is armed lol. They have no loving idea what they are doing.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

elmer chud posted:

Make the classrooms round so Satan can't hide in the corners and influence the children.

but i thought hell is made up of circles

instead, i would suggest to make schools non-euclidean, possibly even phase into higher dimensions

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The classrooms should be a circle and when the door shuts the room spins flinging the children onto the walls immobilizing them in place.

E: it would also teach them physics

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this would never have happened if the school itself had been a very large gun

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

help i'm trying to send thoughts and prayers but they're getting blocked by the liberal marxist communist schools and my god is powerless to do anything

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

elmer chud posted:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol if you think goku condones school shootings. just lol

Idk what you think happens whenever he misses with a planet-rending energy beam of infinite power, but there is usually a school in its path somewhere.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Avalanche posted:

It makes all police actions more complicated. They have to deal with the fact that any random jackass they pull over on the road or knock on the door of could have a gun, because they very well may, because this country is loving stupid.

No-knock raids are a thing because felons, even though they may not legally own firearms, have them all the god drat time. Cops get too quick on the trigger sometimes during road stops because, yes, any random citizen's car may very well have a loaded handgun in the glove box. The fact that anyone, anywhere may be armed is a huge nightmare for police, and it is absolutely a direct cause of why so many people are killed by police in this country.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

Chomp8645 posted:

It makes all police actions more complicated. They have to deal with the fact that any random jackass they pull over on the road or knock on the door of could have a gun, because they very well may, because this country is loving stupid.

No-knock raids are a thing because felons, even though they may not legally own firearms, have them all the god drat time. Cops get too quick on the trigger sometimes during road stops because, yes, any random citizen's car may very well have a loaded handgun in the glove box. The fact that anyone, anywhere may be armed is a huge nightmare for police, and it is absolutely a direct cause of why so many people are killed by police in this country.

The reasoning behind no knock raids is to prevent the destruction of evidence and they vastly increase the chances of the police being fired upon because they carry it out in a way that is indiscernible from a home invasion.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

elmer chud posted:

The reasoning behind no knock raids is to prevent the destruction of evidence and they vastly increase the chances of the police being fired upon because they carry it out in a way that is indiscernible from a home invasion.

Luckily, at least in Texas, if you shoot a cop thinking it's a home invasion then you're still legally in the clear

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Luckily, at least in Texas, if you shoot a cop thinking it's a home invasion then you're still legally in the clear

lol if you think you're going to survive the raid if you shoot one of them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Methanar posted:

The guy in the case i cited did

The_end
May 17, 2014
No more Shop Class.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
'Murican gun owners want to be the vigilante that saves the day.
This is what incessant hero worshipping has wrought.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Methanar posted:

Yeah. It's one of the reasons stating blue lives matter doesn't make sense. They already are treated like the matter the most of all, possibly next to rich celebrity lives.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk what you think happens whenever he misses with a planet-rending energy beam of infinite power, but there is usually a school in its path somewhere.

That's why he always takes the fight out to the wastelands where no one gets hurt

You don't know poo poo about goku son!!!

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Replace teachers desks with machine-gun nests

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The guy in the case i cited did

You didn't actually give a link.

I'm still pretty sure if you shoot a cop during a raid you are going to be 50% lead by mass within 10 seconds.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

That's catchy. It just might stick.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh great, big sandbag has weighed in.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

elmer chud posted:

yeah man those roving gangs of felons armed to the gills kicking in doors loudly and screaming at everyone to get down so they can rob your TV are making the police's job so much more difficult. Home invasions, totally identical to how SWAT works.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zefiel posted:

yeah man those roving gangs of felons armed to the gills kicking in doors loudly and screaming at everyone to get down so they can rob your TV are making the police's job so much more difficult. Home invasions, totally identical to how SWAT works.

Have you ever seen surveillance footage of a home invasion? That's exactly how it works

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

What about an auto turret in the corner of every classroom????

I bet we can get the NRA behind that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Only if the Uber autopilot people get to program it

• Locked thread