Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Somebody should write an article about how popular pure boys have become lately. That seems like it's really turning into a thing.

Who are some other notables ones besides this series? Main one I can think of right now is Shigeo from Mob Psycho 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Rhymes with "Cheese in blue man curse."

no clue what this is

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nezuko hasn't been all there mentally ever since she was turned. we just couldn't tell the degree because she couldn't communicate.

Yeah, from how it sounds, she probably could have recovered more mentally by now, but prioritized suppressing her bloodlust + being strong enough to protect Tanjirou when he needs it (which is pretty often) over recovering mentally.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kanroji is the best. Reminds me of any time the main duo in Haikyuu try to explain what they're going.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Reiche posted:

I had a pretty good "Oh gently caress" moment when I realized what was going because of this amazing panel

Realizing what was going on for me, and just the suddenness of this panel on the page, was like a perfect combination of :stare: and "gently caress yes" for me.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
It's largely unremarkable writing with some really good character moments, some real visually neat fights, and a very good boy.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wark Say posted:

I'm kinda surprised that, aside from One Piece and Hunter x Hunter (which I think has been in its longest hiatus yet?), the oldest thing right now in WSJ is the Volleyboys from Haikyu!!

Haikyuu!! owns and more people need to read about the good volleyboys.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
She's going to start to be absorbed by Muzan but it will turn out that despite progressively getting more human right now, she still has her blood art, and while partially absorbed ignites Muzan's blood, keeping him from escaping during the final seconds before dawn.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also against an opponent it's taken every still-living demon slayer to keep from escaping until dawn, Tanjiro was able to keep him occupied for several minutes by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like this manga, including the battle which muzan which is apparently the minority opinion around here. but it has never done right by nezuko. gagging her made for a striking visual, but making nezuko mute and largely insensible even when she wasn't comatose was a huge mistake. she never had character development. she barely had a personality.

She should have been unmuzzled by like, after the spider family arc at latest, when we started seeing more non-Tamayo demons with non-murdery thoughts.