Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

God its incredibly loving rare that I want a manga to go a little slower
but gently caress please go just a tiny smidge slower.

It feels like the anti-bleach in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Ah so we ARE getting the typical shounen rescue arc

Doubtful Imo.

Possible, to be sure, but given that nezuko managed to pull herself back together after being infected, it is possible that they manage to get Tanjiro to fight it off.

That or we get a multi year timeskip to follow Nezuko the demon slayer.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Probably my favorite implication of the chapter that I'm waiting for the official translation for: Inosuke's descendant found the Blue Spider Lily- and if the spoiler translations from the Chinese version are right, the blue variant can only be found under sunlight somehow. That means Muzan's goal was entirely unattainable by him or any flunkies created by him.

That is loving fantastic.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Patware posted:

it's a piece of new information that significantly changes the context of previous plot points. in this case, if the spoilers are accurate, we have learned in the very last chapter that muzan's quest for the macguffin flower was futile all along and he was never ever going to succeed

that is literally what retroactive continuity means

It literally is not. Retroactive continuity is when you change a preexisting bit of fact in a story in order to fit within the new continuity.

We knew Muzan was trying to find the Lily, but were never told why he failed. We now know why he failed, and that additional context drives home the tragedy.

It does not change the existing facts of the story, just adds context.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Patware posted:

i don't use that garbage website

additive retcon is absolutely a thing. it's just not something that makes people post furiously on usenet and get sweaty and upset so it isn't as popularized.

and ultimately my issue is with undermining muzan after the fact, rather than everyone getting mad that words mean a lot of different things. this plot point would have been way more interesting if it existed in the story rather than an offhand epilogue legdrop

Do you think the story of Oedipus involves a retcon because we don't learn until later in the story that he was the Son of Laius?

What you are describing here is dramatic irony. The thing the villain sought was forever from his grasp and he died without even knowing it. It is a sad coda to his story that doesn't change anything about what previously happened in continuity within the story.