Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

More bulging veins than a bodybulding comp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Someone with a posh, kinda feminine voice so you can get a voice that SHOULD match how pretty he is but instead that voice is constantly screaming"Pig Assault!"

Appaeently he sounds very manly
See the brothel infiltration bit where hes told never to speak.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

This is the previous week's chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/387796/1

Genya is part of the "new torso holes" club from last week. Also apparently part demon somehow?

No more weird than the sound pillars who become weird vein and muscles monsters when they do their thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

https://mangadex.org/chapter/409539/1

Just a very very good boy who forgot how for a while

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you pity them for what they became. once they started eating people, their memories faded and they became brutal caricatures of their past selves.

The demons really are intended to be ghoulish, single minded caricatures of humans, and thats a constant through the series that im really appreciating.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey theres that trademark Pillar sass in the face of death
Is there a requirement for a pillar to have that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Nezuko's appearance changes as she transforms; she has her tiny form when she goes into her box, then a regular form, then her hair seems to kinda flare outward as she goes full demon.

I think she generally looks less kempt in the manga but it could be simplifying her design for the anime.

I really want to see what ufotable does with the series.

Nezuko changes a lot
When shes doing the full demon burning blood thing she ages up
but reverts to adorable blob in downtime

and then theres degrees inbetween

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Blob form best form

Oh absolutely.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eej posted:

Kanroji Mitsuri is the coolest and I hope she doesn't have like some secret dark personality or whatever and she's just always that bubbly even in the face of death

Until now none of the Pillars have been lovely people, just a few exceptions of abrasive assholes (muiichiro, Genyas brother). And theyve always been incredibly themselves in the face of death.
I think Ive already posted it before but, it seems the type of person to be chosen as a pillar isnt going to chosen just based on fighting ability, but also on emotional strength and will, so exactly the opposite type of person who would embrace demonhood.

And since the demons are the ones that serve as the emotional foils of the story I dont think that will change. I hope so at least.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brought To You By posted:

Looks like it's time for our first upper moon flashback?

We had the twins flashback before.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AaaaaaAah
What
What

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The pillars are actually a very experimental therapy group.

Reach wellness through violence.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodyle posted:

I think it would be most interesting if Muzan totally eats it here but biwa and the Upper Moons manage to hold on without him.

Thats thematically the exact opposite of whats being shown here.

and proving Oyakata wrong immediately after he dies is a dick move

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New chapter out on mamgaplus/viz also probably

Man much as I like Inosuke, the butterfly sisters just cannot catch a single break can they.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think Douma is strong simply because he ate so many people.
He probably ate his entire cult and then everyone else who came to join or get the blessings of the god child.

Theres a certain sort of enlightenment/immortality through deattached violence thing going on with the Demons. If Akaza didnt remember his old life hed have continued on to become "something else".

Whether Douma can do this or it requires you giving up your humanity and conscience (douma had/has none to begin with) is yet to be seen.

Though gently caress if Douma is still alive because godamnit the butterfly girls need a loving win.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Welp.
I guess Douma is not royalty.

Man this is such a bittersweet ending to the Butterfly sisters story. :unsmith:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 23, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Power levels arent really a thing in Kimetsu since technique and tactics play a huge role. And mostly thus far the demons have been going off pure strength, magic, and sheer stiffness of neck.

So when you get demon strength as well as technique like Asuza and UM1 here you know its going to mean some real rear end poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah hes Mist boys ancestor. And we have no idea yet if he and Original Sun Breath were even from the same time. Might even have been from an opposing and unrelated school considering he has the Moon Breath.

Something that may indicate theyre from the same time is that he has the same fashion aesthetic.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh right yeah that was established
Welp im wrong

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I quite like the patterened textile cloaks of the demon slayers.
And also the way that they arent done in the cartoon-style screen door way.

(I.e clothing that is somehow a portal to the pattern dimension

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Same, and it's a pretty interesting thing. I like the idea that he has had to fight so much harder because his blood attracts demons to him, which also feeds into him pushing his brother away so strongly.

It also explains how their mother went bugfuck crazy and killed all her kids.
And the crapload of scars he has when all the other pillars barring Stone are relatively untouched.

It was either become a loving strong pillar or die.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Patware posted:

honestly, this isn't even tight. the things that are happening still take a standard shounen length of time to get around to happening, it's just that things are getting crammed down the pipe and everything's spilling out at once and a lot of stuff's getting buried

it's still above black clover to me, which is just moving at a breakneck sprint and barely giving anyone any breathing room. KnY has used its downtime pretty well

Dont bring up black clover when talking about pacing.
This most recent arc took a goddamn year and a half, and all in the same location and presumably everything happening on the same day.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

last hxh chapter was released on novermber 26 last year apparently

Never gonna get off that boat

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pathetic Demon Lord gets UTTERLY DESTORYED By Chad Slayer Corps Leader

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Poor boy
Could see all disease except his brothers brainworms

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

doomrider7 posted:

There's just something so loving repugnant and sleazy about it that makes him so much more hateable. Like, there's always SOMETHING about a villain that makes you like him a little bit in some capacity, but Muzan is such a petty loving rear end in a top hat that he's the perfect hateable villain.

Oh absolutely
Hes every bit the slimy piece of poo poo filth of humanity and essentially lucked into incredible power, he even hosed himself out of immortality by being such a short-sighted paranoiac.
Muzan is the antithesis to the main cast in nearly every single way. And unlike most other demons he is utterly beyond pity.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 3, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh Snapple! posted:

I doubt we're getting any kind of sob story for Muzan. We already know his backstory - a debilitating, fatal illness that, through a complete miracle of a doctor, was cured to the point of making him immortal and incredibly powerful with only one slight caveat that was, frankly, an incredibly cheap cost for what he gained in being unable to go into the sun again. And he decided that wasn't good enough. And here we are. His pettiness is incredible.

The immortality treatment is a 2 parter.
Muzan being the lovely paranoid piece of poo poo he is killed the doctor before he could complete the second part, and before he realized the medicine was working even.

Muzan was also an Ubuyashiki, he would have presumably wanted for nothing. This is all on him.

And yeah it would be poo poo to give him a redemption scene.
Maybe a damnation scene with everyone who he turned into demons pulling him down into hell.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What i think is
Well remember how the dance of the fire god is done for the length of an entire night

The 13th form in never running out of breath

They spend so long fighting Muzan that Tanjirou has to perform the full dance until the sun rises again.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

God its incredibly loving rare that I want a manga to go a little slower
but gently caress please go just a tiny smidge slower.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pewdiepie posted:

Just chop off his head and be done with it!

Please no dont end it that quickly i want more chapters of this its going too fast

(perhaps there is a reason for how fast this is going as a metaphor for how the characters are living short and brutal lives)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 28, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New Chappie on Mangaplus.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What i think is
Well remember how the dance of the fire god is done for the length of an entire night

The 13th form in never running out of breath

They spend so long fighting Muzan that Tanjirou has to perform the full dance until the sun rises again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLekt6fGous

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 3, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they kind of wrote themselves into a corner. if the upper moons had been spread out more the story would have been better, but muzan had no reason to allow that to happen. there was never anything preventing muzan from acting exactly as he pleased, and due to his personality that means either using overwhelming force or disappearing for a few decades.

See the thing Is I can entirely believe this as its absolutely within Muzan's personality. Upper moons dropping left and right, some chaos in the ranks of the demon hunters allowing him to find Ubuyashiki, and being the ultimate paranoid bitch that he is meant he was going to come down as hard as he can as soon as he can. But it doesnt make for good writing when character moments, their beliefs and their growth have been an integral part of the storytelling. It makes it all feel so rushed.

Besides these kinds of counter-character contrivances are expected in shonen because of the weekly format and short-ish chapter length.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wark Say posted:

Like I know the amount of poisons that keep popping up straight outta nowhere seem rear end-pully as hell, but afaic, they make sense. I still remember that one chapter/anime episode where our good boy Tanjirou is able to pick up how Shinobu straight up smells like she's a barely contained ball of rage. So both Shinobu and Lady Tamayo hating the everloving poo poo of Muzan and taking painstaking details to gently caress him up something good with drugs + poison it just seems sensible from that point of view.

Shinobu and Tamayo are two most badassed characters in this manga, so natch, yeah.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nanigans posted:

Tanjiro wasn't on the same level as the legendary dude, but the fact that Muzan has also had however many hundreds of years to grow in power and craftiness counts for something. Maybe if Yorichi fought the Muzan of today, he wouldn't have done as well.

Yorichi irreversibly scarred Muzan and made him the paranoid pissbaby he is right now.
Even Old yorichi would have finished the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Alder posted:

I'm glad Kanao was OK too.

I'm going to say that the ending is going to be a retelling of how everyone went back their normal lives as humans for now and died peacefully.

Well All the kids with the mark dont have much to go anyways. Tanjiro will die long before everyone else.
Theyre def going to be dead by the time the future rolls along, maybe Nezuko is like a great grandma potato or something

also how did inosuke turn into a potat
he potat

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 11, 2020