Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just started playing this and I'm almost done with Legend Mode. I've dipped into Adventure when I just want a quicker session and have a question about searching.

I don't remember where any of these secrets in Zelda 1 are. If I use a card on something that isn't a secret does it waste it? Are the cards going to be plentiful or is wasting one a pain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

There's a Nintendo Treehouse at 10 AM PT that's going to cover Hyrule Warriors and Pikmin 3. Their announcement tweet claims we'll see a new stage and gameplay details.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Game looks fun as hell. Seems like there's some nice weapon variety and swapping between the secondary stuff is a lot more fluid.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Demo is available for Age of Calamity today!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Leal posted:

I absolutely gently caress poo poo up with Mipha. Am I imagining things or does her waterfall move force a weakpoint to appear on enemies?

I think a lot of the enemies have a weak point if you're airborne and it's just easy to get Mipha up there with the waterfall.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

YggiDee posted:

I'm not crazy about the Divine Beast segments but I'll take about a million of those over ever fighting the loving Imprisoned in Hyrule Warriors ever again.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping it was some really big multi-bar special you could use on any level instead of aiming at stuff and moving along a set path. I like that Revali's has two viewpoints though.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I dunno if it was mentioned in here or the general Zelda thread but using the spear is loving crazy

It's honestly insulting they don't force you to do the spear training mission immediately so you can see how fun it is.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Senerio posted:

What does X do on that screen? The rest are obvious. X seems to do nothing but put it in your control.

Also does anyone know when I can get the Vai outfit? I know it's in the game.

It seems like it makes the egg's little blowhole bob up and down

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Any recommendations for filling up your rods? I've just been going through the assorted wizzrobe side mission for now.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

a cartoon duck posted:

in short, just knowing that i can block everything but should avoid dodging made the Great Fairies considerably more usable.

Oh poo poo I'm going to have to try this. I'm trying to naturally keep everyone's level balanced by pulling out my lowest leveled characters for missions and I dread this character every time. I also think my leveling strategy is starting to become a little unsustainable but I like forcing myself to give characters a fair shot.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Do you keep monster parts and other goodies if you fail a side mission?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I haven't been blocking much in AoC. Dodging is so much more fun and stylish.

Haven't made it very far yet, just have Mipha and Daruk unlocked, but I'm really enjoying everything so far. Might be smart to start looking up korok seed locations before I get too far, but I guess replaying levels with overpowered gear later on should make things easier, so whatever.

Going back for Korok seeds is my plan. Ideally I can make someone a weapon that gives more monster parts or rupees too so I can collect stuff for quests more efficiently at the same time.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

This is a great plan and I’m stealing it. When do you get the ability to see how many Korok seeds are in a mission?

I found one in a side quest and was very surprised, I had assumed that they’d only be in story missions but I guess those wacky Korok are just everywhere!

You unlock the quest for it sometime in chapter 4 I believe

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I really can't settle on someone yet but every time I pull Mipha out I'm astounded at how quickly I shred through enemies. I need to play with combos in training with some of the characters I think.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just finished the story. Pretty crazy how much more stuff I have left to do. Not sure if I'll clear everything possible but I definitely want to unlock the remaining characters. Excited to see what DLC brings!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

So as someone who got into HW a few months ago what can I expect from the potential DLC updates? Am I just going to have an army of high leveled characters and then wind up with a couple new low level ones to do side missions with?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I love the animation when Terrako warps from a tower to go do a mission. I still have one character left to get but I genuinely enjoy playing most of them. There's certainly some that aren't my first picks, but the only one I actively dislike is Great Fairies.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Zore posted:

Ugh, I really don't like Sidon's timed hits mechanic. It just feels clunky for me and I can't get into the groove with him at all. He also has a lot of weird ending lag on his attacks. Probably my least favorite character to play as overall.

Weirdly though I really like Riju despite normally hating the high movement characters in Musous. She's got a lot of good single target strings and her AoE is absolutely nuts if you can get a handle on how she controls. Also she can parry which is hilarious

I don't think it cares if you're spamming ZR leading into the timed hit. I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with with the timing and found that just mashing it after I did my strong move works reliably enough.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

While it's neat that every character has relatively unique runes, it becomes irritating when some of them don't work like how you want. Like when a Wizzrobe flies into the air, Link can't hit it with bombs because he can't aim up, and Urbosa's bomb rune has a long windup that causes her to hit after the enemy's lost the weak point. About half the cast seems to use cyronis at a distance rather than right in front of them which means 70% of the time it's triggering behind the enemy which isn't helpful.

Cryonis is the most frustrating to me. At this point I just need to go for the flurry rush when a Lynel charges me instead of standing on some ice while it runs by.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Senerio posted:

If I could give Teba's Cryonis to everyone it'd be ideal.

It'd be pretty fun if you could mix and match rune "styles" between characters. There's definitely clear winners but it'd make for some interesting combinations. Maybe they could frame some missions around using specific combos of runes or something.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I still have fun with Revali but my biggest gripe is getting a flurry rush midair and watching him land in slow motion to attack. I'm not even sure if it reduces the amount of damage I get a chance to do but it just interrupts the flow for me.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Do the challenges extend past the 71-80 category?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

poo poo I guess I'm 100%ing this!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Just got 100% completion! I was expecting some huge final slog at the end but I managed my Korok hunts pretty well and capped it all off with that crazy siege challenge.

I never got far with Hyrule Warriors: DE but I'm itching for more so maybe I'll dig into some more adventure boards.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It feels so weird to be done with the game, dunno what else to really do.

I booted it up because I wanted to play but there's no need for materials anymore and everythings clear so I only played a couple short missions and stopped.

I might do some blood moon challenges and try to get better seals for some of my characters I guess.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

I'm gonna jump in on Age of Calamity in a couple days. This is my first musou but I got the gist of things from osmosis and playing the demo a good deal. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Experiment with combos (or just look up what other people like if you want). Use L/R to navigate the menus on the map to flip through your challenges/quests/etc. I was moving my cursor around the map trying to find things I could turn in for longer than I'd like to admit.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'd love to see Beedle as a joke character!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Does DLC 1 feel worthwhile on its own or am I better off waiting for November to get a ton of content at once?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Where Beedle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

DLC is $14.91 at Walmart