Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Gonna laugh if the Blight Ganons are playable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

I do hope they put Linkle in.

Who cares if it makes sense. Linkle arrives wherever she is needed.

She'll be in and you get to watch her die to Guardians, Groose too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Oh yeah it was pretty typical for Link to end up 30 levels higher than everyone else after your first run through HW1, he's only my second highest character at 87 behind Volga who is Lv 134.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Impa is like, giga dogshit to go into. I get the feeling she's a good character, but swapping to her and 'PUT SYMBOL SUCK SYMBOL' with no real idea of what that even means is so bizarre. Then it throws you to Zelda who is equally just 'huh?'

Probably just need to play more but a overview screen of mechanics or *anything* would be nice instead of "go! Do it now! Why aren't you doing it! Go go go!"

The HW1 equivalent would be starting you with Link, Zant and Ruto.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gaukler posted:

I got HWDE but didn’t really care for it compared to dynasty warriors (boss battles are a slog, levels take forever, and allies seem to require way too much babysitting leading to lots of backtracking). Is AoC going to be more of that or is it different? I haven’t tried the demo as my SD card is full.

Adventure mode was a good idea though, I hope they kept that.

AoC is more of that yes, story missions can last upwards of 30 minutes, there's no adventure mode as such but lots of side quests/missions to do.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The terror of the Guardians is real now, love to fight up to 3 Guardians at once in the later missions especially when they start spinning at you like Beyblades and using elemental attacks.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 22, 2020

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mipha is my highest character at 67 currently, being able to teleport to whirlpools and have wide sweeping attacks make her great for crowd clearing and hitting multiple large enemies at once, her bomb rune is also excellent at locking down Taluses of all flavours as the bomb rain pretty much always blows their arms off which forces a down on them.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Skeep posted:

Anyone else feel like sooga was a playable character that got cut for time/DLC? He's pretty heavily developed and then towards the end of the story just vanishes.

Cia, Wizzro and Volga weren't playable until a few months after launch in HW1, so most likely.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

and the main antagonist is weak as piss

Considering Breath of the Wild itself had Calamity Ganon who had zero personality and was just an angry force of nature, I'll take a typical evil wizard over it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want super hard dlc because most of my weapons were level 17 or something and I was able to beat everything in the game with just whatever. I never had to touch de-rusting things (few times I did was just some lame trash) and never had to raise the level cap because I just rarely got to that point.

Careful what you ask for as the level cap in HW 1 ended up at 255.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

fadam posted:

Riju gets too many solo missions for a character that awful imo

The upside to having almost nothing to unlock like the costumes and different weapons in HW1 is that you don't need to use bad characters beyond the handful of missions they get.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Taear posted:

him and the other bird in Co-op are worthless
Most people aren't playing in co-op.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I am prepared to take this back if they release DLC that has a bunch of actual musou-type content.

I don't see the post launch DLC being anything but a few characters and associated quests, there won't be anything like adventure mode added because I just don't see how they could fit it in, there's no select screen because loving everything is shoved into a single REALLY crowded map.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

Did they actually ever patch the fact that you could stack Great Fairy's defense debuff on enemies like 8 times and basically murder anything instantly?

I don't think the game got any patches to fix anything beyond stability issues at launch.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can see the Guardian having the same issues as Calamity Ganon and the Great Fairies in that its so big you can't see smaller enemies properly.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've yet to see a single Flail drop after I unlocked it and I've done about 7 Vicious monster quests post unlocking it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I used the bike on the Calamity Strikes mission just to see how it performs in a fully tight corridor map and I spent half the time driving into the walls as I could barely get enough space to turn around, so I would recommend anyone not to use it on indoor heavy areas, like at all.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Very funny game setting a mission inside Hyrule Castle where you have to play as Calamity Ganon/Kohga against all the heroes, I enjoyed spending most of the mission being unable to see what was happening as Ganon as he's just too drat big for that map.

At least you get Sooga/Astor as NPC backup.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've noticed that the Vicious Monster Quests drop Lv 1 weapons with 76 base power very regularly and that basically makes running Blood Moon missions for weapons a thing of the past now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Ardryn posted:

Each report has its own pre-reqs, here's what they are copied from the googledoc:

Battle Records = 100 KOs
Material Properties = 50 Materials
Monster Ecology = Lynels, Taluses, Hinoxes (mini-bosses)
Relic Analysis = Guardians

That's it, no specific mission requirements, you could totally just do the first story mission over and over if you really wanted to for two of the four above.

I'd wondered why it was taking so long to get Monster Ecology reports, guess I'll hit up some Lynel heavy side missions.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've gotten Mipha's spear to Lv 33 and my second highest is the Sheikah Slate at 26 but it was a hell of a grind to do it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Funnily enough levelling people wasn't a bad grind, I've had everyone sitting at Lv 100 for a long time which did mean I completely shat on all the EX content.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Even Great Fairy? Mine is like lv 30 I refuse to use her, way too cumbersome and also blocks out like half the screen. Rupees are a pain to get unless you grind bananas I guess, so I try not to use them on gaining levels too much.

Yep, everyone is sitting at 100, it's not like I went grind crazy but I just sold diamonds to the vendor who buys them at a higher price, 20 sold got me nearly 40k which I then pumped into the Training Ground.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If anyone was wondering, there is a reward for filling all the research nodes in the lab, you get a large payout of materials and a Lv 90 mission unlocks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I figured that's how the mission had to unlock, because I saw people on other sites talking about how on one hand it's technically the best level to get weapons at since it's so high level, but that it's also a really long mission and thus Unnatural Disaster still might be preferable due to how fast you can run it.

It's set in the Akkala Citadel map so you have to run for a long time as the targets are spread out in the far reaches of the place.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Glad to get a video on Ganon, I really didn't get how his gimmick worked

I would be using him way more if it wasnt for the fact that his weak point smash animations take like 15 seconds

The first time you see it you are like "Huh cool, he's using all the Blight Ganon moves" then you see it again and again and again and I regret doing weak point smashes with him.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Given the trailer showing them together, and the Direct text saying "Purah & Robbie" it looks like they'll count as one character for gameplay purposes. It says there's only one other aside from that, and I would wager it's Soogah given that he makes an appearance in the trailer, so Astor is probably out. Which makes sense, he didn't look like he had a moveset that would really be playable.

If Astor ends up being playable I can see him operating similar to Lana but instead of using a book to fight he has his weird evil orb.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

There's already a bit of weirdness on that front, unless Kohga is supposed to be a wrinkly old dude underneath the suit when you fight him in BOTW, which... isn't impossible, I guess.

Maybe it's all the bananas.

Well Kohga can easily be explained by saying that its a name all the Yiga clan leaders are called.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Why can't Nintendo just set things to unlock globally at midnight your time rather than having to guess the time in Japan and work from there.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Those Lv 87 beatdown quests in the Coliseum would be tricky if I wasn't using a Lv 100 Mipha with a nearly 200 Attack Spear, as it stands they were an amusing but pretty simple distraction.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Astor's little cutscene was a lot funnier than it probably intended.

"Lord Ganon, show us a vision of the future!"

"Oh no, why are you killing us, noooo"

Of course Astor is the sole survivor, for some reason.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

How in the hell do you stop the Yiga Blademaster from sacrificing himself to fight the Silver Moblins when he closes the gates, do you just have to haul rear end to the end of the level beforehand?

Because I killed absolutely everything that appeared until the guy closed the gates before I could even react.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You can always just sell materials to the merchants, some of them will buy them for much higher prices as indicated by a little star in the material menu, I've made like 200k from selling gems to the Gerudo Merchant who buys them for a crazy price.

As an aside, I think Sooga, in the right hands, is the most powerful character in the game if you can get the timings down on his counterattack, there's nothing you can't counter from what I've seen and he gets stronger the more counter tags you have active at once.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Sooga is really cool, I just wish I was good enough at parrying to use him properly. Robbie/Purah are pretty fun too, I like the risk/reward of plopping down their inventions

I've found that the largest enemies like the Hinox and Lynels can be parried pretty reliably but Moblins are the worst things, some of their attacks like their kicks just come out lightning fast which ruins the parry flow you have built up.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kohga at least has a unique interaction if you face him as Riju, which isn't much of a tip off but its something.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Bogart posted:

Who would willingly use Riju?

On paper she's good as all of her attacks are wide sweeping AOE's but in practice you end up crashing into walls and getting stuck on tiny bits of scenery a lot, it's a shame.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's a reason my go-to character is Mipha, strong sweeping attacks, can summon water fountains for quicker movement and exposing weak points and her special is an enormous AOE that also gives you a small heal.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

That's the curse of this being a more focused experience than Hyrule Warriors 1 which was a general celebration of the franchise, AoC being shackled to BOTW doesn't leave much wiggle room for outlandish scenarios or adventure mode style maps.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well the point of levelling up weapons is so you kill the DLC enemies faster, it also depends on what skills you are getting in the weapon you are levelling because that makes a massive difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Why does Astor suck so much. Cia and Ganondorf completely owned any scene they were in and had fun mid battle dialogue, Astor is just...loving nothing.

He's sharing the villain spotlight with Master Kogha so he never stood a chance.