Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

HPanda posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the plot of Hyrule Warriors: (kind of spoilers I guess?) http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/git-it-gurl

This needs to be in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Anyone know the easiest route to get Toon Zelda? I tried it a while ago and got dunked (though, admittedly, I was exceedingly low level) and was looking to give it another try but this being the first time I really played the game navigating the adventure map is a logistical nightmare of a puzzle

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Get your character to lv. 10-15 and a decent Rank 1 weapon. Remember to pick up a Cannon item card because you need it to bomb a rock on her square (one is gotten easily on the Spirit Tracks side).

Oxyclean posted:

I'll have to go look at my game when I get home to see what I did but by the time I finished Legend mode I want to say my link was around level 40-50 with the master sword, which made getting through any mission where I could use him fairly easy.

Thank you both, I'll take a look when I get off work, I just was looking around for a cannon and the only even relatively close I could find was limited to Toon Zelda :v:

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Alrighty folks you ready for a riddle? I'm playing the Termina Map, the world ended and I started adventuring east because I see a sweet Zelda weapon I'm hoping is my beloved baton. Get to area 4 down 13 across (the one with the goron face). "Sup, the enemies are hidden and need to be revealed"

Okay... So where are the Zora masks to reveal them? There's one right there, but I can't get past 4d-13a to get to it. I check to the south, nada. I check to the north, nada. Okay they must be west... There they are! I start mapping the route and lo and behold, 4d6a has hidden loving enemies that need to be revealed.

How the gently caress does this work, can someone who knows what they're doing explain to me what the hell is happening here?

My map for reference

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Go north and to the right: You need the Goron Mask to reveal the hidden enemies.

(BTW you are right in that the Zelda weapon down in the east there is the Baton.)

Aw hell you're right. Thanks a million!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Groose has a memorable design, a catchy theme song, a well done character arc even if it's somewhat cliche, and has the potential of using an interesting weapon. What's not to like

Isn't Groose's theme almost the same as the Wind Waker pirate theme?

Which means of course... Niko for HW2

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

KingSlime posted:

How many chars do you guys routinely level up? Should I stick with a core of 3 to 5 if I want to rip through as much content as fast as possible (those adventure maps holy poo poo) or is it worth leveling up more dudes?

Also any downsides to leveling up dudes with rupees? Seems like an awesome way to remove all tedium, anything to know about this mechanic?

I've only played two story missions and two adventure map levels but wow I think I like this game.

I regularly lead the charge with Zelda being my highest level, and I just use the training dojo to level anyone I feel like using to be around 6-10 levels lower than her. There's no downside, and you get more rupees than you will probably ever need just by playing the game and selling excess weapons you don't plan on fusing

To actually answer the question, Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Toon Zelda, Tetra, and whenever I feel like someone else I'll level them up to match

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Flytrap posted:

So, turns out with a 20something Skull Kid with a level 1 weapon and the Master Sword, you can do a pretty quick job of beelining Shiek's 4+ weapon for all your early game breaking.

Hilariously, it makes her about on par with a first rank 1 star Ganondorf Trident. drat that thing is loving broken.

I fought long and hard cutting my way into the termina map with my highest level unit being 35 Zelda with a lvl 2 baton and Link about 2 levels behind with the master sword, but I got the level 4 baton.

That thing is a crowd control nightmare. Tearing through swathes of enemies as easy as a scythe through wheat. I used it to go through Grand Travels to get the 4+ harp for Medli and next stop is the lvl 4 protector sword for Toon Zelda.

Level 4 weapons are insanity

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Volga usually does his fast strong attack after blocking two hits so when I see that I usually start sidestepping to avoid it and WPS him.

I want this man's Volga. I lost one of the easy as beans quiz levels like 5 times because I was forced into Wizzro and Volga used his charged claw and dragon fire about 60 times a second and they both break shield without opening him up.

Seriously, Volga for me is worse than the Imprisonned

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Kin posted:

It might be a bit much to ask but can anyone list the goto move for each character?

Like, link is C3, Ganon C4 or whatever.

It helps to figure out if I'm just playing a character wrong and not missing out on some over powered attack.

From my experience playing Zelda with baton/sword. The sword's best is a charged C3, the baton is C4 to make gusted enemies (best in a huge crowd) then X to make a tornado to carry yourself all the way to Oz. Ideally with baton you want at least 1 gust before pressing X, then hoping the start of your Strong makes a second to cause a huge twister

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Reality Loser posted:

When in story mode do you get the hammer? The story isn't gripping me at all so far and I'd rather be doing adventure.

You could just do what I do, and not get it and just use your magic bar on the helmarock king. It generates pretty fast when there's two people fighting the bird

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

What's the effective way to use the Baton?

Its a crowd control tool and much better in a crowd. Three lights into a heavy to make gusts, then just a heavy to bring out the tornado to hit the gusts. Hit everyone once then hit heavy to blow it up for a second solid damage hit

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Speaking of movesets, am I playing Linkle's Boots wrong, or are they just kinda bad. I mean, like, I even use the Baton and it just seems like the Boots don't have speed, range, or movement. Which is strange considering they're boots.

Also you can't flip down the hood which is a goddamn travesty.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

That quiz level feels totally awful. I might have to give it another stab but it felt like getting an A would be a total struggle.

Someone in the thread recommended just using another controller and putting Agitha in the corner while say, Ganondorf takes the quiz. I tried it and loved it for missions where it sacks me as a character I hate.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

You grab a second controller or split the Joycons, have Player 2 join, pick their character to someone good, go hide Agitha in a corner somewhere, and have Good Character do all the work. This is especially easy in quiz maps because there are no random mooks running around.

Note, for quizzes you still have to walk the 'Agitha' in the equation into the fort to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

My only issue with Zant is I actually have to pay attention otherwise I gently caress up his heavy attacks and fall on my rear end, but he is fun as hell