Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Been playing Mario+Rabbids. It's really good.

One could say the Switch is very good :smug: I’m still kind of shocked Rockstar hasn’t put GTAV on the Switch yet. It’s a game from the PS3/360 life time and it sells like mad on other systems still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One could say the Switch is very good :smug: I’m still kind of shocked Rockstar hasn’t put GTAV on the Switch yet. It’s a game from the PS3/360 life time and it sells like mad on other systems still

It'd take a while to port, and I'm not sure if they'd bother if they couldn't make money off of GTAO

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I misplaced my dock and charging cable and now i can’t justify impulse buying hyrule warriors because I’ll probably run out of battery almost immediately ;_;

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

switch isnt as powerful as a ps3

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Harlock posted:

Still pretty sad Switch can't even run a low res version of it

this kind of post always messes me up because it shows the posters complete lack of understanding of how these things work

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
like you're assuming they ported the entire game over and optimized it and it still didn't run well so they said screw it, instead of the more likely scenario: capcom is half-assed and run by fools

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Switch: Perfect
Wizard of Legend: Good
Hyrule Warriors: Also good
Linkle: My favorite child whom I will protect with my life.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does Linkle ever meet Link? If she does I guess it would be a fairly sad revelation for her like WyldStyle in the Lego movie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Inzombiac posted:

Wizard of Legend: Good

Is it? I heard that it ends up being samey without much clear progression.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
They did a pretty good job of recreating the Zelda series characters in Hyrule Warriors, but the original character designs are just poop.

edit: I mean original as in new as of HW, not original Zelda characters. That was badly worded.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Princeps32 posted:

that poo poo was hilarious and better than fighting actual imprisoned

No yah it rules

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

on the other hand, gently caress playing fi

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ciaphas posted:

on the other hand, gently caress playing fi

But her move set is unique.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

enojy posted:

I just spend the first 30 seconds or so seeing what the combos are like, and figuring out their unique perks (e.g. Linkle's rapid fire strong, Cia's combo-changing mode via strong attack, Sheik's various buffs.) Most characters have the same style of combos--
YX is a single-target launcher
YYX is typically a straight line ranged attack
YYYX is typically a radial AOE attack
YYYYX, I forget! Characters may get unique after that point.

Once you're in game you can also hit hero info and look at your combo list and you'll get a little blurb that explains the gimmick for your weapon set (like Linkle's crossbow ammo etc) . Don't think there's a way to do it if you're not in a battle tho

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wikipedia Brown posted:

edit: I mean original as in new as of HW, not original Zelda characters. That was badly worded.
I don't even know which characters these are, versus ones in a Zelda game I haven't played.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know which characters these are, versus ones in a Zelda game I haven't played.

The Hyrule Warriors characters are pretty much just Lana and the villains.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Samurai Sanders posted:

Lana, Cia, Volga, Wizzro.

Also thanks for whoever pointed out the goron massacre map. I just did a run as young Link with basically full fierce deity uptime where I got 20pk rupees in 7 minutes because I accidentally killed Lana too quick. Young Link is ridiculoua on this map

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Wikipedia Brown posted:

They did a pretty good job of recreating the Zelda series characters in Hyrule Warriors, but the original character designs are just poop.

cia is pretty embarassing and totally out of place, also despite her insane cc i find her annoying to play and hate her long-rear end story missions

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Is there a reason that we dont have separate threads for Switch games? this thread moves super quick and its kind of annoying when cool announcements or news gets lost in 500 posts about a game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

Is there a reason that we dont have separate threads for Switch games? this thread moves super quick and its kind of annoying when cool announcements or news gets lost in 500 posts about a game.

Lock thread until next direct

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Laserface posted:

there are separate threads for some games like splatoon 2 or odyssey but no one seems to be bothering with rereleases like donkey kong or hyrule warriors

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Real hurthling! posted:

Lock thread until next direct

So what, 3 days from now?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brother Entropy posted:

there are separate threads for some games like splatoon 2 or odyssey but no one seems to be bothering with rereleases like donkey kong or hyrule warriors

There’s still an active Hyrule Warriors thread if people want to bump it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668508

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Princeps32 posted:

cia is pretty embarassing and totally out of place, also despite her insane cc i find her annoying to play and hate her long-rear end story missions

Yeah, she’s the worst of the bunch. Volga is generic, and Lana looks pretty dumb and is kind of annoying. Mainly, I just don’t understand why they exist.

Is this what Dynasty Warriors characters are like?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
gently caress yeah just beat stage 5-K of Tropical Freeze. Thought i would quit before finishing it but I got through it on my lunchbreak and celebrated alone in a park.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I went to the store today

https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/998737848617590784?s=19

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Is this what Dynasty Warriors characters are like?
DW has real history and also a thousand years of literature behind it for them to mine to make characters relevant to each other and the story. I’m not saying they always do a good job but I greatly prefer that way to the purely fictional Musou games where all they have is anime and game tropes to go off of.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know what else had real history and thousands of characters to mine? Nazi Germany

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Coming soon, a new friend for Kirby

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/998760585742336000

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nice. He looks really cool in 3D.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I like Lana's design

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

You know what else had real history and thousands of characters to mine? Nazi Germany
Yeah it also has lots of anime tropes.

Is...is Musou Hilter?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How are y'all forgetting to list Linkle in Hyrule Warriors OCs!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Cia is worth it just for the ridiculous story reasoning.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the plot of Hyrule Warriors: (kind of spoilers I guess?) http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/git-it-gurl

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Linkle's an original too and she's cool. for incredibly obvious reasons it's a derivative design, but it avoids being dull about it like a lot stuff does when going about that sort of thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
All of the non-Zelda Hyrule Warriors characters are extremely "original character donut steel" but I feel like they kind of wrap around from being super awful to being pretty funny. They're all so over-the-top.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HPanda posted:

Cia is worth it just for the ridiculous story reasoning.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the plot of Hyrule Warriors: (kind of spoilers I guess?) http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/git-it-gurl

Time to bring back Hurl Warriors:
https://setzeri.tumblr.com/image/98901482297

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wizzro and Linkle are pretty cool designs, I think.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
cia owns. any villain whose motivation is "horny for link" is a-ok with me

also if i recall her story mode is a series of fuckups that barely manage to stumble into success

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does Linkle ever meet Link? If she does I guess it would be a fairly sad revelation for her like WyldStyle in the Lego movie.

Never. There is a reward map scenario that explores the potential a little, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

Linkle actually has more in common with Tingle than she does Link to be honest, something exacerbated by the "Fight alongside your... twin?" mission.

• Locked thread