Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Kibayasu posted:

Yeah but I'd know I did it. I may not be good at Hitman but I do enjoy the spirit of the perfect assassination.

Understandable!

Sorry again for the late update. PC crashing business is fuuuuuuun.

Flatline: Therapy (CirclMastr)

I realized not too long ago that I haven't been posting the paper clippings, so I'll try and get those done when I can get around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure the guards do not care if you go into the morgue once Smith is there. The orderly who brings Smith might, I've never gotten there fast enough to find out, but I've run in while wearing my suit on multiple occasions and never had a problem. Also, I can see why you were impatient to finally leave in the normal run, since you took some absurdly inefficient methods in the Pro/SA run. I did have a bit of a laugh when I was expecting you to drop the weights in the normal run, but instead just shot the guy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Emissary666 posted:

I'm pretty sure the guards do not care if you go into the morgue once Smith is there.

I think they do? I seem to remember on my last playthrough having to remain stealthy to get into the morgue, complicated by the guard's post being right outside the door.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I think they do? I seem to remember on my last playthrough having to remain stealthy to get into the morgue, complicated by the guard's post being right outside the door.

I just got Silent Assassin on Expert for the level, my suspicion shot up to yellow when I barged in, but there were no other complications. I have neither the time nor energy to see if it is the same for Pro.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Here's another; Best Dressed by Default - take a level where there's a lot of men dressed in suits (suit jacket and tie, or bow tie) and kill em' all. Let no one upstage 47. You must remain in your normal suit, so as to properly establish tailoring supremacy.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Erwin the German posted:

Here's another; Best Dressed by Default - take a level where there's a lot of men dressed in suits (suit jacket and tie, or bow tie) and kill em' all. Let no one upstage 47. You must remain in your normal suit, so as to properly establish tailoring supremacy.

I'm likely to change my tune once I start getting tries in on this, but for the moment, I absolutely love the way you think.

Emissary666 posted:

I'm pretty sure the guards do not care if you go into the morgue once Smith is there. The orderly who brings Smith might, I've never gotten there fast enough to find out, but I've run in while wearing my suit on multiple occasions and never had a problem. Also, I can see why you were impatient to finally leave in the normal run, since you took some absurdly inefficient methods in the Pro/SA run. I did have a bit of a laugh when I was expecting you to drop the weights in the normal run, but instead just shot the guy.

I wasn't really gonna try it out after the dumb things I went through just getting to that point. I didn't altogether mind the waiting so long as I didn't end up losing SA :v:

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Oh: Bomb Throwing Anarchist - your ONLY method of attack shall be tossing a bomb at your target. Since you're limited to two bombs max, this obviously only works on missions with one or two targets - maybe more, I guess, if you can get creative enough.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
This is another of those maps where it feels like there are a ton of approaches I never use.

I also think you got away with shooting that guy being an "accident" because he was about to use the workout equipment, and I guess they probably just made it so that any death of his on that bench would be ruled an "accident."

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

This is another of those maps where it feels like there are a ton of approaches I never use.

I also think you got away with shooting that guy being an "accident" because he was about to use the workout equipment, and I guess they probably just made it so that any death of his on that bench would be ruled an "accident."

There are a ton of approaches in this map that don't really seem to have a point. You can steal a pass and check yourself in as a patient, but that just makes retrieving your suit harder and has no real advantages. There is a lot of climb-y stuff in the isolation wing, but no reason to ever use it. It feels like they had a lot of ideas that they did not use.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Emissary666 posted:

There are a ton of approaches in this map that don't really seem to have a point. You can steal a pass and check yourself in as a patient, but that just makes retrieving your suit harder and has no real advantages. There is a lot of climb-y stuff in the isolation wing, but no reason to ever use it. It feels like they had a lot of ideas that they did not use.

I don’t think every single option in the game is meant to be open to a Silent Assassin suit recovery run. Passing yourself off as a patient is an easy way to gain access to a disguise and most of the clinic without needing to mess with any stealth or assault.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I have never played any of these games. It reminds me of when stealth was still a feasible gameplay mechanic in Payday 2.

Is it possible to set up any of the targets to get killed by someone else, accidentally or on purpose? Like in the opera house, exchanging the actor's prop gun for a real one. (Or did that happen in the challenge run? Haven't watched it yet.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

queserasera posted:

I have never played any of these games. It reminds me of when stealth was still a feasible gameplay mechanic in Payday 2.

Is it possible to set up any of the targets to get killed by someone else, accidentally or on purpose? Like in the opera house, exchanging the actor's prop gun for a real one. (Or did that happen in the challenge run? Haven't watched it yet.

Yes, absolutely! It's pretty rare as far as I'm aware though. The case you mention is one of the few times that I absolutely know it's possible.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

And I just watched the video. Clever. Is there a way to off the ambassador without dropping the catwalk on him? Also, if you're found out, can you still salvage the mission? I'm guessing it involves killing everyone who saw you do it.

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.
In this game, if your stealth breaks, it's generally gone for the rest of the level. This usually means that you're either stuck fighting your way out or just restarting. You CAN find a new disguise and sometimes it works out, but it's not something that should absolutely be counted on as a consistent thing. That being said, you can 100% finish a hit even if you're no longer completely in stealth.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Here's a challenge idea, though feel free to drop it if it isn't fun(or is outright infeasible).

The Law of Conservation of Munitions: On a mission with more than one assassination target, herd them all together(or wait for their paths to cross) and take them out with one action(one sabotaged item, one bomb, one bullet even, it doesn't matter. Just take out multiple targets with one move).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

queserasera posted:

And I just watched the video. Clever. Is there a way to off the ambassador without dropping the catwalk on him? Also, if you're found out, can you still salvage the mission? I'm guessing it involves killing everyone who saw you do it.

There's different ways, though not as many as for Alvaro. For Delahunt, here's the ones I know of:

* Rig up the chandelier with a mine to drop on his head (he conveniently trips right where this happens).

* Snipe him while he's in his box.

* Blow him up with another mine or snipe him when he runs up to the stage.

For Alvaro:

* Rig up the lighting rig with a mine to drop on his head while he's on stage.

* Shoot him in time with the blank gunshot. You can technically shoot him whenever, but doing it under the cover of the gunshot gives you an opportunity for them to realize what happened and flee or get in position to kill Delahunt.

* Swap the blank gun for the real gun.

* Disguise yourself as the executioner and shoot him with the real gun.

* Lay a mine on the stage when nobody's looking and blow him up.

If your stealth is blown, the only way to get it back is to switch into a different disguise. Depending on your difficulty level, this may or may not work. Higher difficulty levels also introduce the concept of 47's identity needing to be kept hidden, as being seen by more witnesses committing crimes or on security cameras allows for increasingly accurate sketches to appear in the newspaper until eventually 47's presence alone will alert people. You can reduce this Notoriety by paying money back at your hideout to do stuff like intimidate witnesses or get a new identity.

There's also a lot of upgrades you can do for 47's equipment between missions. He has his Silverballer (which can be upgraded to two for dual-wielding), an MP5, a SPAS-12, an M4, and a WA2000 that can all be upgraded with silencers, extended magazines, more powerful ammo, sights, and other gun-specific upgrades (like full auto fire for the Silverballers). Since you can only hide the Silverballers on your person and only the WA2000 gets a briefcase to carry around without suspicion, the other guns are really only for when you feel like going loud on this run. You can also upgrade 47's body armor, lockpicks, mines, and health-restoring items.

The only failure state in this game is failing to kill the targets and dying. You get more money (and on higher difficulty levels, less Notoriety) for quieter kills, but there's absolutely nothing stopping you from showing up with an M4 with a 100-round drum mag, red dot, laser sight, and silencer and blowing away everyone in sight.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 18, 2018

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Since you can only hide the Silverballers on your person

Can't you hide the MP5 as well? Or am I misremembering?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

Can't you hide the MP5 as well? Or am I misremembering?

I checked and yes, you can conceal the MP5!

There's also a bog standard MP5A2 that you can pick up for your weapons wall, which is carried by a few NPCs, and is still concealable.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Not sure if this is doable as a challenge: do the job only with the resources on the map and nothing from your inventory.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

queserasera posted:

Not sure if this is doable as a challenge: do the job only with the resources on the map and nothing from your inventory.

I think this was already done in the Curtain Call challenge run

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

Emissary666 posted:

I think this was already done in the Curtain Call challenge run

It was, but dupes are okay too. I still have that challenge marked as open considering it's not level specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If only you had 3 sedatives so you could have the most accident prone therapist office ever.

And no offence meant to the player but I do like how imperfect a "perfect" run of a Blood Money level can be.

• Locked thread