Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Problem description: My computer suddenly stopped receiving sound from my microphone. The microphone is not muted and all the levels are turned up to full, but the computer is just simply not hearing anything from the mic. Now here's where it gets weird. If I go into the microphone settings and select "Listen to this device" the computer will hear it. As soon as I uncheck that the computer loses it. The computer sees and correctly identifies the mic, it just can't hear it.

Attempted fixes: Bought a different microphone. Cheapo Logitech Microphone -> Samson Meteor. Checked all sound settings and levels. Closed all other applications. Tried different USB ports. Reinstalled drivers. Restarted.

Recent changes: Windows updated and I ran a full Malware/Virus scan.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs:
Motherboard: Asus H97-Plus
CPU: Intel i5 4690
RAM: 16GB of DDR3 RAM
Microphone: Old
New

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Travic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
nvm solved it. For anyone looking the latest update was some kind of Creator's update which disabled my microphone in privacy settings of all the loving places.

• Locked thread