Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It looks like you're having difficulty spelling "six" there, frendo. Maybe you should turn auto-correction on?

From the home screen, go to "Settings", then "General", then "Keyboard", and make sure the switch for "Auto-Correction" is set to Green.

Hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
thanks i'm On my way! to fix that now

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
OP are you pocting from the year 2014? pleace advice

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Schadenboner posted:

It looks like you're having difficulty spelling "six" there, frendo. Maybe you should turn auto-correction on?

From the home screen, go to "Settings", then "General", then "Keyboard", and make sure the switch for "Auto-Correction" is set to Green.

Hth.

Sorry about my colloquial accent joke

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQfBV9GdJ80 hth

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So what's winter in ANZACistan like? Do hungry wolves come down from the mountains and run rampant through the streets?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Animals don’t kill people in New Zealand the only bird big enough to kill humans was eaten to extinction by humans so no wolves just temperate climates and pregnant ewes

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Animals don’t kill people in New Zealand the only bird big enough to kill humans was eaten to extinction by humans so no wolves just temperate climates and pregnant ewes

So what keeps the hobbit population in check?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
most hobbits are nevernudes.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the armies of Gondor (????) :shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
are you *snort* are you suggesting that the gondorians would actually kill hobbits????? that is utterly ridiculous!!

first of all...

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i like the kiwi birds

just use whichever iphone they use

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

President Beep posted:

are you *snort* are you suggesting that the gondorians would actually kill hobbits????? that is utterly ridiculous!!

first of all...

... well? first of all what? I want to know why

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

first of all...

Gondorattis I think?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

keas will take your car apart tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

keas will take your car apart tho

Good birbs

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
man seeking man. have galaxy s8 64gb blue coral edition. want iphone 8 plus 256gb red edition.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdvRCkCNfo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
yeah, I drive a kea

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite part of NZ cell markets is that Moari got spectrum for dirt cheap due to rules lawyering a treaty from 1840.

quote:

In 1999, the New Zealand Government auctioned off 3G spectrum radio spectrum licence. Rangiaho Everton claimed that the auction breached the Treaty of Waitangi because she believed radio spectrum is taonga and the government has no right to sell it. Everton lodged a claim with the Waitangi Tribunal, which was upheld. It was not until Labour won the 1999 election that Māori were allocated one of the four 2 GHz 3G spectrum licences at a discounted price plus $5 million to develop it.

Edit: The new company almost immediately cut standard plan prices in half and really messed with the main incumbent who was descended from the state telephone monopoly.

freeasinbeer fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 3, 2018

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

can the spectrum take a pounding like the iPhone sux can’t?

and as a side note; if colonists and immigrants don’t like the treaty that was signed between the British crown and almost every single indigenous aotearoa tribe then :qq: :qq: :qq:

what’s a better iPhone that this one that I should buy because this thing really is a piece of utter poo poo.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I glad I didn’t pony up $1200 for this flimsy price of plastic-tin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

7 I suppose because it bends less and is faster? 8 has a glass back

nonjoke option se

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I like my iphone 7, will probably upgrade on the next cycle

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

I like my iphone 7, will probably upgrade on the next cycle

iphones 7 are good. can confirm.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my 6 is needs suiting, if they ever refresh the se then ill prob upg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

iphones 7 are good. can confirm.

same. its the first proper murdered out phone since the 5 and this the first acceptable main number model

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
is it true the SE 2 is gonna be announced on Monday?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sure

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

didn’t say which monday tho

:twisted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

didn’t say which monday tho

:twisted:

*a finger closes on the preserved hand of jobs as a laugh is heard off in the distance*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

announced at 10 PST… PM!!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Get a sweet new SE, then hit the clubs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

unfortunately I downgraded to an iPhone X

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

OP are you pocting from the year 2014? pleace advice

no.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
he’s in NZ so they are usually 3-30 years behind, except with tap to pay.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Only two banks do Apple Pay and my bank decided to do its own bespoke phone payment wallet app which is nice cash is for suckers trust computers to look after your monies

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
lol. get a better bank.

(j/k there is only 5 banks in NZ and they are all exposed to the coming mortgage bubble)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

paying with credits through your communicator is prett cyberpunk and cool tbh

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

today I splashed out and replaced my iPhone 4s with the new and improved iPhone 6 [pronounced “sux”]. the reason for the upgrade was to take advantage of the new WIFI CALLING service now available from a popular local mobile retail network provider.

the iPhone 4s is a solid beast. it can take a pounding. it makes calls and takes photos. and can take an absolute pounding wherever you may be on the farm.

my fresh take of the new iPhone sux is that it is small and flimsy with stupid buttons and my manly rural hands are going to break in no time and the phone in general is slippery as gently caress

what a lovely phone why did you nerds want to buy this thing?

lots of love

me.

posted from the new iPhone six [sux].

you’re holding it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Agile Vector posted:

paying with credits through your communicator is prett cyberpunk and cool tbh