Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sick models. Looking forward to the yospos battle royale game where you can choose between playing as a chair or a cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

gently caress yes.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

this took way too loving long

Make it point at a coffee mug that says "Juff Blezos you've got a funny clown name"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This thread fucks.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mate I'm rock hard waiting for this render but I ain't seeing it on my screen.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1UuFHdb.mp4

i dont really even like how it turned out, but the fluid simulation took like a day and the render like a day and a half, so you have to see it whther you like it or not

I don't get why you don't have a job doing this professionally. Like the dude that made that gun with all the parts inside and everything; isn't that at least at the level that you could work for a game studio? I mean maybe you've got a better job already but whats the bar for portfolio worthy models?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Wild EEPROM posted:

the bar is not making anime titties

*squints at the rodtronics logo*

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

carve it into your forehead and turn your monitor off bitch

This would mirror the text and make it WORTHLESS thanks for nothing

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I support the logo! When we get "I support the RODTRONICS logo" and "Boo the RODTRONICS logo is bad" gang tags I will wear the pro-RODTRONICS gang tag!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Proudly!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

qhat posted:

This thread would be interesting if the person who championed it actually knew what the gently caress they were doing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=273

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sure. You dont even need cloth or folding for that. If you've got a film strip you just need a curve to define the bend, a film segment with a curve deformer and a replicating array.

Roll Camera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbn9s1T8154

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I installed blender and made a sphere, and then got stuck on the rendering screen and gave up. I'll give it another 20 minutes tomorrow.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Is the object moving but the camera is attached to it, or are the lights moving?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Is it possible to have a :rodtronics: shaped light that subtly hints at the logo while reflecting off an object?? I'm going to put in some more effort on blender tonight and see if I can make any progress from my last session.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Space force blender thread oh my god can you even imagine

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Could you script out an operating system using blender to run on your 3d modeled computer?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Going back in time to quote this post

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Holy gently caress I was going to post this and I scrolled down and it's even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

looks like a tree disease

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Schadenboner posted:

Q*bert remake looking good!

Qbert 3D.... 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1UuFHdb.mp4

i dont really even like how it turned out, but the fluid simulation took like a day and the render like a day and a half, so you have to see it whther you like it or not

Quoting this classic rodtronic

• Locked thread