Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

I signed up to Grindr just to watch.

you know what i mean burt secual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

it's from my "wake up as a star trek" thread

sometimes I just get nostalgic and get all star trek'd up

But the other goon next to you?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
sounds like a scheme to get ownership of all the awesome photoshops we've done ovr the years.

By we I mean palpek, mainly

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad you haven't sold out before, so this option is available. Selling out to Pineterest a little is the greatest thing ever this site could do.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Supreme Allah posted:

sounds like a scheme to get ownership of all the awesome photoshops we've done ovr the years.

:hmmyes:

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I dont use Pinterest but i hate googling something and being denied pictures because its on Pinterest. Maybe they want to monopolize on the hit memes SA makes?? krusty junk?

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Just agree to whatever they offer. Honestly, it would spice things up around here and bring in mad cash money. What could go wrong?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I made $5 off a phone case I designed on Red Bubble thanks to a Pinterest post I made so it works kinda.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My wife loves it, but she's dumb and spends all our money so YMMV

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

you need bones to live, so its a tough one.

Another loving shill for Big Osteo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lowtax posted:

What does this mean, do we need Promoted Pins??? Pictures with words and some such nonsense???

Just sell out Taxman you need to support your robot spine and our negative funding runs won't save you.

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
I can't understand one bit of such possible deal, but hey, if there's money in it, because don't know you but I like money, it should be considerable, at least?

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

How much would we get paid per post?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Gorgar posted:

How much would we get paid per post?

would there be a bonus for emptyquotes

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

i just dont know how a person exists online without a handful of, at least observant, social media accounts

sa is all you need, if something happens on a different platform that is interesting someone will link it here

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Swedish Butt-Whistle posted:

prepare gbs and e/n for an influx of 40 something stay at home moms

My body is ready

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

On one hand, I warn you that you would be wading into the swampy waters of social media.

On the other, I do want to see you get paid.

I don't think the geniuses at Pinterest researched goons very well, but eh. Get Lowtax monies and worry about that later.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Swedish Butt-Whistle posted:

prepare gbs and e/n for an influx of 40 something stay at home moms

Thirsty goons get ready

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My body is ready

GBS becomes the new cougar hunting grounds.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

On the other, I do want to see you get paid.

P sure they just want him to buy ads

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zil posted:

Im in.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Blue Train posted:

P sure they just want him to buy ads

Then gently caress em

Woden
May 6, 2006

Zil posted:

Cat lady GBS 2.0.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

https://www.pinterest.com/leevclarke/cock-balls/

:getin:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The hell? This is just loving weird

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I had to join pinterest to access most of the pictures that come up when I'm looking for woodworking inspiration.

Promoted pins are the pinterest equivalent of promoted tweets, e.g. advertisements formatted as regular content. They are offering you a service to help you set up promoted pins. In other words, they are asking if you want to buy advertising on their site, packaged with some sort of faux marketing consultancy service to help you target your advertisement.

It's not a potential business deal, it's a cold call sales pitch sent out to businesses listings, with them probably completely unaware of the nature of the business.

naem
May 29, 2011

Laslow posted:

That would have to be the weirdest deal I could have imagined. But for a social media outlet, you can’t do any better.

Who else is out in that space? Facebook? Twitter? Tumblr? It’s literally the least worst one out there. Work out a deal and bring in those milfbux.

MILFBUX

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Goons slaying cougars with broad swords.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Spinster posted:

I cannot IMAGINE how this would work BUT more chicks in SA is definitely how to increase your numbers and $.

I have a shitload of artknowhow and jewelry making knowledge (gag) if I can help let me know.

Seriously

Got any hot tips on how to enamel metal without it loving up? Talking copper/gold alloys with significant aluminum and iron fractions

Also what's the best way to set gems and deal with fine filings, I feel like I'm throwing away metal here

Zil posted:

So just in a PM or do we email it to you? What's the procedure here?

I want this on my headstone.

Rip Zil, insufficient mamaries to sustain life

Supreme Allah posted:

Lol if you haven't been on the front page multiple times

Holy poo poo, Lowtax! Please convince them to pin the star wars 9/11 thread as a test run!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

I had to join pinterest to access most of the pictures that come up when I'm looking for woodworking inspiration.

Promoted pins are the pinterest equivalent of promoted tweets, e.g. advertisements formatted as regular content. They are offering you a service to help you set up promoted pins. In other words, they are asking if you want to buy advertising on their site, packaged with some sort of faux marketing consultancy service to help you target your advertisement.

It's not a potential business deal, it's a cold call sales pitch sent out to businesses listings, with them probably completely unaware of the nature of the business.

fml

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lowtax please pin all g the amazing content produced here, it'll get the internets buzzing

C'mon this place has had some crazy poo poo go down, expose it to the milfs if even on a trial basis

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Tbh I'd be intimidated by the pinterest owners because they know how to set up an internet thing that makes money and i don't think we've reached that level yet

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Burn Pinterest To the ground!!

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Target the Halloween boards and advertise SA as Home of the Slenderman.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
if it gets goatse on pinterest, I'm all for it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Breakfast Feud posted:

Same, would like to get a goatse needlepoint pattern.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Breakfast Feud posted:

10 quick ideas for a banging lemon party!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Breakfast Feud posted:

bingo, start selling graphic goatse merch and advertise it on pinterest

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Tax man just get some gently caress you money from Pinterest if you can. You need to buy more bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

:grin: "i bought you a graphic T"

:dadjoke: "ill say!"

• Locked thread