Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
medli :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

makar always made me sad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The mask origin cutscenes in MM are really epic. And often sad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Which makes me wonder... is there even any overall significance of music in BOTW. I know the bird guy sings but that's the only thing I can remember.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Which makes me wonder... is there even any overall significance of music in BOTW. I know the bird guy sings but that's the only thing I can remember.

the overworld music is scraps of the hyrule themes, which represents exploring this devastated ruin of a former kingdom. and the hyrule castle theme is loving great. i really like quiet hyrule in general

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the DLC does some cool theme variations with the champion's ballad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean people playing the music or you playing the music. All the other games I can think of it happens.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda. It's really just perfect.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have to confess: I’ve never played more than a few minutes of MM. Just thinking about the time mechanic stresses me out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have to confess: I’ve never played more than a few minutes of MM. Just thinking about the time mechanic stresses me out

its basically an hour or so to get to a checkpoint, like a warp point, a new item, etc. the game is designed around you reaching these points and quitting if you need to. for example, for the ice dungeon, the dungeon item is the fire arrow which unlocks a ton of shortcuts via melting ice, so even if you're horribly slow at zelda games you just have to reach the half-way point and you've made permanent progress. also, theres a way to slow down time so that it's like 2 hours which is incredibly lenient

the 3ds port is really good and its probably my favorite zelda ahead of windwaker lol give it a shot

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The intro cutscene of Wind Waker when the violin theme comes in powerfully

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Average Bear posted:

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda. It's really just perfect.

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The intro cutscene of Wind Waker when the violin theme comes in powerfully

This, and also the epic credits version that plays at the end

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

its not so bad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

people complaining about botw weapon durability is the new people complaining about mm countdown timer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Marginally related but I been watching people play OOT randomizer lately and it’s win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In fact it's so cool I think I'm gonna try it sometime.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

That does sound cool. Does it require much glitching to get into places or can you mostly play it through out of order?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Aston posted:

That does sound cool. Does it require much glitching to get into places or can you mostly play it through out of order?

https://github.com/AmazingAmpharos/OoT-Randomizer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This program takes The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and randomizes the locations of the items for a more dynamic play experience. Proper logic is used to ensure every seed is possible to complete without the use of glitches and will be safe from the possibility of softlocks with any possible usage of keys in dungeons.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that sounds awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

This program takes The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and randomizes the locations of the items for a more dynamic play experience. Proper logic is used to ensure every seed is possible to complete without the use of glitches and will be safe from the possibility of softlocks with any possible usage of keys in dungeons.

Sick.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This got me wanting to finish my old 3ds file...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

elf help book posted:

people complaining about botw weapon durability is the new people complaining about mm countdown timer

Lol don't forget the people who couldn't handle the timed dungeon in Phantom Hourglass.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Lol don't forget the people who couldn't handle the timed dungeon in Phantom Hourglass.

no one talks about that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Some powerful feels in this thread.

I really found the Captain Keeta stuff in MM cool. MM is loaded with very interesting NPCs for a game it’s age.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

Some powerful feels in this thread.

I really found the Captain Keeta stuff in MM cool. MM is loaded with very interesting NPCs for a game it’s age.

playing through mm a few years ago something i was rather surprised on was that the games that came after it didnt go far with sidequests as it did. the main island in wind waker with the auction house and school had some of it, but not nearly as much

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

also its rather brave of them to say theyre gonna make a quick smaller sequel, reuse all the same assets, and then also make those characters with the reused assets way more important so youre looking at them all the time

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

elf help book posted:

playing through mm a few years ago something i was rather surprised on was that the games that came after it didnt go far with sidequests as it did. the main island in wind waker with the auction house and school had some of it, but not nearly as much

Committing to the idea of an ocean full of small, mostly unpopulated islands really presents a challenge for making side quests that are long but not tedious. It’s amazing to consider what they did with that concept in creating the full game

elf help book posted:

also its rather brave of them to say theyre gonna make a quick smaller sequel, reuse all the same assets, and then also make those characters with the reused assets way more important so youre looking at them all the time

It sort of ties into the feel that termina exists in an alternate reality. You get a sense of familiarity with the world but it feels quite bizarre and unexpected. It would be nice to see a BOTW sequel have the same approach

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 1, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa831UToCAI

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

When you hear the remix in botw :worship:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the rematch mix of this song in the same game is cool too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

word

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie This guy and SpikeVegeta are gonna do a race of the randomizer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Whoa their apparently considering making a version that will also randomly put rooms from Master Quest and stuff into the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The OoT master quest room in Deku tree that just filled one of the areas with graves creeped me out.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My brothers tried to make me watch the moon crashing into Clock Town but it freaked me out so bad I had to leave the room and I still haven't played MM to this day

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I saw it on a stream that PoptartGamer of Zeldathon fame did where he fell asleep in Clocktower town after being awake 30 hours.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I saw it on a stream that PoptartGamer of Zeldathon fame did where he fell asleep in Clocktower town after being awake 30 hours.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

• Locked thread