Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never played MM, and it's only 10 bucks on the wii-u virtual console... hmm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the best zelda game evar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mm is a god tier zelda game, it';s 10 bux on wii+wiiu and ive seen the 3ds port go on sale before, for the love of god play it

also, 3ds port: dont believe autistic games people its good and the tweaks it made are very welcome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve never played MM but I think I’ll try the 3DS version once I beat OoT. I spent like 4 hours playing it today.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

It's the best zelda game evar

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

extremebuff posted:

mm is a god tier zelda game, it';s 10 bux on wii+wiiu and ive seen the 3ds port go on sale before, for the love of god play it

also, 3ds port: dont believe autistic games people its good and the tweaks it made are very welcome

If you never played it before the 3ds port is great and has a bunch of qol stuff but some aspects of the original are far better. Zora swimming is a lot more satisfying in particular.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's cool how I haven't played OoT in probably over 10 years but so many secrets and optional stuff came back to me. And a lot of the little tricks you can do to like get heart pieces early and stuff like that still work in the 3DS version

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
This thread is a big mood!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have to confess: I’ve never played more than a few minutes of MM. Just thinking about the time mechanic stresses me out

I always hated being timed in games and this really stressed me out. I never beat the game :(

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't believe nintendo made a zelda game where they expect you to beat it in 60 real time minutes. the intro is longer than that before you even get out of the village and its game over. what in the actual gently caress nintendo?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Majoras Mask defeater of nervous coward children

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSdsWEi2Hho&t=42s

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
majora's mask is great. i like how the weird mask man has really choppy cutscenes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also apart from the idea of masks, reliving the same day, and things being creepy, i know almost nothing about this game. it's awesome to be able to go into it fresh.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The MM splash screen intro is cool as gently caress. The calm town music gradually getting more sinister and then the skull kid music hits...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also i'd seen memes about the title cards before, but they really loving own

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

there's a lot of weirdos that don't like majora's mask but it's, the best one

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i remember when i was in the forest temple and the hand grabbed me and it scared me so much i turned off the n64 and ran out of the room

it was p shameful but gently caress that, that hand was scary

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

i remember when i was in the forest temple and the hand grabbed me and it scared me so much i turned off the n64 and ran out of the room

it was p shameful but gently caress that, that hand was scary

Wallmasters are terrifying in any Zelda game honestly. I beat the forest and fire temples last night, Volvagia gave me more trouble than I remembered

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have a lot of problems with twilight princess but the cinematics in it were loving awesome, overall the game is presented extremely well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically every boss fight from arbiters keep onward is highly badass. if the beginning of the game were three hours shorter and the stupid wiimote airplane bits werent in the game would be 1000x better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I mentioned this before but my friend in grade school was so deathly afraid of redeads that whenever he reached a part of the game with one in it he brought the cart to school and asked me to get past it for him.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wallmasters are terrifying in any Zelda game honestly. I beat the forest and fire temples last night, Volvagia gave me more trouble than I remembered

lmfao remember when the fire temple had islamic call to prayer mixed in with the music? . .wow....gamer controversies of time's past. . .

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I think I mentioned this before but my friend in grade school was so deathly afraid of redeads that whenever he reached a part of the game with one in it he brought the cart to school and asked me to get past it for him.

Lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

that's shameful

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did he just quit playing entirely when you go to the future and have to keep going through the town full of ReDeads

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did he just quit playing entirely when you go to the future and have to keep going through the town full of ReDeads

he's never beaten the game. it still haunts him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao. i was that kid. it didnt help that they made them even loving scarier in windwaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEUOV_ODo_0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

e3 wish: release windwaker+twilight princess HD in a bundle for switch ill pay 50 for it nintendo. i know you read this forum. you made majoras mask 3d happen lets do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I really hated having to go to Hyrule Castle cuz of those.

• Locked thread