Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I really hated having to go to Hyrule Castle cuz of those.

At least when you're Adult Link they don't freeze you in place with their scream anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
tbf i used to get creeped out by the water temple too, the idea of a temple underwater and you're underwater and somehow your magic blue tunic is keeping you alive is just too weird

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At least when you're Adult Link they don't freeze you in place with their scream anymore

Is this true? I swear I've been frozen by them leaving the temple of time as an adult

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

thats only in hyrule town, they still freeze you anywhere else

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

basically every boss fight from arbiters keep onward is highly badass. if the beginning of the game were three hours shorter and the stupid wiimote airplane bits werent in the game would be 1000x better

i think youre getting tp and skyward mixed up but TP also has a stupid 4 hour intro

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

thats only in hyrule town, they still freeze you anywhere else

Really? I guess I'm misremembering since this is my first playthrough in forever

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i think youre getting tp and skyward mixed up but TP also has a stupid 4 hour intro

I barely remember skyward sword. It was pretty bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

nah theres that god awful glider section on th way to lake hylia in TP that cant be controlled with an analog stick and sucks eggs. then they took the whole concept and made a game around it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

nah theres that god awful glider section on th way to lake hylia in TP that cant be controlled with an analog stick and sucks eggs. then they took the whole concept and made a game around it

It can... on Gamecube :getin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

that part is like 3 minutes long but yeah its kind of lame

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Flailing my Wiimote+ up and down to make that stupid looking bird flap its wings

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The clock town music on the third day is incredible, it's so unsettling. I never really gave MM a fair shake since I was like 8 when it came out but it's cool so far

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

genuinely happy people are picking it up because of this thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's incredible that the zelda team was told "hey, you have 1 year to make a new zelda game thats completely fresh, just reuse some assets from oot" and they loving delivered

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

the whole "I recognize this from OoT but it's all hosed up and weird now" aesthetic is fantastic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

About to embark on the Biggoron Sword quest

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

About to embark on the Biggoron Sword quest

get this: biggoron -> big goron

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Oh my god

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

Jesus Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no jobs, no hope, no cash, the GameCube isn’t a cube and Skulltula is pronounced skull-chew-la

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no jobs, no hope, no cash, the GameCube isn’t a cube and Skulltula is pronounced skull-chew-la

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

the hell it is

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

His brother Medigoron (medium goron) spending 7 years making a sword and charging you 200 rupees only for it to instantly break is one of the greatest jokes in gaming history.

Though 11 year old me didn't find it very funny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I always hated being timed in games and this really stressed me out. I never beat the game :(

You little poofs need your asses kicked.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the majora's mask commercial was also some hosed up poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

edit: this one too lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQMD4XudxoE

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 7, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I think I mentioned this before but my friend in grade school was so deathly afraid of redeads that whenever he reached a part of the game with one in it he brought the cart to school and asked me to get past it for him.

I gave my friend in college $20 to drive drunk to my apartment at 3AM and beat the button mashing torture escape part of Peace Walker for me. I'm incapable of doing those parts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

I gave my friend in college $20 to drive drunk to my apartment at 3AM and beat the button mashing torture escape part of Peace Walker for me. I'm incapable of doing those parts

Friends don’t let friends drive drunk. User loses posting privileges for 6000000 years.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

elf help book posted:

i feel like the time somebody pointed out the arrow on the fed ex trucks..

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I was never able to figure out the last part of the wedding mask quest where you have someone blow up the big boulder or whatever even when following a guide so I just assumed my game was hosed. I ended up beating it by figuring out how to glitch through the boulder using the bunny mask at the right time of night.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think when I'm done with Morrowind I'm gonna play OOT again and then MM for the first time. I might do randomizer OOT if I'm not to lazy to set it up. Or I might play Dragon's Doge.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I should go back to Demon Soul and MGS.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i downloaded an lttp randomizer and realized even though ive beaten it tons of times ive never gotten 20 hearts and dont know where half the secret chests are so I got stuck fast lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

the majora's mask commercial was also some hosed up poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

This is sick

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i was looking thru a collection of japanese n64 commercials a couple of weeks ago and majora's mask's tagline in japan was literally "this zelda is scary"

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Been thinking about the first 60 seconds of this video every few days ever since this thread was posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0B5xY95LbQ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They cared so much about making these games. It's epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The cutscene where Link tests the bridge that forms to Ganon's castle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When you watch em it's like they did so much with what they had and now people get all the expressive potential for free and they still can't make anything as awesome as a 1990s zelda cutscene out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkKkTcw9_A&t=165s Timestamped 2:45.

• Locked thread