Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Troy Queef posted:

never forget: they picked Witsel and Januzaj over Radja Nainggolan for this WC, and Big Raj was correct in his decision to retire from international football as a result

Brony Car posted:

Roberto Martinez won a FA Cup and knows more about football than anyone else.

Anyway, Belgium - Egypt just started. Let's see how we do!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
As a citizen of fail rear end Northern neighbours The Netherlands I'll be hopping on the Belge bandwagon this summer. The lead up to this tournament is a promising combination of potential and failure that leads me to believe that my new adopted team will stumble at the big hurdles just as my regular team would.

Don't let me down, Belgium!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There's a friendly vs Costa Rica on right now. We're playing really good, cool and beautiful attacking football. We already made an error in defense though, it's 2-1 at halftime.
Hazard and Mertens are looking great, bring on the world cup!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

We were looking really bad in defense, Oviedo was being killed on the left side. Keylor had some sick saves though and Bryan's goal was pretty nice.

Should be 3-1 because the disallowed goal wasn't offside. As I said in the other thread, wouldn't be bad if you guys destroy us today so the team don't go to Russia overconfident.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Simone Poodoin posted:

We were looking really bad in defense, Oviedo was being killed on the left side. Keylor had some sick saves though and Bryan's goal was pretty nice.

:agreed:

3-1 now, Lukaku is hungry.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
4-1:woop:
Why don't they always play like this, god drat

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

You guys look scary, hopefully you can keep it going at the WC.

Us on the other hand, Brazil gonna gently caress us up.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

B E L G U M

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is Kompany unkrocked?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Imagine if all it took for Belgium to be good was for Noted Successful Manager Roberto Martinez to come in and also drop Nainggolan.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Kompany unkrocked?

I guess? He didn't play last night but he said he'll be fit before the first match. And that's against Panama, so we don't really need him. I think it will be officially decided on Friday?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
amai, wat een schoon matchke ze

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Very excited to see how Belgium perform, some 3 of my favorite players on this squad.

It would be nice to finally see them gel in a big meaningful international tourney!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ciman is back home. That means Martinez and the staff think that Vermalen and Kompany will get fit in time. They'll both miss the first match though, but seeing as that's only against Panama it shouldn't matter.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
I think the team did pretty well. It didn't go as smooth as everybody expected and we played much better vs Costa Rica, but it's still a solid 3-0.

I mean:
- Panama seems like a really lovely opponent, making tons of fouls and stopping play all the time.
- Lukaku is on fire for the national football team currently, he finished the only chances he got and made some nice plays otherwise.
- We didn't give away that many chances and were quite patient.
- Boyata was pretty decent, especially in the air.

The only really negative part were the stupid yellow cards. Considering what happened at the European Cup two years ago I'm really afraid of us having to do some elimination match without Vertonghen, Meunier and/or De Bruyne.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

my fellow blegums was i having a stroke or did witsel actually give passes that helped an attack

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
amai, jullie worden gewoon wereldkampioeneke ze!!!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
flemish is such an ugly-sounding language but blegum played some gorgeous football today

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

curried lamb of God posted:

flemish is such an ugly-sounding language but blegum played some gorgeous football today

Flemish is actually the Good Dutch op

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

Flemish is actually the Good Dutch op

Ah, the more solid diarrhea of languages.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

belgend posted:

my fellow blegums was i having a stroke or did witsel actually give passes that helped an attack

I saw him play multiple forward passes and also a 1-2 give and go, Roberto Martinez's shiny head must have inspired him.

Also Lukaku is the first player since Maradona to score back-to-back World Cup braces.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Ah, the more solid diarrhea of languages.

We need a comparison test between Dutch, Flemish and Afrikaans to see which is most unbearable

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Troy Queef posted:

We need a comparison test between Dutch, Flemish and Afrikaans to see which is most unbearable

Can we add West-Vlaams? Just to see how much superior my local dialect is to the lesser tongues.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Troy Queef posted:

"Dutch", Flemish and Afrikaans are all dialects of Dutch op. And Flemish is the best because it doesn't have the harsh sounds you would normally associate with Dutch, and it has a nice melodic quality to it too boot.

btw, this is also true of other Dutch varieties of the south.

West Flemish is cool because they don't have a g sound at all, it is replaced by h. The only problem is that it's incomprehensible to everyone including themselves.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

nimby posted:

Can we add West-Vlaams? Just to see how much superior my local dialect is to the lesser tongues.

West-Vlaams is not a language, it's a speech impediment

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oliwan posted:

West Flemish is cool because they don't have a g sound at all, it is replaced by h. The only problem is that it's incomprehensible to everyone including themselves.

I worked with a man called Geert (that was the name of the man) and only realised this on his last day....

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Phlegmish

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Shrapnig posted:

Phlegmish
:aaaaa:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
All the proper belgians speak French anyhow

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/CouckeMarc/status/1012433130215690240

it's coming home

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

moules frites

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mbatshuayi/status/1012664958801227776

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/CheapPanini/status/1012428351766695941

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Incredible.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

julian assflange posted:

I worked with a man called Geert

Chris Froome is a goon?

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

It's coming home

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Well, they did something

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

big belgium crushing the hearts of the noble japanese. i hope you're happy with yourselves

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

big belgium crushing the hearts of the noble japanese. i hope you're happy with yourselves

extremely happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

extremely happy

:agreed:

• Locked thread