Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
That run of Lukaku will be used as training material for years to come. That was a brilliant run and a great counter attack.

Overall I thought the Belges didn't play that badly in the first half. But suddenly one player makes one mistake, they score a goal and suddenly the Belges were all nerves. There were so many bad passes following the 0-2, it's a big worry and reminded me of the match against Wales. Luckily it improved, and in my opinion we did deserve the win because of the number of chances we created.

Brazil - Belgium will be very interesting. Belgium should certainly be able to create chances, certainly on the counter attack. But obviously they're the underdogs now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004

Grillfiend posted:

loving Chadli and Witsel over Origi and Nainngolan ffs

This post aged well considering last nights game. :allears:

Anyway, Brazil will be probably be too though and not play as fair as the Japanese.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think yesterday was enough of a wakeup call that the 3-4-3 or whatever the hell formation that was isn't working well. Imagine if Stupid Punk Bitch Neymar was running amok instead of some Japanese guy.

They need to run 4 at the back but...they forgot to bring a proper left back. Also they need 3 in the midfield with KDB more advanced. If only there were a hard working, experienced, and versatile central midfielder available to do the engine room work, can anyone think of anyone who fits that description? Surely he'd be on the team if such a man exists.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

bewbies posted:

I think yesterday was enough of a wakeup call that the 3-4-3 or whatever the hell formation that was isn't working well. Imagine if Stupid Punk Bitch Neymar was running amok instead of some Japanese guy.

They need to run 4 at the back but...they forgot to bring a proper left back. Also they need 3 in the midfield with KDB more advanced. If only there were a hard working, experienced, and versatile central midfielder available to do the engine room work, can anyone think of anyone who fits that description? Surely he'd be on the team if such a man exists.

Meh, this team is still playing better than under Wilmots. That said, replacing Mertens with an extra midfielder does make some sense against Brasil.

Dembélé, Witsel and Fellaini are all three obviously better than Radja. If Belgium lose to Brasil it won't be because Nainggolan was not selected.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

As another Blegum I approve of winning the World Cup.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's cool that the Jazz Man has scored as many World Cup goals as Wayne Rooney.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Shrapnig posted:

It's cool that the Jazz Man has scored as many World Cup goals as Wayne Rooney.

He was on double Rooney wages for a reason op

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

ZWART GEEL ROOD
BRAZILIË GAAT DOOD

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

:hmmyes:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Fagner is what now for Brazil?
Well, apart from Fagner

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Alexeythegreat posted:

Fagner is what now for Brazil?
Well, apart from Fagner

the weak link

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

the weak link

blasphemous slander

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Martinez will stay with 3 defenders. Fellaini and Chadli will start out tonight in the base team.

Tonights' winner will win the cup.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ik ben voor het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden, dus hup België!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Hup hup

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Versla die kut Brazilianen alsjeblieft Belgen. Bedankt alvast!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Graag gedaan op voorhand!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Bedankt jongens!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Komt het naar huis?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
these bleguim lads are pretty good it seems

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Hello Belchums, in the unlikely event that It does not Come Home, please keep It safe for us, thx xoxo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Tkomt home!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

Martinez will stay with 3 defenders. Fellaini and Chadli will start out tonight in the base team.

Tonights' winner will win the cup.

Also, I'm quoting myself

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

nimby posted:

Komt het naar huis?

Het komt naar huis

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ja allo seg

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
gently caress Brasil! Yay!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

We are Jupiler

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Man, this was a really cool match. I thought Belgium played extremely well in the first half and were a bit foolish in the second half. Still, nice win, well played. Brazil got more chances, but we countered very well.

I think Martines deserves some credit as well. The 4-3-3 with De Bruyne, Lukaku and Chadli on unusual positions really surpised me (and apparantly Brasil as well), but it did the job perfectly. Only thing I don't understand at all is bringing in Tielemans when he could have used Dembele. But who cares?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I lived in Belge for year when I was a kid and it’s a top top country. Happy for you guys.

Play like that and France will be 2 easy, as a wise man once said.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
My wife is French and I'm Belgian.

Next week is going to be interesting

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm extremely happy. We defended too much in the second half, but we won in the end, so who cares? We can totally beat France, and if we do, we're in the loving ginzl
Aaaaaaahhh

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

shut up blegum posted:

I'm extremely happy. We defended too much in the second half, but we won in the end, so who cares? We can totally beat France, and if we do, we're in the loving ginzl
Aaaaaaahhh

Ah yes the ginzl. Love it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Blegum Ginzl 2018

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Gigi Galli posted:

Blegum Ginzl 2018

This 100x

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Blegum Ginzl 2018

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
wanted a belgium win and for neymar to get elbowed in the head

YES

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
After Kevin scored a nearby Belge told his friend “he plays like this every week for his club” and I tapped him on the shoulder and said “gently caress yeah he does” and then went to buy a sausage and I returned and he’d bought me a beer ‘from Kevin’

Thanks Belgium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Thanks Belgium

• Locked thread