Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You Am I posted:

Meanwhile in One Nation trainwreck news:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/01/one-nation-launches-internal-inquiry-into-claims-brian-burston-tried-to-defect

Hanson has expelled Burston, but I can't see Burston leaving the Senate because of that.

Demonstrate your loyalty to me by giving back my seat lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Sky News is breaking that Mark Latham is going to join One Nation.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/joshtaylor/pauline-hansons-one-nation-party-appears-to-be-falling

quote:

Burston said it would make him the 24th out of 30 elected One Nation members to leave the party before the end of their term. The party was founded in 1997.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bahahahahah

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Sky News is breaking that Mark Latham is going to join One Nation.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Still the greatest one nation moment:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

Meanwhile in One Nation trainwreck news:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jun/01/one-nation-launches-internal-inquiry-into-claims-brian-burston-tried-to-defect

Hanson has expelled Burston, but I can't see Burston leaving the Senate because of that.

"One Nation Launches Internal Inquiry"

So, Pauline, Ashby, a card table and their two remaining ministers?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/jimjefferies/status/1002294202753941504?s=21

:australia:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So this is a disturbing read but there's Buckley's chance politicians will be adult about this and do something tangible:

quote:

[Labor Senator Debra] O’Neill said there had been many confidential submissions to the inquiry and that stories about wage theft were common. Guardian Australia reported last month that many franchisees were afraid to speak publicly because of concern that doing so would violate agreements that were heavily weighted in favour of brand owners.

“We’re in a situation where across the country people are independently putting forward evidence to the committee where they’re too frightened to have their name put to it,” O’Neill said.

“But there’s a consistency of storytelling here. They’ve been sold a business model that too often depends on wage theft to make a sustainable business.

“There’s a chilling similarity in the stories. That’s why they have such credibility. They’re doing it confidentially for fear of retribution.”

Virtually Ponzi schemes. Franchisees have been copping it for wage theft for years before the 7-11 story broke. Up my way one of the Hungry Jacks places was done for 140k in backpay and fines in 2012 for exactly this reason and the ABC article states "The franchise director argued he had been given the wrong advice about pay rates and entitlements.", about which there is more detail here where the owner directly blamed head office about wage rates. The company still runs it today but there's been management changes.

Seems to be an epidemic in Bendigo, this prosecution from 2015, a popular Indian restaurant in the city.

A story from 2011 on HJ's in Tasmania underpaying by a whopping 660k.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Konomex posted:

Awww drat it, I really liked his music. Can we deport him back to South Africa for hate speech?

Dreaming of blood on a piLe of gnawed bones somewhere, Dutton jerks awake with a yelp and doesn't know why

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

AgentF
May 11, 2009

quote:

“I thought I joined One Nation as a democractic political party, not a dictatorship."

Hahaha, why?!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Hey Pauline, I've got some super bad news about how the Australian Senate works...

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
mum was having her hair cut the other day and this old white south african lady refuses a scalp massage and then goes "i hate people massaging my scalp because when i was a child, uneducated people on the street used to pull my hair". then she pauses, looks around, and obviously worried that they won't get it adds "black people, you know."

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Did anyone post her actual letter to him because lmfao

https://twitter.com/David_Speers/status/1002426012557168640?s=19

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Melbourne and Sydney house prices are finally going down. Shouldn't it be going down faster, considering all the investors will know they're about to lose their money? Or have we just started the roller-coaster?

Does it have to wait till the loans that were interest only get called in?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

PHON's current situation: (skip to 1:02)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Comstar posted:

Melbourne and Sydney house prices are finally going down. Shouldn't it be going down faster, considering all the investors will know they're about to lose their money? Or have we just started the roller-coaster?

Does it have to wait till the loans that were interest only get called in?

Now is the time to buy the dip.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

this broken hill posted:

mum was having her hair cut the other day and this old white south african lady refuses a scalp massage and then goes "i hate people massaging my scalp because when i was a child, uneducated people on the street used to pull my hair". then she pauses, looks around, and obviously worried that they won't get it adds "black people, you know."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYOIbXJTVIc

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Zenithe posted:

Now is the time to buy the dip.

Don't forget the popcorn either

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

GoldStandardConure posted:

what if we create an enforced breeding system to create a better kind if troll? one that requires less food?

You rang?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

less food

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hambeet appears out of a dumpster with a half eaten hamburger in hand

Kept you waiting huhuhuhuh?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Labor National Conference has been moved to Adelaide, 16th-18th December.

Maybe I should go along as an observer and maybe try go change... them.. from within?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Maybe I should go along as an observer and maybe try go change... them.. from within?

don’t waste your time

I mean that in the sense that conferences are boring but also applicable to the change form tithin part

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

don’t waste your time

I mean that in the sense that conferences are boring but also applicable to the change form tithin part

Tithin! Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaange form!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

now gently caress IWC, the state commands it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
AUSTRALIA’S first lady of racing Gai Waterhouse has taken a swipe at young Aussies shirk hard yakka for a sleep-in, saying she can’t get them to work for her.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
No one wants to torture horses for a living.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

AUSTRALIA’S first lady of racing Gai Waterhouse has taken a swipe at young Aussies shirk hard yakka for a sleep-in, saying she can’t get them to work for her.

As if she has ever had to do a day's hard work.

"Horsey go fast or off to the glue factory for you"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

As if she has ever had to do a day's hard work.

"Horsey go fast or off to the glue factory for you"

Also her husband got banned for scamming people with horse substitutions, soooooooooo... probably also crimes.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

hooman posted:

Also her husband got banned for scamming people with horse substitutions, soooooooooo... probably also crimes.
Yeah, her family are crooked as all hell. Although, the entire horse racing industry is too, so kill all horse trainers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

fake news

no one goes to adelaide on purpose

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

change from within sorta reminds me of something

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I was watching ABC news earlier today and they had this guy on talking about the minimum wage increase and he said that the FWC rejected the calls for a living wage because it was too much of an increase and it would put too much pressure on employers which could put the jobs of low income earners at risk. I literally did a double-take when I heard that because it's beyond idiotic. Did I maybe hallucinate for a bit?

Edit: nope I didn't imagine it https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-the-fwc-said-about-the-minimum-wage

FWC posted:

"An increase of the magnitude they propose would always carry a substantial risk of reducing the employment opportunities for low-skilled workers, including many young persons looking for work."

I really don't understand this. Like do they think employers will just simply not hire anyone?

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 1, 2018

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

cheese-cube posted:

I was watching ABC news earlier today and they had this guy on talking about the minimum wage increase and he said that the FWC rejected the calls for a living wage because it was too much of an increase and it would put too much pressure on employers which could put the jobs of low income earners at risk. I literally did a double-take when I heard that because it's beyond idiotic. Did I maybe hallucinate for a bit?

sounds pretty capitalism.txt

wheres the surprise?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/germaine-greer-most-rape-is-just-bad-sex

loving germaine

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The labour market is a market. If you can’t get someone to work for you, you need to offer more money.

Oh no, it must be the fault of the millenials!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh, it looks like someone is suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome.