Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

GoldStandardConure posted:

he writes a lot more normally on his website

http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/

That seems extremely not normal writing

E: I'm down with this dude and his beliefs and reading more he does good work but by god that essay up top, criminal writing

People emulating Zizek's essay style are usually not strange ex-Bosnian soldiers who were Lacan students with mental tics and an empathy for nationalism. Which is good, but pick a less weird voice to try speak with

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgIz49hbjto

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Are we the only remaining country to entertain this person

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We are historically the place right wing dipshits laughed out of the UK and US fail into for sweet think tank grants

This bitch'll have to do some impressive work though, he got like... two dozen guys excited about hating feminism and immigrants last time, no one payed attention when Lion boy invited him to speak at parliament house and even Kochie admitted he sucked after having him on

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 29, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If you're a racist English speaking white guy, there's only the US, Canada and Britain.

If you fail in all of them, you're relegated to the arsehole of the Western world - Australia.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The point of the outrage where he was banished from the rest of the media was weird

Dude loudly advocated for white kids to hunt out immigrant kids in their communities, confront trans kids about their bodies and direct a call to attack Leslie Jones as a "friend of the family" on twitter because of Ghostbusters

Why wasn't any of this and the community defending itself from it enough? Dude's unequivocally gotta say children are the predators in pedophilic relationships to be deemed a fuckin' freak? Low. Bar.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Australian Right borrows too much from the rest of the Anglosphere and the Left borrows too little.

The Peccadillo posted:

The point of the outrage where he was banished from the rest of the media was weird

Dude loudly advocated for white kids to hunt out immigrant kids in their communities, confront trans kids about their bodies and direct a call to attack Leslie Jones as a "friend of the family" on twitter because of Ghostbusters

Why wasn't any of this and the community defending itself from it enough? Dude's unequivocally gotta say children are the predators in pedophilic relationships to be deemed a fuckin' freak? Low. Bar.

Because the people who pushed the pedo poo poo to the limelight were hardcore right-wingers who were fine with all of that but didn't like that he was gay.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The pizza gate kid who interned and wrote for Milo who leaked all of his Nazi affiliations to Buzzfeed after Milo defended pedophilia was a wild story too, dude lost his goddamned mind hard after this guy he'd attached himself to in the name of stopping satanic Child Abuse said loving children was a grey area

He just started stabbing his family, accusing them of being pedophiles too, and then Milo removed the guys bylines, and to this day insists he never existed

E: his dad died, there's screamy 911 calls available for some hosed up reason

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 29, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Milo's not a sufferable Nazi like Pauline

Dude's hosed

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Australian Right borrows too much from the rest of the Anglosphere and the Left borrows too little

We really don't appreciate what the exclusion of the u in the Labor party means

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Amazing.

Man strangles checkout staff over plastic bag ban.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So Western Power decided to proceed with a full day scheduled outage in my area today, even though it's currently 8c outside and the median age for our suburb is about 60. I'm actually concerned they're going to kill someone.

I'm all for killing Olds, but these are poor safe Labor industrial seat Olds. Seems a shame tbh.

Hopefully they all have wood fires and poo poo.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
"It's not happening", cries real estate institute staffer, as red plunging graphs and the faces of disappointed vendors flash on screens behind them.

Are they meant to be independent? I feel like they're sought for comment instead of economists on the slight possibility they won't say whatever is needed to benefit agents. But journalism is also hosed.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-30/outcry-over-removal-of-word-aboriginal-from-certificates/9920794

quote:

The decision by a West Australian bureaucrat to redact the word "Aboriginal" from official documents has created an outcry among archivists, genealogists and historians across Australia.
WA is the only jurisdiction in Australia to deem the word Aboriginal offensive and remove it from historical birth, death and marriage certificates.
The practice only came to light last month after keen family historian Garry Smith told the ABC about the word Aboriginal being whited out from his great-grandmother's death certificate.
He was told by the WA Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages the word had been redacted because it was an offensive term.
whited out huh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

G-Spot Run posted:

"It's not happening", cries real estate institute staffer, as red plunging graphs and the faces of disappointed vendors flash on screens behind them.

Are they meant to be independent? I feel like they're sought for comment instead of economists on the slight possibility they won't say whatever is needed to benefit agents. But journalism is also hosed.

My friends dad used to be the head for one of the state REI’s and he was the most hardcore “Liberals save money, Labor spends money” fanatic, to the point where my friend, a lesbian single mother, is a lifelong Liberal voter from listening to that crap all her life.

So what I’m saying is, gently caress no they aren’t impartial.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Got hit up by robodebt yesterday. Despite not having been on Austudy since mid-2016.

They kindly sent me a text message after phone lines had shut down for the weekend.

gently caress Centrelink. And gently caress this robodebt bullshit. I have the means and evidence to easily fight this off, but I can certainly see how it would push people over the edge.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

quote:

“A male customer in the self-serve area swore loudly at a female worker,” Mr Harris said. “She provided him with some complimentary bags and apologised.

“He made a mistake by scanning an item twice, the worker came to help him remove it and he walked up behind her and put his hands around her throat.”
this is my surprised face

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Blaming the plastic bag ban for men being shitlord man children. An excellent vintage.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

Got hit up by robodebt yesterday. Despite not having been on Austudy since mid-2016.

They kindly sent me a text message after phone lines had shut down for the weekend.

gently caress Centrelink. And gently caress this robodebt bullshit. I have the means and evidence to easily fight this off, but I can certainly see how it would push people over the edge.

I got them to reduce mine but they refused to wipe it out completely despite having digital copies of all my payslips etc. I sent them to show my reporting was accurate, I just gave in and paid threst to save myself the stress and effort, only a couple of hundred in which isn't much to me at the moment but could still gently caress some people hard.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
You can bet the chinless knobs in the government are looking at the people who say 'gently caress it' and pay the reduced debt whether it's legit or not are bellowing YOU SEE THERE WERE LEGITIMATE DEBTS TO BE PAYED LABAH WASTE

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
In fact, contact your local member and tell them to do a ministerial on your case. Fuckers.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the throat grab was my stepfather's favourite move and the best thing about it is that people go "oh but he wasn't actually choking you was he? you could still breathe? no big deal" because they've never had it done to them and don't realise that someone grabbing you by the throat actually sets off your "i'm going to die" instinct regardless of whether or not your windpipe is actually cut off

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

G-Spot Run posted:

Blaming the plastic bag ban for men being shitlord man children.

quote:

Another customer left all their shopping, told us we are useless, and walked out

:discourse:

e. Coles stop giving away freebies tomorrow. I'm safely behind a counter and cannot wait to drink manbaby tears.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 30, 2018

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

avshalemon posted:

the throat grab was my stepfather's favourite move and the best thing about it is that people go "oh but he wasn't actually choking you was he? you could still breathe? no big deal" because they've never had it done to them and don't realise that someone grabbing you by the throat actually sets off your "i'm going to die" instinct regardless of whether or not your windpipe is actually cut off

Actually kill all men. I will lead us all into the rocket that fires into the sun and close the door behind me. There might be some good ones who get swept up with the rest of the trash but I'm sure they'll understand and agree it's for the best.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I will never forget the time a big 45 year old man at McDonald's screamed murderously at the female teenager who didn't understand that him saying "just the burger, just the BURGER" more and more angrily meant don't put it in the little box.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

VodeAndreas posted:

I got them to reduce mine but they refused to wipe it out completely despite having digital copies of all my payslips etc. I sent them to show my reporting was accurate, I just gave in and paid threst to save myself the stress and effort, only a couple of hundred in which isn't much to me at the moment but could still gently caress some people hard.

Yeah that’s probably exactly the same thing I’ll end up doing.

Starshark posted:

In fact, contact your local member and tell them to do a ministerial on your case. Fuckers.

And I’ve got a few weeks off work, and lots of time on my hands so I’ll hit up my local federal MP and senator. Good idea.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is the strangle man going to court?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

Family court. Where he will complain about not seeing his children that he’s a terrible father to before verbally abusing every woman in the room and then going to a UPF rally.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The ANU claim that the Ramsay donation of $2 million sought to undermine the university's academic freedom. The Ramsay Centre denies this, and says its documents make clear it would not have vetoed the ANU's right to appoint staff or set the curriculum. This was unwise, in my view, given the ANU's seeming disdain of Western civilisation and the high likelihood that the money would have been hijacked by the Left to do the exact opposite of the donor's intention.

In fact, check some of the Western civilisation courses the ANU teaches right now - and which the ANU claims are a sign of its commitment. Some examples:

Human Variation and racism in Western Culture

Human Rights in History.

Sexuality in Australian History

Real Men : Masculinities in Western History.

Global Citizen , Culture Development and Inequality ( school of Archaeology and Anthropology)

Strange Home : Rethinking Australian Literature.

Language Power and Identity

To be fair, far from all those 150 or so courses are hostile to Western civilisation, or more concerned with victimhood or identity politics.

(Thanks to reader Denise.)

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Human Rights in History? gently caress that sounds a bit suss.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

snoremac posted:

The ANU claim that the Ramsay donation of $2 million sought to undermine the university's academic freedom. The Ramsay Centre denies this, and says its documents make clear it would not have vetoed the ANU's right to appoint staff or set the curriculum. This was unwise, in my view, given the ANU's seeming disdain of Western civilisation and the high likelihood that the money would have been hijacked by the Left to do the exact opposite of the donor's intention.

In fact, check some of the Western civilisation courses the ANU teaches right now - and which the ANU claims are a sign of its commitment. Some examples:

Human Variation and racism in Western Culture

Human Rights in History.

Sexuality in Australian History

Global Citizen , Culture Development and Inequality ( school of Archaeology and Anthropology)

Strange Home : Rethinking Australian Literature.

Language Power and Identity

To be fair, far from all those 150 or so courses are hostile to Western civilisation, or more concerned with victimhood or identity politics.

(Thanks to reader Denise.)

quote:

Niall Ferguson, one of the great contemporary historians,

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

quote:

Niall Ferguson
According to the wiki, the author of the surely unbiased Civilization: The West and the Rest.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

snoremac posted:

This ain't your grandma's gender studies course :cool:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Think about it. With the stroke of a pen, the Senate could ban single-use condoms. How many whales porpoises dolphins and turtles would be saved from that cruel fate. But there is another upside, to coin a phrase: the same ban would spoil the friendly intercourse that unites the members of most political parties at their conventions, especially those left-wing cathedrals of morality, the Greens and the ALP.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Why has nobody pointed out to these fuckwhittles that the only reason reusable bags might be unhygienic is because customers are disgusting pigs?

Rotten fruit and cockroaches in the bags? How did they get there, then? It wasn't during the few minutes the checkout chick was touching them, was it?

JBP posted:

People don't go to court for attacking retail workers.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Think about it. With the stroke of a pen, the Senate could ban single-use condoms. How many whales porpoises dolphins and turtles would be saved from that cruel fate. But there is another upside, to coin a phrase: the same ban would spoil the friendly intercourse that unites the members of most political parties at their conventions, especially those left-wing cathedrals of morality, the Greens and the ALP.

Make condoms useless, castrate everyone

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I love how Conservatives talk about personal responsibility yet it doesn't extend to bringing your own bag to the shops without dead vermin in it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

We’re pretty lucky that our reactionary equivalent to American gun culture is about plastic bags.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mad Katter posted:

I love how Conservatives talk about personal responsibility yet it doesn't extend to bringing your own bag to the shops without dead vermin in it.

Government support for me, personal responsibility for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dude McAwesome posted:

Family court. Where he will complain about not seeing his children that he’s a terrible father to before verbally abusing every woman in the room and then going to a UPF rally.

Is he allowed to cross-examine her?