Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fsif posted:

If I'm the Bucs I move on from Winston. I mean, I would have never selected him in the first place, but from a vile, detached, calculated, bottom-line perspective, his level of talent is not nearly enough to make up for the PR hits they constantly take for the horrible things he does.

What? That's not even close to true. A young even average QB is worth way more for the bottom line than any PR hits Winston has caused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
It was negotiated. Jameis gets three games, agrees to not appeal or go to court.

Edit: also a good idea by Winston, his salary is only 700k this year where as next year it balloons. Better to lose 3 checks at a lower rate than appeal, delay, sue and end up getting docked 6 at a couple million each.

swickles fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 28, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
They picked up his fifth year option already, right? Which would be through the 2019 season I believe. So yeah it'll really be after that season when the decisions is made imo and this season he better show some improvement and not get in trouble again. If the team fails miserably both him and Koetter might be ditched eventually. I mean, right now I would say that unless you got a really favorable contract it might not be worth paying Winston after his cheaper rookie contract. If he can't keep out of trouble and he can't win, he's not worth it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Winston isn't even that good

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

swickles posted:

It was negotiated. Jameis gets three games, agrees to not appeal or go to court.

Edit: also a good idea by Winston, his salary is only 700k this year where as next year it balloons. Better to lose 3 checks at a lower rate than appeal, delay, sue and end up getting docked 6 at a couple million each.

I thought I read he was planning on appealing...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think he's pretty good. If I remember right, Tampa took the Seattle approach to the offensive line. Just a trash dude outside of football, that's all!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
How is his salary only $700k? I thought #1 picks still got pretty decent sized contracts, was his just super front loaded?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
From what little I've seen of Jameis he's just a poor decision-maker on the field (and off of it as well obviously)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diqnol posted:

I think he's pretty good. If I remember right, Tampa took the Seattle approach to the offensive line. Just a trash dude outside of football, that's all!

The Bucs actually have invested in OL but the results have been lackluster. Bucs haven't had any sort of running game in the past 2 seasons. Please be good Ronald Jones.

weird Asian candy posted:

I thought I read he was planning on appealing...

Nope. The appeal was the negotiation of 3 games instead of 6, basically.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

piss tape israel posted:

From what little I've seen of Jameis he's just a poor decision-maker on the field (and off of it as well obviously)

Strong post/avatar synergy here.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Nope. The appeal was the negotiation of 3 games instead of 6, basically.

Ahh, Rap tweeted earlier he was appealing but now Shefty is saying nope so it is done.

Also this would be something...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1012401063805292545

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

iospace posted:

Strong post/avatar synergy here.
I'm changing it once I come up with an idea lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Also Jameis has been alright. He isn't a world beater, but he is young and good enough that the Bucs would be pretty dumb to move on from him at this point.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Inspector 34 posted:

How is his salary only $700k? I thought #1 picks still got pretty decent sized contracts, was his just super front loaded?

Base salary. His cap # is like $7m this year due to signing/roster bonuses.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

idk why, but he's structured with a low base salary and a shitload of bonuses. Presumably it helps them with cap shenanigans somehow?

https://overthecap.com/player/jameis-winston/3849

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Also Jameis has been alright. He isn't a world beater, but he is young and good enough that the Bucs would be pretty dumb to move on from him at this point.

he appeared to be getting better until he got hurt

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Winston could be fine on the right team with the right coaching. He makes some really good throws behind a bad line. Sometimes holds the ball too long and sometimes makes horrible decisions. It's not like the league is drowning in amazing young quarterbacks, and next year's class is supposed to be really bad. He better get his poo poo together though because I totally believe he'll be expelled from the NFL if he pulls something like this again; quitting alcohol if that's actually true is a good start

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Maybe i'm dumb but if he has sold his team how can the NFL fine him? Why would he legally have to pay if he has no part in the NFL any longer? Can they compel him legally to pay whatever their committee deems correct?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ahh, Rap tweeted earlier he was appealing but now Shefty is saying nope so it is done.

finger any more uber drivers against their will and you're GONE buddy

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bows1 posted:

Maybe i'm dumb but if he has sold his team how can the NFL fine him? Why would he legally have to pay if he has no part in the NFL any longer? Can they compel him legally to pay whatever their committee deems correct?

Probably withholding money he's still due or something.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

THREE RAPES AND YOU'RE OUT

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

THREE RAPES AND YOU'RE OUT

Does the uber incident count as a full rape or just half a rape

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

Does the uber incident count as a full rape or just half a rape

In this analogy it's a foul ball so it's a full rape

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Depending on the state/county this took place in, it would possibly be considered “sexual assault” and not “rape.”

:negative:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sourdough posted:

What? That's not even close to true. A young even average QB is worth way more for the bottom line than any PR hits Winston has caused.

I probably overplayed my hand there a bit, mostly because Jameis has inexplicably seemed to skate for his behavior up to this point in his career. Still, it's worth considering what future PR hits you're setting yourself up for with Winston as the face of your franchise.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So did we make fun of Tom Brady for trying to be cool yet?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanschocket2/tom-brady-just-commented-on-a-meme-about-eating-rear end-and-yep

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"eating rear end" is actually boston slang for mouth kissing your son

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tom, you kiss your son on the mouth with that mouth

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I don't believe for a second that tom brady eats rear end

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Have you seen Gisele's rear end his son's mouth?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Play posted:

depends on if giselle has eaten strawberries

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Like any of you goons wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to rim Gisele.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tom, you rim your wife with that mouth

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Play posted:

It’s definitely not TB12 approved

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wait.

Hear me out.

What if…

…Eating rear end is what made Tom Brady the greatest quarterback ever?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Android Apocalypse posted:

Wait.

Hear me out.

What if…

Get on it, Bort. Call up one of the bar skanks you're probably plowing daily.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Wait.

Hear me out.

What if…

If he had to avoid all strawberries....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait.

Hear me out.

What if…

You'd think that'd made Kyle Orton at least like Philip Rivers good.

My god, poor Mrs. Rivers might be too worn out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jay Cutler inhales nicotine from an instagram model's rear end, waits for the magic to happen

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The mental image of Cutler packing a girl’s mouth with tobacco & lighting it, then proceeding to suck the farts out of her rear end is what I needed today.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

You'd think that'd made Kyle Orton at least like Philip Rivers good.

My god, poor Mrs. Rivers might be too worn out.

Philip is a good catholic boy

• Locked thread