Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dante Hall went on the Tonight Show and getting out of his limo a couple is overheard with the woman going who is that? That's Dante Hall he's an NFL player. And she looks at his height and goes I hope he's fast. And her boyfriend says yeah, he is.

X-Factor Human Joystick ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He lived up to his name, no concussions.

He should have been named Danny Glassknees though imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Luck's shoulder was an inside job

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

David Johnson's contract is pennies

Contract Terms: 4 yr(s) / $2,919,373

He's probably sitting around staring at his wrist and wondering what life would be like with another injury.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chase Daniel has a ten million dollar contract.

It's criminal what teams do to running backs. Who helps their team more, Chase Daniel or David loving Beast rear end Johnson

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

The problem isn't directly rookies who overplay their contract (though that is a factor), it's that loading up on cheap contracts and hoping one of them breaks out is a much safer and cheaper move than picking up veterans from FA.

Look at what the Packers did in 2017 with their running backs and what they're doing in 2018 with their wide receivers.

Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill are both 24 years old.

Tyreek has outscored Sammy both his years at least fantasy-wise to give an indication of value.

Sammy's contract is 48 million

Tyreek's is 2.5 million

The draft slot rookie contracts are insane. The logic is, under-perform and get traded but be a former first round pick with ability I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Didn't a Seahawks fan call the Chiefs garbo yesterday?

The Seahawks are done.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ReggieBush/status/1006661696381956098

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hi all I just popped in to tell you that I made some loving easy money betting 100 dollars on Mahomes to surpass his inexplicable 21 TD line in Vegas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Do the pick sixes he's gonna throw count

Nope that would be incredible

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TSBX posted:

June N/V: Andrew Luck Hires Markell Fultz's Uncle To Fix Throwing Motion

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KW, Jr. should blame his behavior on mental illness like Larry Johnson did yesterday.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

burn for your sins, Oakland Raiders

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

well he's got a type

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

C 61 Morse, Mitch 15/2 65 DEVEY, JORDAN W/SF 67 Murray, James CF18 73 Koroma, Tejan CF18

They aren't going to let Cam Irving play center it's just mini camp

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The most pessimistic people in KC, and there are a lot of them, keep trying to find reasons to slow the hype train on Mahomes. So far all we got is "his passes can sail on him if he throws too hard".

Sorry about the last 8 games and the next 8 games. But hey it's another year of the media picking the Chargers to win the AFCW which is basically a holiday at this point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He can dip on my sidelines any time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dolphins players sign contracts on teak benches topside of yacht club decks overlooking actual dolphins apparently.

edit:

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1008827523256463360

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 18, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The NBA is my only hope when football dies and college basketball gets absorbed by the G League.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Killing Tyler Durden is the kind of thing that doesn't show up in a box score.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shameful disrespect for the man who got them to the doorstep. Doug just had to carry them over the threshold.

Give credit for the Eagles' Superbowl win where credit is due.

To Andy Reid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I thought it was due to that guy who climbed the greased pole.

No you're thinking of the guy who ate horse poo poo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haley coaching a rookie QB with an attitude what could go wrong

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You probably should never wish for the best running back trio.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Blount/Ajayi/Clement worked pretty well this year :colbert:

No "trio" that includes Clement is a trio. That's just having three running backs on the roster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In the first auction draft I was in the first guy to get auctioned up was Adrian Peterson and he went for like 60 bucks.

Too bad it was the poo poo Bears version and the entire draft broke down and had to be started over lest that guy quit in a fit of rage. It was pretty hilarious.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mayfield qualifies for that "go back and look at his high school stats and laugh" NFL player.

6,255 passing yards, 67 touchdowns, and eight interceptions in high school. In his first start as a walk on true freshman at Texas Tech he had 43 completions for 413 yards and 4 touchdowns.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 21, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strobe posted:

I liked Baker Mayfield when he was clowning on my precious Wildcats, I started to love him when he planted the flag on Ohio State's field. Officially unironically rooting for the Browns this year.

He told the KU football coach to suck his dick and KU fans agreed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I mean...Case Keenum of all people looked pretty good playing for them. I'd imagine Cousins might have a decent chance of being ok.

I also don't know that the Vikings had what the Chiefs were looking for in an Alex Smith trade, they pretty specifically targeted Kendall Fuller since they were planning on releasing Peters (obligatory what the Christ were you fucks thinking goes here). I think they would have preferred him over, say, Trae Waynes.

Not to mention the Skins paid Alex stupid money® so I think both parties benefited.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've made a lot of hard guarantees that Phillip Rivers' arm is dead so he better not throw for 4500+ yards again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that's something, CBS still sucks though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As I have for some reason watched every episode of Elementary I now know that Jenkins will get cleared of this murder only to have it fall back on him in the last two minutes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Some contractor probably saw a home gym and decided to bust out a quick bench workout and had the bar kill him, my dad has seen something like this

does the home gym have a BJJ mat it would explain a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jay Cutler inhales nicotine from an instagram model's rear end, waits for the magic to happen

• Locked thread