Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do you bleed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

all i remember about that game is jimmy johnson challenging a completely irrelevant play in the first quarter, down like 28 already.

the announcers, completely blown away by everything they were watching, said "whelp I guess why not at this point."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Andrew Lucks dad was just named the commissioner of the new XFL hahaha

SEC style recruiting right there.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Panthers are going to suck this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao 522 days

quote:

Colts coach Frank Reich insists Andrew Luck (shoulder) is "real close" to throwing.

It's been 522 days since Luck appeared in an NFL football game. Reich also intimated it will be Luck who decides when to actually resume throwing. Despite the unease created by Luck's extraordinarily long absence, every indication has him on track for Week 1. As long as he avoids setbacks, Luck should be safe to draft as an upside QB1 this summer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Rooting for a lockout

Burn it down.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just remember that the average nfl career is less than three years, and the current salary structure has incentived teams to sign even fewer veterans in favor of players on their rookie contracts. This makes the NFL union remarkably weak compared to the MLB and NBA.

It would take a substantial number of players basically forgoing at least a third of their career for a strike to happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Donnie pardoned Jack Johnson & wants to pardon Muhammed Ali. I don't think he needs necromancy powers.

He can’t pardon Ali: he was already pardoned 30 years ago.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It makes perfect sense if Edelman got popped, Gronk would have too, since they're both going to Brady's drug dealer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I liked how Rice finally retired after being clowned on by dante hall in the preseason.

Hall checked him at the line, threw him back like five feet, then intercepted the inexplicably thrown smoke route and housed it.

Rice was like "yeah gently caress this bye"

Then Hall went on all the Atlanta radio stations bragging about how he'd forced the greatest WR ever to retire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bah, DeAngelo.

here have the dante hall juke gif that if you're like me is seared frame by frame into your memory.

Intruder posted:

My favorite DeAngelo Hall moment was when he was shittalking Nuk on Hard Knocks in practice, then they did a 1 on 1 drill and Nuk juked him so bad he injured his knee. Then he went on twitter to talk more poo poo and Nuk just replied "good luck with your recovery"

Jim Mora Jr. drove DeAngelo Hall to the movies one time lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Something from China or Russia that’s new. Happens all the time in weightlifting, which is why they test samples for three years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

How the gently caress do you fail a drug test by testing positive for a substance not being tested for? That's not how lab tests work...

Anyway did we trade foles for gronk yet?

Chemically similar enough to something they ARE testing for.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Andrew Luck (shoulder) was throwing a high school ball in Tuesday's minicamp session.

Luck also said afterward he has thrown "The Duke," which is what he calls a real NFL football. He's apparently been throwing for two weeks. The size difference between an NFL and high school ball is minimal — it's mostly about weight — but it's still not quite what we needed to hear. Even with the high school ball, Luck was not uncorking screamers. Despite all that, owner Jim Irsay pledged afterward that Luck would have no "limitations" for training camp. Right now, that sounds more like a hope than a guarantee. Luck is making progress but has a long way to go.

Luck was actually throwing a nerf vortex whistler

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You just know he's sitting on an absurd offer from the Cowboys.

quote:

Speaking Tuesday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said "we'll see" when asked if holdout FS Earl Thomas would be with the team come Week 1.

Even at the risk of incurring massive fines, 29-year-old Thomas has said he will hold out of all team activities until his contract situation is rectified. The Seahawks publicly shopped Thomas this offseason but never found the trade price they were looking for. Thomas isn't interested in risking his health as he tries to get his football future squared away. This one could get messy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

So who is the standard-bearer for consistent greatness in the NFC now that the Seahawks have imploded? Is it, like, the Panthers?

Saints or the Panthers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Fiz has also been making GBS threads on the Panthers all offseason saying how bad they are going to be so lol

What does that have to do with anything?

Panthers have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFC since 2013. They only missed the playoffs once and went to the super bowl. They're doing this playing in the hardest or second hardest division in the NFL.

Teams will have a whole offseason to look at what Philly did and figure out how to stop it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diqnol posted:

And if what they did is just good execution of plays? Not really a counter to good, consistent play.

It's possible. But I probably said the same thing after 2015 and whelp

Also the Panthers are going to be bad this year because left 60% of the offensive line is....problematic. Also Kuechly is dead and they have no DBs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You have been complaining about how bad they are going to be, how old the defense is, how the drafting hasn't been good. All pretty big red flags for future consistency and success which is what the question was...no?

Then I misread the question. Panthers had been right there with the Seahawks during their run or whatever.

There's still enough on the Panthers to poo poo out 9-10 wins, but they're old and injury prone.

Of course everything could line up and they could make another super bowl run who knows.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

It's odd and moronic that the Bucs and Panthers did relatively little to address secondary issues with a division of Brees, Ryan, Cam, and Winston.

Uh you can’t control the line of scrimmage and set the tone and control the clock with DBs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I remember Jake Delhomme vs the Cardinals

I was there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Were you a changed man as you left

I had recently broken up without college girlfriend.

I just remember I couldn’t stop laughing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hnnngggghhh

https://twitter.com/CarolinaHuddle/status/1007247017704415232

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hacks going to end up qb’ing the Browns

You know it in your heart to be true.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PLEASE GOD

quote:

MMQB's Albert Breer writes Panthers first-round WR D.J. Moore "has looked the part" this offseason.

The first receiver off the board at No. 24 overall, Moore is a dynamic weapon who is dangerous after the catch, and he apparently showed off those traits during OTAs and minicamp. In addition to Breer's praise, Panthers.com's Max Henson wrote Moore is "more than ready to contribute." Even with Devin Funchess, Greg Olsen, and Christian McCaffrey all vying for targets, Moore has the talent to make a fantasy impact as a rookie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Dammit don't give Cam an actual good WR.

The time of dj Moore is upon us. It is known, khaleesi.

https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1008796239083827200?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress em up, cam

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If Lamar Jackson ends up being the best QB from this class literally every GM should be fired.

Fire hurney I agree

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak believes 2016 first-round DE Shaq Lawson is "competing for a rotational role, if not for his 53-man roster spot entirely" this summer.

Rodak thinks the team could try and trade Lawson ahead of Week 1, especially once free agent pickup Trent Murphy (knee) is back to 100 percent opposite Jerry Hughes. Buffalo also has Eddie Yarbrough, Terrence Fede, and Owa Odighizuwa as rotational pieces. Lawson, the No. 19 overall pick by ex-coach Rex Ryan, has just six sacks across 21 career appearances.

Pencil him in for ten sacks with the patriots this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gdi you know what I meant! I cannot be held accountable for auto-correct :colbert:

SteVen Jackson owned and I wish we got him a few years earlier than 3 years past his expire date :(

That wasn't his fault.

Jackson joined that team to pound dime defenses. But that was the year the sins of the Julio Jones trade came back to haunt the Falcons, and the whole offense collapsed.

Poor guy was sent out there to get murdered just to keep matt ryan alive.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I can't believe Jameis Winston's defense of "No it was the OTHER black guy" didn't hold up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He was a pretty straightforward poster before that game.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mayfield owns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

someone plz buy me a new title to support these dumb gay forums

same.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cmc is bad I’ll hang up and listen god bless the troops.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1011690805935984648

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aggravated Manslaughter?

Drug overdose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nystral posted:

For fans of the Steelers how do you square your fandom of the team against the awfulness of the QB’s history? I stopped caring for the Bucs after Winston was drafted because I felt he probably assaulted that woman at FSU and the school and Tally PD covered it up. I’ve resigned myself to just not follow the Bucs as long as he is on the team, is that how it works for Steelers fans?

Super Bowls clear up a lot.

• Locked thread