Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The NFLPA's response?

gently caress the president! gently caress the children!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1003987739916820480?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

:thurman:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I want every starting quarterback to kneel week 1

It would own...the NFLPA is a joke though so they could never organize something this cool.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't follow other teams closely enough to know if it holds up for them as well, but the Packers blurb has zero insight and no real justification for assigning it an arbitrary grade. What a worthless article.

And to think people pay money for these "insider" articles!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Fortunately, you don't have to: http://insider2text.xyz/

No poo poo...this works? Good lookin' out!

Not that I really care enough about these articles to go the (1) extra step but...good to know...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

the guy making GBS threads on the Niners for re-signing Kilgore then getting Richburg AND trading Kilgore has no idea what he's talking about. The Niners paid Kilgore nothing, and his cap hit is nothing (because his pay was set to be paid & dispersed after they traded him) and ensured they had a starting C in case they struck out on Richburg.

It was really a smart move

Give Shanny back :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Malcom Jenkins continues to own.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1004426356359393280

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Remember when he was appeased with a Papa Johns franchise and a promised 89mil to various social justice charities?

Look man pizza makes us do crazy poo poo sometimes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:rip:

https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/1004484262081519616

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

whypick1 posted:

I thought Bridgewater was on the Jets...

It's actually Sam Bradford. The fingers are pointing in the direction of Phoenix.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A new challenger enters the ring!

Look like his dick is giving the cameraman the middle finger

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The committee is so so dumb and petty and lol way to prove his point!

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1005093715575230468

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

It's kind of funny, because the reason TO isn't going is the same reason they didn't want to put him in in the first place.

When they were debating on putting him in, writers talked to a bunch of his old teammates and couldn't find anyone who said anything positive about the guy.

TO isn't going to the HoF induction because none of his old teammates want to go induct him.

So it has nothing to do with him being snubbed repeatedly? I thought he had beef with the committee?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

They're just one and the same really. The reason he was snubbed is because the way the debate works is the writers talk to ex-teammates and coaches about guys and use that to build the narrative they want to argue about. Per Peter King on one of the SI podcasts, the voices for TO were mute.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see. Still incredibly dumb and to your point...one in the same...neither should have anything to do with induction into the hall. Why these guys don't just judge on merit and on field production will always baffle me. Who care if anyone liked him or not?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

The way peter king put it: Look at how much they talk up leadership and going the extra mile and all that. Off the field stuff doesn't count, but locker room stuff does, and TO was widely considered a cancer.

Locker room stuff has nothing to do with on field stuff though gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. TO was one of the most dominant at his position ever, it shouldn't even been a factor. Not directed at you, I'm just reminded of how stupid these people are and it frustrates me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lots of noise about Gronk being traded. Lots of noise.

Come to butthead

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I liked how Rice finally retired after being clowned on by dante hall in the preseason.

Hall checked him at the line, threw him back like five feet, then intercepted the inexplicably thrown smoke route and housed it.

Rice was like "yeah gently caress this bye"

Then Hall went on all the Atlanta radio stations bragging about how he'd forced the greatest WR ever to retire.

DeAngelo.

Dante Hall was the Chiefs returner.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dante Hall stats when he went god mode :v:

2002: 390 PR Yds, 2 TD's; 1354 KR Yds, 1 TD
2003: 472 PR Yds, 2 TD's; 1478 KR Yds, 2 TD's
2004: 232 PR Yds, 0 TD's; 1718 KR Yds (lol), 2TD's
2005: 276 PR Yds, 0 TD's; 1560 KR Yds, 1 TD
2006: 240 PR Yds, 1 TD; 1207 KR Yds, 0 TD's

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Has anyone seen Danny Woodhead recently? I fear he may have been lured to the TB12 labs and liquified to produce this grit serum :ohdear:

Didn't he retire?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Much in the same way a racehorse gets "retired".

So you are saying Danny got put to pasture where he spends his days spreading his hard nosed and gritty seed across this great country???

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Play posted:

Yeah it's Green Bay obviously. C'mon guys

Green Bay for sure. Fiz has also been making GBS threads on the Panthers all offseason saying how bad they are going to be so lol

I would say Green Bay for sure. New Orleans and Atlanta have a ton of solid and young talent that should set up well for the future. Philly has to be in the mix as well, along with LA.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

Panthers have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFC since 2013. They only missed the playoffs once and went to the super bowl. They're doing this playing in the hardest or second hardest division in the NFL.

Teams will have a whole offseason to look at what Philly did and figure out how to stop it.

You have been complaining about how bad they are going to be, how old the defense is, how the drafting hasn't been good. All pretty big red flags for future consistency and success which is what the question was...no?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Then I misread the question. Panthers had been right there with the Seahawks during their run or whatever.

There's still enough on the Panthers to poo poo out 9-10 wins, but they're old and injury prone.

Of course everything could line up and they could make another super bowl run who knows.

For sure, agree with you on the past. Panthers have been consistently great.

Hell, maybe I misread the question...but I was more thinking of now and future greatness not past?

It also wouldn't shock me to see the Panthers in the Playoffs yet again this year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What was the Bush injury about? Did he trip on bad turf during warm-ups or something?

Eagles

Slipped on concrete after a play and tore his ACL

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

lol Cam shook

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sad to see Kramer's accuracy issues continued past his career...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Raku posted:

here's the thing

He already is

What day and year is it where you are? Tell us more about what the future holds :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Print the odds!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Tomlinson/Turner/Sproles was nice

I forgot those 3 all existed on the roster at the same time...that's quite the trio.

Man I miss prime Turner before he got fat and lazy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

That's a weird way to say overused and body broke down

I mean...yea...he was run to the drat dirt by Mike Smith. His final days in Atlanta though he was so slow and out of shape and would literally run into the line for 1 yard gains if he was lucky. :rip: Burner.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I remember Gruden gushing about his rear end on national TV.

When he was on his game, he was a stud. He was so fun to watch. Then our lines went to poo poo, Turner got fat and run down like Meta said and we moved onto......Stephen Jackson :stare:

Thankfully Devonta and Tevin saved us from RB purgatory.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

gdi you know what I meant! I cannot be held accountable for auto-correct :colbert:

SteVen Jackson owned and I wish we got him a few years earlier than 3 years past his expire date :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

That wasn't his fault.

Jackson joined that team to pound dime defenses. But that was the year the sins of the Julio Jones trade came back to haunt the Falcons, and the whole offense collapsed.

Poor guy was sent out there to get murdered just to keep matt ryan alive.

Yea that was a rough year. I felt bad for SJax. Those were some dark days and he had zero chance to succeed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

omg Baker Mayfield roasting Colin Cowherd is extremely my thing

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Verbal or literal?

(Please say literal)

I wish it were literal...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

whypick1 posted:

https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1009845342198812672

Imagine listening to Colin Cowherd on purpose.

rekt

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its too soon since the Falcon's most epic choke job ever.

Bro :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

swickles posted:

It was negotiated. Jameis gets three games, agrees to not appeal or go to court.

Edit: also a good idea by Winston, his salary is only 700k this year where as next year it balloons. Better to lose 3 checks at a lower rate than appeal, delay, sue and end up getting docked 6 at a couple million each.

I thought I read he was planning on appealing...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Nope. The appeal was the negotiation of 3 games instead of 6, basically.

Ahh, Rap tweeted earlier he was appealing but now Shefty is saying nope so it is done.

Also this would be something...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1012401063805292545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Also Jameis has been alright. He isn't a world beater, but he is young and good enough that the Bucs would be pretty dumb to move on from him at this point.

• Locked thread