Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Some time back I posted the link to one of the earlier playtest kits of METAL WORLD, the roleplaying game I've written inspired by heavy metal— both the musical genre and the publication— as well as traditional fantasy art like Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, and so forth. I've gotten it to the sixth release of the playtest kit, which is probably the last one I'm going to have before I try to Kickstart this beast.

If you want to know what METAL WORLD is, basically imagine if Ronnie James Dio had written D&D and threw in modern-day and sci-fi elements. Hell physically exists and you can just go there, where the MegaDevil gives guided tours. There's a demonically-possessed cowboy called the Fire Marshal who rides a rocket-powered robot horse and dispenses justice with his pair of 666-shooters. An undead ship made of the bones of the mariners it kills sails the seas looking for victims. The gnomes are called ge-nomes and instead of mad mechanics are mad geneticists. The crown jewel of the setting's iconography is the Dracano, a volcano made of dragons that— when it erupts— shoots lava and more dragons.

METAL WORLD— despite the D&D comparison— uses its own unique system based on a d12. I've heard a couple other things that have become available recently do that, but when I decided on it it was because A) nothing else did it and B) you can go to 11, but good luck finding that die. It also doesn't take itself too seriously lest it become like the "den ve haaates it" guy in that record store in Metalocalypse. The rules are light and flexible, allowing you to either let your players run hog wild or stay within a certain limit depending on how you as the Metal Lord want to run your game.

If any of you can look over Metal World: the Playtest Kit Take 6 and give me some feedback, I'd certainly appreciate it. I'm even looking to run some playtests whether in person, online, or hybrid, so if you'd be up for being part of that I could totally dig it, so let me know. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread