Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

can't wait for the EU to crack down on the sort of left wing spanish government

Kinda curious if they have enough IMF officials to parachute into cabinet roles against the will of the people across the whole of the eurozone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ali Alkali posted:

social democrats hates immigrants and love neo-liberalism and will go down fighting for these issues

This is a really strange claim considering the reason the far right parties are winning is the perceived open borders policies of the centrist scum.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

most voters are low information and will often vote in opposition to their stated values.

Low information voters hear 'Merkle accepts 1mil refugees from ME' and 'German cities to put in place rape free zones this NYE' and go vote AFD.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

How is this any different to Obama trying to interfere in european elections?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

rear end cobra posted:

shitaly will not be going to the 2018 world cup

Edit: I am totally unsurprised but highly amused that there is a chelsea branded english flag in the lazio ultras

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

Livorno must surely be the CSPAM approved football team. Their ultras are pretty much the opposite of the dogshit fascist Lazio fans.

(They also aren't very good but you can't have everything)

Nah its Legia

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Badger of Basra posted:

is kurz just really stupid or what

like I have a hard time imagining an actual nazi would use that word much less a crypto fascist who is presumably at least trying on the crypto part

Now that the Germans own the EU wholesale they have no reason to pretend they aren't using it to create a 4th reich

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

kurz is austrian, much like you-know-who

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ali Alkali posted:

a lot of people who you call "dark-skinned" have been living in continental europe for a long time now. Like most americans, you dont seem to know a lot about europe

Curry and chips was almost 50 years ago now.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

babypolis posted:

calling for a coup over finally achieving a solution for the dumbest international issue of all time is some top shelf lmao

Like you did see both the FYR Macedonian and Greek people in the main are mad as hell about this right? Unironically this will probably end up as an election issue in both countries to the benefit of the fash. Its another leftist 'I'm going to fix everything!' own goal and trying to extra-judicially throw an opposition politician who is theoretically on the same side as most of the population is a really bad idea.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

Next year's european elections are going to be something

The one thing you can say though is because of how anti-democratic the EU is by design it doesn't matter how terrible the people who get elected are because 4 appointed Germans make all the decisions anyway.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I will say the last time Portugal went full communist they left ~3000 men adrift in France with no logistics and had to have them rescued by the English.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Watch Brexit convince the European far right that leaving the EU is a bad idea, so they're better off putting all their efforts into making the EU less dysfunctional - but all the functionality gets funneled into making a "Europe for Europeans" - No Muslims, No Blacks, No Jews, No Romas.

Its going to be great when AfD take over Germany and the German coup in the EU big4 positions leads to a 4th reich

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Do you really think so?

If you think it's not the case go ahead and answer why as soon as Germany got hold of hr and Secretary General they removed term limits on the unelected posts.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Uhh... Are you referring to the time when Georg Kahn-Ackerman of West Germany was appointed to the position of Secretary General of the Council of the EU between 1974 and 1979???

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/a-very-eu-coup-martin-selmayrs-astonishing-power-grab/amp/

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Coohoolin posted:

Something I've noticed with hard Brexit people, they never argue their points, they just link some weird blog no one's ever heard of that uses unproven premises to reach vague conclusions, because they're all actually idiots with ideology bugbear about foreigners and sovereignty.

The Spectator: Some weird blog

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The reason that ending freedom of movement and abolishment of the EU is the domain of the right is that the mainstream left abandoned the workers in favour of identity based social democracy. When you are poor but the rich centre-left people are telling you to shut the gently caress up and keep doing what has led to your poverty while the far right is saying 'if we kick out all the foreigners it will become good again' why the gently caress do you think people go and vote for the people addressing their concerns, even if the solutions they propose won't work, have never worked and are loving horrifying. Fixing the problems with the EU starts with removing the German lunatics who think inflation is the most dangerous problem to ever occur and deliberately cause deflation by preference. The problem is there is literally no way to get rid of them because that's how the EU works.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Alright, well I'm clearly not convincing anyone of anything here, or even understanding what you guys are saying, appare

Do any of you malcontents have ideas about how to fix all these problems? How do you suggest we get ourselves out of this mess?

Accept the wisdom of Tony Benn into your heart

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Electronico6 posted:

I think there's a strong possibility that when the next eurocrisis hits France is going to break rank with nonsense German economics to save itself, and the rest will follow France to save themselves and the Euro. Meanwhile German, and probably Finland, will be left behind and maybe even partitioned again and it's eastern half sold back to the Russians, and the European Union will be saved.

Everyone talking about how the eu is an attempt to stop another pan European war seems to gleefully ignore the last time Europeans did what Germany is doing to Greece and Spain.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

twoday posted:

Another glorious victory for centrism

https://twitter.com/BrexitBin/status/1071073194319208448?s=20

Merkel 2: Krampkerrenboogaloo

The only surer sign of brain worms on twitter than a donut emoji is #fbpe

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The reason vaccines must be mandatory is that a small number of people can't be vaccinated for medical reasons and without herd immunity they will die. Italy is a shithole.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

can't wait for him to fail miserably as president so that nazis take power in the next election

All the Nazis are in crimea my dude. They don't vote in Ukrainian elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

they're out on the streets, though. nazis are an inevitable everywhere in the world at this point

I'm starting to get a feeling every flicker in the shadows is a nazi to some people now.