Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

i am sorry, but it's only the swedes. three of the nordic countries were official imperial subjects around a hundred years ago or less, another effectively one, and two were subjects to imperial conquests and ethnic cleansing which either took place in or continued into the 20th century.

I don't think the point is that someone of your ethnic group in the past took immoral actions but rather that you today directly benefit from those actions.
Also, are you counting seven nordic countries? What are they, the eastern baltics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Carthag Tuek posted:

there's 7 nordic countries:
dk
no
se
fi
fo
gl
is

Scandinavia (ie the worst ones) is only the first 3

OK if you want to count countries constituent of a larger state but how does Finland get counted? Because it was conquered by Sweden centuries ago? Why not count Ukraine then? Or count Finland as a slavic country?

E: not saying you're wrong but I'd love to know the reasoning.

Weka has issued a correction as of 23:31 on Jun 28, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

Lol quaestors

Weka
May 5, 2019

That last video explains a lot about the poop shelf.

Weka
May 5, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Oh Lithuania, please do invade Russia just for the banter.

They have to get through Belarus first. Smolensk is just on the other side, so this boob is presumably saying Belarus is Lithuania too, that just doesn't play as well.

Weka
May 5, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Of course he's saying that, he wants a restoration of the borders of the Commonwealth. Not sure Hyper-nationalist accurately describes this freak, could be too moderate for him

Somebody with twitter tell him that Lithuania is part of Poland, which was always the dominant part of the commonwealth.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

actually, you can invade russia directly from lithuania

Congratulations on being technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/PADDYWILO71/status/1574017795121205249

Weka
May 5, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao that has to be satire

I should have known, she's too well spoken.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1575137671453630466

Fascism, but good? Before some humourless scold starts in, of course I doubt she will do anything meaningful for people in Africa.

Weka
May 5, 2019

"In our countries", just flat out claiming ownership of Europe, I love it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

I thought Americans were just like that, I didn't realise they were coached into it.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Truga posted:

no that's me, and i saw this today
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1593624598922289155/pu/vid/1280x720/ulNdEzGSXNidHBVW.mp4?tag=12
absolutely none of what he's talking about ever happened lmfao

There was a 2010 survey by a woman about domestic violence, so I'm guessing that's what he's talking about.
https://evaw-global-database.unwomen.org/fr/countries/europe/slovenia/2010/national-research-on-domestic-violence-against-women

Weka
May 5, 2019

Centerism just mean economically right but it's ok to be gay mostly.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Gripweed posted:

The Soviets killed all the nazis on their side of Germany.

They most certainly did not kill all of their portion of the 8.5 million Nazi party members. Denazification was much better than in the west but it didn't extend to blanket executions. Have a couple quotes from the wiki article on denazification.
"According to official records, 122,600 people were interned. 34,700 of those interned in this process were considered to be Soviet citizens, with the rest being German."
"Conditions in the internment camps were terrible, and between 42,000 and 80,000 prisoners died."
"In particular, the districts of Gera, Erfurt, and Suhl had significant amounts of former Nazi Party members in their government."

Orange Devil posted:

German armed forces, famous for being good at killing Soviets. Killed them all the way to Berlin.

Look at some casualty statistics some time.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Hermits are basically terrorists.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Why are people so bad at identifying the worst part of stories?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

he's not a prince of anything, his great-whatever grandfather abdicated after ww1

the title is entirely meaningless, like that Habsburg dork

In the case of the Habsburgs, they can't use their titles in Austria because aristocratic titles are banned, even including "von".

Weka
May 5, 2019

my dad posted:

Habsburg families sometimes had Grenzer bodyguards, and based on generationally passed down gossip, I have my suspicions on why certain branches seem less inbred than others.

Which reminds me, sorry about that time an exiled Serbian king hosed Winston Churchill's mom, that one went real poorly for everyone I'd say.

Don't leave us hanging my dad.

Weka
May 5, 2019

They culled all the minks in the mink farms because they had covid. IMO they should have vaccinated those minks.

Weka
May 5, 2019

i say swears online posted:

what's the fur market like in 2022 anyway? i don't think i've seen a fur coat for sale in a department store since the 90s

Well mink prices have rebounded due to less supply!

Weka
May 5, 2019

V. Illych L. posted:

it's dying, but there's no reason to cheer at the prospect of it being completely euthanised

Maoism - third worldism, the objectively correct position, would disagree I suppose.

tambourine posted:

Hahahahahahahahha no.

The DDR recruited literal SS people into their security apparatus, same as the other Germany, while the USSR hoovered up all the Nazi scientists that hadn't been taken by the US already.

But it sure is a convenient lie that one side cared more about the ideological background of their thugs and rocket scientists.

I believe one of the primary differences was that Warsaw Pact countries typically didn't include former Nazis in high ranking positions.
e: oh you're the Gorbachev fan boy lol.

Weka has issued a correction as of 22:18 on Dec 15, 2022

Weka
May 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

So I'm listening to 'Adults in the Room' by Yannis Varoufakis, and holy poo poo, holy poo poo there is no toilet in hell deep enough for that loving german satan Wolfgang Schueble, and that little poo poo worm Jeroen Dijsselbloem, I genuinely hope he's experiencing the very worst senility has to offer. Europe was destined to fail with this people in control.

So they're good?

Weka
May 5, 2019

"9 percent of hunters involved in a severe accident test positive for alcohol or drugs."

Wouldn't that be lower than the base rate of French adults testing positive?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Grimnarsson posted:

They call it "gouda".

more like bada

Weka
May 5, 2019

White supremacy is a centrist position.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Nipaassuseq qimmeq.

Weka
May 5, 2019

genericnick posted:

I hear Zelensky doesn't want to prolong the treaties for the pipeline that brings gas to Austria. Which is kind of inconvenient, since there's really no other place to get gas from. Work shopping some ideas here:
Lemberg ist Österreich
Climate change, maybe good?
Grow wings and migrate in winter?

Can't the megel pipeline from Germany be reversed? Austria can buy all the American lpg it wants (at 5x the price)

Weka
May 5, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

86, drat these people live like cockroaches

Take it to the anti Italian discrimination thread.
For real though, it's 4 years past Italian life expectancy.

Weka
May 5, 2019

When you think about it, being opposed to immigration to Finland is being pro migrant.

Weka
May 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT/status/1672886906059669504

Weka
May 5, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

"Balkan Nationalists" on the internet are mostly either far-right Finns or Americans roleplaying, which means every far-right Finn roleplays as a balkan nationalist.

This is Gunther Fehlinger erasure.

Weka
May 5, 2019

uno.mannschaft posted:

Not sure but there is a new permit for a gathering with the purpose of "burning a religious text" 30 mins from me so might go there to celebrate.

Unless you've been publicly burning a Quran a day already you're a reactionary sorry.

Weka
May 5, 2019

it's a dumbocracy. not cool enough for idiocracy

Weka
May 5, 2019

Zodium posted:

as a chud, I think it looks good. problem?

yeah, I'm a chud and it looks like stinking euros to me

Weka
May 5, 2019

Zodium posted:

you love europe

I try and love everyone. You didn't choose to be a type of dog.

Weka
May 5, 2019

If you burn it, how can the state prove it was a Quran?

Zodium posted:

you think all europeans are good boys

nonsense, some are good girls.

Weka
May 5, 2019

mortons stork posted:

lol, algorithmic surge pricing to gouge the poo poo out of people wanting to be home for the holiday season has long been a hot-button issue, i cant believe the eu will fall for this dumbshit good cop bad cop game. also literally nobody likes airlines and train operators setting their holiday rates at 10x because freedom, except maybe for the dumb idiot fuckers who drank the coolaid and the airlines themselves, so this gains meloni tremendous unearned popularity.

also gutting transport support to the point that connection to the islands has to be maintained by a lovely low cost carrier like ryanair, lmao even

finally, the bank windfall profit tax is just another word for the government just shoveling a bunch of money into rich people's hands since they want to aim that tax at 'helping families with variable rate mortgages,' ie the govt pays for your mortgage with the money it just 'extracted' from the banks, its just a dumb money loop instead of actually doing anything to curtail unsustainable rising rates for credit and unjust profiteering off the rate hikes that will surely one day reach the tipping point and tank the poo poo out of our already struggling economy as intended

Seems like this is debt reduction for the middle class, which I suppose will have some knock on effects.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Death By The Blues posted:

Thankfully the West has not provided an obscene amount of weapons to another absurdly corrupt nation with white nationalist ideals and a porous border within relative proximity to eastern Germany.

the UK?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Megamissen posted:

finally someone steps up

Thank you America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

I too had a dream when I was 14 and it was about the destruction of the 5th republic.