Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Wait, Faye gets physic AND recover? Da gently caress, no wonder why she breaks the game hideously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Double clerical shenanigans then? I notice that the other cleric has warp and a summon spell, both of which are expensive as poo poo. But if Faye can just heal her up...

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Well, I mis-typed my initial sentence in that 'recover' should've been 'rescue', because Rescue can be broken as balls applied correctly. Given that Rescue here is just restricted by hit points rather than staff usage, I can see that getting hilarious. Plus I'm just a fan of Physic in general as per my original statement.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I actually like Clair, she's ignorant true, but it's more steeped in curiousity than superiority. She's actually trying to engage, she's just loving up.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I suppose if the primary reason you like the story there is because it's a train-wreck, I absolutely can't fault your logic even if I can't stand the game's story myself.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I actually do like Radiant Dawn for a lot of what it tried to do, but the villain writing certainly isn't one of those things. I wish that the antagonists that cause all the problems weren't all puppy-kicking, kitten-smashing people to such an excessive degree. It's not 'god this is a terrible person' and more, 'the writers can't be serious'.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Noooo that is a terrible idea. Why? Why would you do that in a turn-based game? No.

I think the answer to that is in his username haha.

Personally I think Awakening's story is bog-standard and has a lot of pacing/plotting issues, but I honestly just adore the basis of the time travel thing. It's probably one of the better marriages of gameplay/story integration I've seen in a game, by giving a valid reason for waifu eugenics while actually being relatively interesting story wise. A desperation maneuver where the kids use an unreliable method to try to save their past? Completely explains why they appear and are encountered at random and why they're almost universally entrenched in poo poo you have to dig them out of. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The problem being is that no player will do what Eirika does later in the game so...

• Locked thread