Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!
I got the feeling this was the first time the phrase "Ginger Stud" has ever been uttered.

While Fernand's attitude is uncalled for, it's not baseless. Though still, he should know how dire the situation is at this point. It's good he's gone in my book. He really doesn't seem like someone who was truly loyal.

Also, I like Grey.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I checked and kinda sad we never get to use a scythe because I'd be all for respeccing Forscythe to a class that could.

Due to the shape, I'd wager they'd be axes, probably the axe version of the Wo Dao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Yeah but nobody figures that out unless you have some incredibly specific support conversations at the right time and, if I remember right, a combat conversation that's likely to get Soren killed. Anyway, "son of a king who used me as bait for a dragon, then forced me upon a nurse who hated the burden and sold me to a sage, after he died I went feral and Ike was the only person nice to me so I hunted him down years later and swore loyalty to his family" isn't bad in its own right.

Fernand may think he has a sob story, but Soren EARNED his right to be a jerk-rear end.

It's actually surprising that Soren isn't even more of a dick when you think about. It also makes Fernand look even worse.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

To be fair, the one of the supposed protagonists doing something monumentally stupid and it then being effectively quickly dropped by everyone (or never get called on it in the first place) isn't exactly unique to Fates - see also: Micaiah, Celica.

To be fair to Micaiah, she wasn't the only one that did something Monumentally stupid. That was Pelleas. She just got stuck because of his stupidity. Also, no one called her out on it because everyone was busy being garden statues.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Snorb posted:

I dunno, I just want a Fire Emblem game to start off with your My Unit creation; the standard "What's your name?" "Are you a male or female?" "What's your affinity as far as Supports go?" "What color hair do you have?" and then immediately gear-shift into "HOLY loving poo poo, the entire Imperial Army is attacking your village, here's a Rapier and an Iron Sword and a Vulnerary, WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING THERE, DO YOU WANT TO GET KILLED!?"

No buildup. No subtlety. No immediate backstory beyond what can be gleaned from the back of the box. Just have My Unit be as confused as you the player are as to what the hell's going on.

Next map, no explanation of plot, just "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, HERE'S YOUR BEST FRIENDS RED CAVALIER, GREEN CAVALIER, AND JEIGAN, RUN YOU FOOL," and the third map "here's your other friends Pegasus Knight, Archer, and Priestess, WE'LL EXPLAIN WHAT'S HAPPENING ONCE IT'S SAFE WHICH IT ISN'T."

I guess this is why I don't write Fire Emblem games.

I dunno. With some polish, this sounds like the premise of a pretty good plot.

• Locked thread