Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

EclecticTastes posted:

That's what everyone thought about Shadow Dragon and Marth, which sold fewer copies than either of the GBA titles to get released internationally. New Mystery sold so poorly in Japan that it wasn't even translated. I mean, it's more likely they'll repeat that mistake than do FE4, but the most likely remake is probably Sacred Stones, since it's already pretty close to the formula that's making them lots of money.

New Mystery sold fine for what it was. It didn't get translated because it came out right at the end of the DS' lifespan and by the time localization was done the 3DS would have been out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Keldulas posted:

Wait, Faye gets physic AND recover? Da gently caress, no wonder why she breaks the game hideously.

neither of those are the reason she's good as a cleric

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

EclecticTastes posted:

I'm aware of some of those changes, my theory is that their localization budget and timetable were calculated and handed down before it became clear that they'd need to spend extra time and money excising all the groping minigames and dummying out the lingerie. As for why they weren't adjusted for what was clearly a tentpole project, I wouldn't know, but to simply claim incompetence when the circumstances could well have been more complicated than that feels a little reductive and unfair. But, given how all the changed scenes involved replacing more detailed dialog with very brief jokey-jokes that required zero effort to slap in, it feels to me more like they ran out of time/money than they genuinely thought it would be better that way.

Treehouse didn't do any of that. Localization teams very very rarely do the actual coding needed to adapt the game

The much more likely problem is just that they were translating three games in the time they'd normally get to translate one

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Source your quotes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For reference, the exact context for people hating that Azura/Corrin scene is that Corrin told her what they were gonna do like, two lines earlier. It's not that the idea was bad, it's that Azura is that dumb

Also Corrin never follows up on the idea of pretending to be evil, except when they randomly genocide the Kitsune without anybody remarking on how hosed up that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Basically everything we've heard since then is that the main writers rewrote everything so thoroughly that the finished product barely resembles the original pitch. The original pitch could easily have been reasonably competent.

• Locked thread