Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
gently caress yes it's the prettiest fire emblem ever

which goes a long way to make up for all the 25-year old jank that tae is sure to cover extensively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i think it's also the case that you can't hit certain support levels until you get to a certain chapter

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

the only way those games would be bad is if the developers deliberately tanked in order to piss people off.

speaking of which i heard that there was a contingent of insane kaga diehards who insisted that intsys was deliberately botching this game just to ruin kaga's legacy

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

did the one-number RNG come back for echoes because it sure felt that way throughout my own playthrough

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Tae posted:

Now, shall I head back out there and slay more of your enemies for you?!

:stonklol: whoa there, girl

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Gray and Tobin: Mercenary
Kliff: Mage
Faye: Cleric

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Torrannor posted:

I have no idea how combat shakes out, how important which spells are or what weapons are strong, so I'm not voting on classes. I do like that individual characters have access to different spells. Could be a precursor to Three Houses maybe giving every character magic, even if they are knights/fighters or the like. Unless Gaiden already had the individual magics?

yeah that was still a thing in OG gaiden

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

"gently caress you, Tobin" hey, now y'all fight better!

ditto with "hey can we talk?" "nah gently caress you you're not alm"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Honestly I'm quite impressed that they managed to take the usual "new fledgling protagonist gets leadership role on a silver plate" crap in the original Gaiden (that they pretty much needed to follow) and spin it into something that makes sense, and even intriguing.

I still think it's kind of a too-convenient development, but at least I can admire the writing chops that went into the adaptation.

yeah it's impressive how they took this source material of a barebones NES plot and actually really fleshed it out

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

I feel like Soren isn't a good choice because unknown to him he is actually the son of royalty.

wonder how fernand would react to like, the FE4 gen 2 cast who find out they're actually nobility

"see this mercenary who works for an orphanage and this petty thief? well see their mom's actually the heir to a dukedom"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Saladin Rising posted:

"This is Lissa, Chrom's sister. She's a magic user, but lately she's gotten very good at smacking people in the face with giant axes. You can ask our Tactician how "Second Seals" work just as soon as they finish eating bear meat with Chrom. Yes, that's wild bear meat, what kind of meat did you think it was?"

"also where did the tactician come from? who the gently caress knows man"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Echoes and Awakening we're done by 8-4 right?

yup

looks like treehouse is getting to do three houses; jury's out on whether that'll be good

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

For reference, the exact context for people hating that Azura/Corrin scene is that Corrin told her what they were gonna do like, two lines earlier. It's not that the idea was bad, it's that Azura is that dumb

Also Corrin never follows up on the idea of pretending to be evil, except when they randomly genocide the Kitsune without anybody remarking on how hosed up that was

and it never gets mentioned again...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

To be fair, the one of the supposed protagonists doing something monumentally stupid and it then being effectively quickly dropped by everyone (or never get called on it in the first place) isn't exactly unique to Fates - see also: Micaiah, Celica.

genociding the wolfskin and the kitsune was both incredibly pointless and totally out of nowhere, in addition to being dumb as all hell though, so i'd put it a notch below that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

also it bears repeating but there were 22 writers working on fates or some poo poo lol

like, i'm just thinking to my group capstone project (5 people) and how contentious that got at times, and i'm just imagining how much worse it could have been with 22 people

• Locked thread