Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Torrannor posted:

Oh, that's interesting. I kind of lost interest in FE after the excellent Radiant Dawn, and I was kind of bored with the Awakening LP, (the story just wasn't engaging for some reason) so this is all news to me.

Since this is a Gaiden, will we see any people from Shadow Dragon? This setting seems pretty far removed for Archanea.

Yes: four.

Also Echoes is a good game with a bunch of lovable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

BlazetheInferno posted:

Fire Emblem Heroes remembered this too; I think he's actually the only left-handed sword-wielder in the game. Heroes I mean, not just Echoes.

Marisa is ambidextrous but naturally left-dominant.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Gray: Merc
Tobin: Archer
Kliff: Mage
Faye: Pegasus

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Does a melee range archer attack still obliterate pegasus knights?

Archers still do more damage to fliers regardless of range, but they're not the instant death sentence they are in other games because the majority of enemy bows are of the weaker variety (like Iron or occasionally Steel). In addition, bows' MT are weaker in this game; an Iron Bow only has 2 Mt, compared to an Iron Sword's 5.

So in theory they're still just as bad against fliers, but in practice you'll often see your fliers tanking them more easily.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Clive is very, very sad since his growths are way too balanced to match up to any of the Villagers (or future Cavaliers) and his rock-bottom RES score makes him a sitting duck for any mages that gets close.

I dunno, I've never made him work.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I mean, the people in Awakening who are actually nobility include Virion and Sully.

Maribelle is the closest Fernand would be able to get to his idea of 'royalty', and she's not nearly as pompous as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If Brady isn't the splitting image of Vaike you're doing it wrong.

• Locked thread