Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad to see that you are lping this game Tae as overall I quite liked what the game does, especially in regards to voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Mila's Turnwheel is probably the best QoL item in the series, I hope FE Switch has a similar item

This times a million.

Just to check, do you care if we go into the mechanics surrounding the battle usage of the turnwheel or are you going to save that for a later update?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shei-kun posted:

That's... one way to describe it, yes.

I prefer incredibly creepy obsession. Girl's got issues.

Thankfully, they currently work in Alm's favor. Somehow.

In a situation where you are putting a person who has never really fought before, anything that can keep her mind off what she is actually doing is a good short term solution.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lets keep it nice and simple and go with

Grey: Mercenary
Tobin: Archer
Kliff: Mage
Faye: Cleric

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Keldulas posted:

Double clerical shenanigans then? I notice that the other cleric has warp and a summon spell, both of which are expensive as poo poo. But if Faye can just heal her up...

Try thinking creatively about what she could add to the table when combined with what the party can do.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LordHippoman posted:

As much as all the voice actors in this game nail it, Clair especially nails it. She's fantastic and she manages to not be a one-note gimmick character.

Clair has some truly amazing lines and combined with her general usefulness makes her one of my favorite units in the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And this is why I like Clair so much as a character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And nothing of value was lost.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Despite my hatred for Fernand I do have a slightly different view on his backstory but that will have to wait until the lp reveals a bit more about what is going on in the world.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

You guys are really over thinking this. If you want to piss off Fernand you just say "this is Soren, he's a gutter-orphan who's skilled enough with magic and tactics to be the chief strategist of a group of similarly non-noble mercenaries who kick everyone's butts and save the world twice."

I feel like Soren isn't a good choice because unknown to him he is actually the son of royalty.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Awakening cast in general would probably cause Fernand to start foaming at the mouth.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

Smelly hobo amnesiac he found lying on the ground.

who is not only the mother/husband of his time traveling daughter but is also literally the anti-christ.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean, the people in Awakening who are actually nobility include Virion and Sully.

Maribelle is the closest Fernand would be able to get to his idea of 'royalty', and she's not nearly as pompous as he is.

I feel like Maribelle would try to snap his neck as she is very much a believer in the responsibilities of nobility .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EclecticTastes posted:

The issue with this is that the mechanics of Fire Emblem wouldn't back up the story, since FE gameplay is, by nature, slow and methodical, which wouldn't reinforce the sense of urgency and panic being pushed by the story. On the other hand, this would be an interesting way to introduce a mechanic of some maps having time limits on the player's turn. It would be a pretty solid gimmick, at least.

That sounds like a great gimmick for endgame maps where people are familiar with how the game is played, but starting off like that would just be horrible. Just use the traditional turn limits or do what Shadow Dragon remake did and have a wall of generals or whatever slowly moving in on you that you could not possibly hope to defeat.

• Locked thread