Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Shadows of Valencia starts off really well. The additions they've made do a lot to improve everyone's characters.

Except for that movie of Alm killing Cecilia. That doesn't make me wonder what leads to that, because everyone knows nothing of the sort happened in Gaiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

The above having been said, you can grind, and doing so for the Villagers can ensure their stats stay nice and high, though it's not really necessary to beat the game. Unlike Awakening and Fates, there's no mechanic for gaining infinite levels, and as I've mentioned, growth rates aren't as good as in most of the series, so if you like those shiny green numbers, you'll likely have to bite the bullet and grind up. On the plus side, it'll feel even better once you finally class change and gain EXP far faster for the first several levels.

Oh yes there is!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Oh hey, Echoes has a 33% discount now. Maybe I'll start playing along.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Let's just go with the classic.

Grey: Mercenary
Tobin: Archer
Kliff: Mage
Faye: Cleric

Now, if you're prepping for postgame (without dlc), the answer is to make everyone you can mercenaries, then diversify them after at least one villager loop.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

daermon posted:

Tobin is the superior mage you fools. Early Excalibur access trumps anything Kliff brings to the party.

Oh? And what does he get late-game? He doesn't even have a 3-range spell.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Speaking of character development, did you have any plans involving the prequel DLC? Because if you weren't planning to do it yourself, I could transcribe them whenever you think would be good.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Fernand's introduction works much better when it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

- Fernand would probably be happy being given the reigns, but I bet everybody (especially the non-nobles) hates him

While I strongly suspect that Claire slotted in "by commoners" into Fernand's backstory on the spot as a clumsy attempt to make him more acceptable to the Ram Village crew (replacing "under Slayde's orders." naturally), the fact remains that he's even worse off than Clive, and knows it.

• Locked thread