Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Funktastic posted:

Tobin: Archer
Gray: Merc
Kliff: Mage
Faye: Cleric

The normal, boring choices. I made Faye a pegasus knight in my original run, so it'd be nice to see if she's more useful as a cleric.
I'll go with this as my vote.

One question I had:

Tae posted:

Faye (Cleric)

Nosferatu: Free, 0 mt, 1-2 range, 60 hit, 2 wt, Absorbs HP equal to damage dealt to enemy
Nosferatu means that Faye can attack even when she's a Cleric, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

EclecticTastes posted:

Well, fact is, it doesn't matter how qualified Alm is, he's a filthy commoner, so Fernand wants nothing to do with him. Never mind that he's the grandson of their nation's greatest hero, not to mention heir to whatever titles Mycen still held claim to, he grew up in a village, where people do their own work. Like savages. Whatever other bullshit reasons Fernand comes up with is just cover for that irrational hatred. It's actually a pretty realistic portrayal of bigotry, for a video game made for children (though it wouldn't be a first for Fire Emblem, given some scenes in the Radiant games).
Man if Ferdinand flipped his poo poo over Alm I'd love to see how hard he'd melt down over some of the more colorful characters in other Fire Emblem armies.

"Okay so this is Gonzales, he's a Brigand that Princess Lilina recruited on the Western Isles. He's can't speak English very good and he's, uh... missing some teeth. But he kills dragons pretty good. He also sat on a mountain and single-handedly took out a quarter of Bern's Dragon rider army."

"Okay so this is Nino, a former mage of the Black Fang, and this scary-looking guy next to her is Jaffar, the Angel of Death. Jaffar doesn't talk much, but we just give him a few Killing Edges and point him towards the enemy, and he does the rest. I'd advise against any hurtful remarks about Nino, or Jaffar might slip a dagger in your back before you know what happened."

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

"This is Chrom, Prince of Ylisse and rightful... No! Chrom, you're supposed to peel the orange first!"
"This is Lissa, Chrom's sister. She's a magic user, but lately she's gotten very good at smacking people in the face with giant axes. You can ask our Tactician how "Second Seals" work just as soon as they finish eating bear meat with Chrom. Yes, that's wild bear meat, what kind of meat did you think it was?"

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

chiasaur11 posted:

And they are very different in practice, but they sound similar enough that it could be a while before they'd realize how different they are. It's also a prospective Fernand could see as "understandable, but wrong" as opposed to simply insane.
I feel like anything with Maribelle would last until Fernand said something disrespectful about Lissa or Chrom. Maribelle would defend both of them with her life, and there's no way Fernand would be able to refrain from calling them "an insult to royalty" or something similar.

Oh god, I just remembered that Lissa mucked around in a swamp catching frogs to drop down the Avatar's cloak. That right there would be more than enough to start Fernand on a tirade, which would be abruptly ended when 3/4's of Awakening's cast simultaneously decked him for insulting Lissa. Bonus points if Owain challenges Fernand to a duel for "insulting my mother's honor".

This page has made me realize just how great Awakening's characterization is, as an aside.

• Locked thread