Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I've stalled on a second playthrough of this game so maybe I can pick it back up and play along! I'll vote for the promotions I gave my crew this time around. First time I went with their "default" classes, as hinted by the stuff you find around Ram Village.

Kliff- Mage It just fits him too well
Tobin- Mercenery He joined up for the paycheck. It makes too much drat sense
Gray- Cavalier He strikes me as the romantic errant knight type
Faye- Cleric I made her a peg knight my first playthrough and ehhhh, let's see what she can do as a cleric instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I love all the extra conversations you can get. I recently went and re-read an LP of the original game since playing this one and ye gods what a difference! Characterization? What's that?

The voice acting really sells it, too, so I hope ya'll are watching the videos!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Haha, no. Not that you aren't broadly correct, but even in instances where there was personality, Treehouse occasionally ripped it out, like the infamous Saizo/Beruka support, where they stripped everything out in order to do a lovely "......." meme. While there wasn't much to work with, Treehouse did an utter poo poo job even taking that into account.

Ohhhh no. I hear this lovely argument trotted out every time Fates is brought up. Fates' story problems go way deeper than anything to do with the localization. The problem is with the original story. Garbage in, garbage out.

Also the "..." support is hilarious and yes that is the hill I will die on. :colbert:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

EclecticTastes posted:

I wasn't referring to turn limits on maps, I was saying time limits. Like in speed chess. You have two minutes to move all your poo poo, or your turn ends immediately.

Noooo that is a terrible idea. Why? Why would you do that in a turn-based game? No.

• Locked thread