Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've won the game by becoming a creature of infinite gloom and despair: an accountant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sekenr posted:

The writing is good as usual but Alexis really does suck at actual gamepley (also as usual). Resourse management is bad when there are dozens of different resources and I still don't unserstand why I can't do certain things. I put 2 glimmer into study and the button is grayed out?

Have you already "trained" Passion once?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

How do I know which aspects are used for expeditions? I've only done two, one by in a throwaway game where everyone died and one where I tossed a couple of hirelings that found some guards and promptly murdered them, but I have no idea why one worked and the other didn't.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

How do I fulfil Comissions? I think I have the appropriate Lore but the box is asking for an Article

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

Try putting the Commission card into other boxes.

In hindsight, that was logical. Thanks!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Dear diary: I'm probably going to quit this cult business and go full time paining. I have 200 Funds and a basically infinite amount of bullshit and Mystique that my buyers think is worth something. There is this random detective who has spent a 3 literal hours in my gallery trying to find something to charge me with, but that's a small price to pay.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Is there any way to know how many 'levels' of an Aspect do I need to pass each Location test? I'm just dumping a pair of hirelings on each expeditions to take the blows, but it's annoyingly slow.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

Every obstacle you meet on an Expedition has the same difficulty levels; 1-4 levels is a low chance of success, 5-9 is a good chance, and 10+ is almost certain. Or do you mean “how do I tell which tests I need to pass in an Expedition?

Autonomous Monster posted:

The expedition hazards? It's the same for each hazard. 10 points is certain success for everything, lesser numbers I'm not sure of but cult business success rates are (apparently) 30% for 2 points (believers) and 70% for 5 points (disciples).

Thanks. I was expecting that expeditions further away from the capital would be harder.

Now to work my way though my the pile of locations I've accumulated from dreaming the gates

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I give up, what’s the easiest way to summon something with Moth 10 to get rid of evidence? I’m sick of painting notoriety away.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Someone posted an easy recipe at the start of the thread, here it is

1) The Sunset Rite, acquired by buying 'STUMM!' from the Auction House and watching it with Funds.
2) Forge 6 from Lore
3) Winter 5 from a Winter-aligned Disciple
4) Knock 2 from A Subtle Flaw, can be dreamed up easily by going to the Temple of the Wheel via the Wood.

Wait, you can BUY stuff at the Auction House? My first thought was "Cool, more books" but then I put it on the Exploration verb and didn't work :bang:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Won my first not-living-a-boring-life game. I'm going to give it a rest and then try to actually make sense of things instead of putting cards wherever they fit. Feel fry to critizise my end game setup:

I could probably have won 3-4 hours earlier, but didn't notice that [spoiler]"talking" to prisoners increased my Marks
, so I was just piling up Lore just for the sake of accumulating it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Also where the hell is Fucine? I kept picking up Fucine books but never found the language. Oh well.

Summon a demon to teach you. I’ll have to check my madman-style notes, but I think it requires Stories and Moth(?)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

And King Crucible will teach you Mandaic. Each of the Name summons can teach you a different dead language.

I got Mandaic from a bowl. I like the redundancy.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, there's a book for everything- including Vak, though that one's a rare drop so I've never seen it.

Found that in the Mansus, peacock Door. Straight up Scholar - Vek, IIRC

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

my hand is stronger than any magnet

Unless you’re dreaming past a Door. Then you drop Notoriety and end in jail. :smith:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, God, look at those straight lines. LOOK AT THEM!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I usually have 3 commissions ready to go for exactly this purpose when combining lores

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

It definitely does. I lost my sweet child Tristan to a tragic forging accident.

Tristan is my bro and for some reason the only cultist that I know the name and lore of.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I think about them as investigators in Arkham Horror. People who are out of their depth, but have seen something they shouldn't have and just can't stop poking.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

It probably means it's physically (digitally?) hidden, with another card being on top of it.

Either that, or a bug.

You shouldn't lose skills.

FAKE EDIT: Did you try to learn the same language again? Unique cards (like rituals) disappear if you get a newer copy.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 19, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I saw it fade out before my eyes!

Were you trying to learn the same language? That's what happens when you get two copies of the same unique card.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

genericnick posted:

Is there ever a reason you shouldn't combine you lores?

Gaps in my matrix of lores make me tear my hair out.

Keep them for a while, you'll know when you don't need lower level lores anymore. Specifically, you'll need a level 6 lore to pass the Stag Door. The needed lore will vary from game to game..

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Meanwhile, I managed to lose by Health and by Dread at the same time on my first game. Got both achievements. :smug:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I have finished my third run, completing the three ascension paths, and now I have to hide/destroy the notebook I was using so people won't believe I'm mad.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

This looks good. Care to post the json when you're done with it?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The LP got me in the mood for another go. What are the Lores that don’t have an “appropriate” ending yet?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

First run in a while (since Dancer), sure was happy to discover that they piled on more requirements on merging Lore. Sure it is thematic, sure merging needed an overhaul to make it more interesting and sure you can bypass some of the requirements with HQs/Skill, but gently caress you game either way.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it is now significantly easier to merge lore, faster, and progress on failure is retained rather than it being all or nothing

Oh, progress is retained? Ok, that's cool.

New question: I'm going for a Heart ending. I've been dancing with Health, but for some reason I have a single Passion Scar. Will it cause any problem?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Just noticed the name of the "romance" (I guess?) achievements. And the pictures.

EDIT: Well, I think I'm on track.

EDIT EDIT: Never shall we cease.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 21, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tylana posted:

I decided to try a Cult-less run. Still working on it, but only realised after buying out Morlands than I have no HQ because I have no Cult!

How do you go about it? Exploration via summons and hirelings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The biggest time sink in the game is my utterly idiotic need of having no gaps in my lore matrix.