Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the only blip on my radar is shadows die twice. everything else? heh... have fun casual gamers *pops collar*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Tetris is serious business

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I will donate $2 to the "get arf a PS4" indiegogo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Grant us lines, grant us lines...

net cafe scandal posted:

When Ludwig closed his eyes, he saw darkness, or perhaps nothingness,
and that is where he discovered the tiny beings of light.

Ludwig was certain that these playful dancing sprites offered "guidance"
They could empty Ludwig of his fears at least in the midst of a hunt.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

elf help book posted:

i thought just cause 3 sold like 10 copies

It was a free PS4 plus game last year

The real way to play was to zip around with the wingsuit and do sick flips and spins. Best movement in a video game since Spider-Man 2

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

If it takes 2 more years to perfect the cape physics in Bloodborne 2, who am I to complain

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I don't know what "metal wolf chaos" is but all of those words in succession make it sound awesome

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Neat

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Also anthem sucking most likely means that EA will finally add bioware to the pile of husks they've harvested the meat from (pandemic, maxis, westwood)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Miyazaki mentioned a year or two ago that they're working on three games: a mecha, a traditional "dark fantasy" game, and something "completely different." So I'm guessing that's metal wolf chaos XD, dark souls: remastered, and sekiro respectively. sekiro looks really got danged good

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah they didn't handle the Dark Souls remaster either. I think Sekiro is the "dark fantasy" games and the others are still a mystery..... maybe we'll see a new FROM/Japan Studio game at Sony tonight? They've usually got 2 teams going at once

I'd love for this to be the case but I don't know if "working on" also constitutes consulting work, which they definitely did for dsr and more likely than not did for mwc.

Edit: no wait I'm wrong. I forgot that they're making a psvr game so that's probably a PS4 exclusive published by Sony.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

This man, is my spirit animal

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

It was a sincere post that you got embarrassed by and decided was a joke halfway through. Clear as crystal. You have AIDS

Bob would be disappointed in this post

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Well friends, I think it's time to wrap up our time in Monstropolis. Now it's time to say goodbye to all the little critters. There go Sully and Boo, ain't they just the cutest? You know, it's always a little sad to say goodbye... but it's also a happy time, because now we go to another world, and make a whole new bunch of friends all over again.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

The only PC show I ever watched it was like some dude just sitting by himself in a dark room with a big desk like it was a talk show or whatever and a couple people came by to talk about stuff but most of it was just him sitting there alone.

Turn on your monitor

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nioh 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

So I guess samurai games are 2019's genre du jour

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's been a million samurai games for years and years, you just weren't paying attention.

Yeah I guess you're right

Anyway sekiro looks good as heck and I'm struggling to be hyped about anything else revealed so far. Even deracine

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

it really was but the big rice hat is luring me in. these sons of bitches got their rusty hooks in me

Okay but sekiro has a rice hat shield mother fuckerrrr

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Baxate posted:

sucker punch hasn't made a good game imo since Sly Cooper 1

imo infamous 1 and 2 ruled

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Super Smash Bros Switch and it has tag team

gently caress that's a pretty good idea

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Also, I would say this e3 was a pretty epic win for gamers worldwide

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is not an RPG. There are no stats to level up and no armor or weapons to collect and equip. There are no classes to choose from. There is no multiplayer of any kind. You'll have no souls to reclaim after dying, and—from the looks of it—no checkpoint bonfires to kindle.

For the Dark Souls diehards, that list of have nots might be terrifying to read. But for every idea Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice strips away from the Dark Souls formula, a new one is introduced.

:aaaaa:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Grinding to raise my Cool to 99

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think that's good. all of the souls games are awesome, but 3 felt pretty tired.

It sounds like it's doing what Bloodborne did to the dark souls formula, but for Bloodborne, which is exactly what I wanted

"Hey, remember how we pared down the game elements of dark souls and fleshed out what made the combat fun in order to create Bloodborne? Let's do that again, but even more this time"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

In Training posted:

the GBA ones, the Gamecube ones and COnquest.

Did they make a fire emblem game with Pokemon or did I fever dream that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I wish death stranding was a movie because I'd totally watch it. Instead it looks like a movie that I'll have to occasionally unpause manually

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A Serbian Game

Lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

tetris effect could be cool except its on a stupid worthless gimmick/scam device aka the playstation 4 :smugbird::getin:so i won't get it.

All the cool kids on the block have a ps4. What, you've never played Bloodborne? The The Birth of Venus of video games???

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I like making the numbers go up

That said sekiro will be good regardless

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Is that supposed to be a tombstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It was extremely chill and gave me chill vibes