Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wait, what? There were multiple solutions to that quest?

Man what the gently caress. I'm not asking the game to hold my hand but give me some indication I have a choice here. Besides, like you said, the dialog sounded completely safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lodin posted:

Why the hell are you skipping dialogue in a game like this?

I read faster than they talk and the voice acting is kinda mediocre so I don't care to hear people slowly overact their dialog.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think I'm gonna play a full badguy run after all. I didn't mind losing exp but locked chests just kill me. Gonna eat everyone for dem chests. Then in a potential second playthrough I only kill people that drop cool stuff.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If you're not going full pacifist, one of the objective assholes you can kill early on gives you a rather nice hatchet that can be upgraded to do both blood on hit AND stun on hit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The one thing that kinda annoys me about the morality system is the Mesmerize level, which is kinda dumb. How is there literally no way to train up your mind control besides killing easy to mind control people? It makes it so that if you do want to kill certain people, you HAVE to kill at least some subset of weaker minded ones. Game would be just fine without this system, maybe give some temporary protection to the people that need it for the plot like Swansea, but otherwise it's irritating.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ugh. Protip, when doing the Samuel quest, don't aggro the boss and kill it before entering its room, it fucks the triggers and you end up stuck with a mission to kill the boss afterwards.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah Claws are pretty bad, I like having both bloodspear and either shadowmine or an upgraded leap. Having one of each damage type is very useful, those resistances aren't kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Leap is neat if you upgrade it to the damage version since it gives a more reliable source of shadow damage.

I personally prefer to turn bomb into the AoE field, feels more reliable even if it probably ends up doing less damage overall.

Not that any of this matters to all you pacifist babies who won't get to play with all the cool powers like I, a monster, can.

• Locked thread