Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pidan
Nov 6, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

NATIONALITY HEDGE BET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Why has Fagner become a meme?

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Surely he's not the only guy with a funny name in this world cup?

Speaking of, have any professional male footballers come out as gay by now, or are they all still hiding it

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Loftus-Cheek

GHOOOOS

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

My work has created a match watching meeting :unsmith:

... unpaid :smith:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Everybody who has to work now, let me reassure you that work is more fun than this game

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Germany going home, let's plan on who to support as we go on

If SK gets a goal in today they're my team

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I expected this game to be boring but for a different reason lol

Good thread title tho

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Germany humiliated by Russian weather yet again

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Ahhhhhh

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Sereri posted:

So I have decided that to show everyone what garbage men they are, the man shaft should play in orange for the next year

They're way ahead of you

How did they manage to be so bad though? Don't German teams generally play pretty well? Didn't Neuer win best keeper in the world a bit ago? For the first time, I'm tempted to read some football journalism.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

antidote posted:

On the contrary, I found South Korean players celebrating like they won the World Cup a little offputting

They went in with very little chance to make it out of the group, beating the reigning world champions was just about the biggest success they could hope for.
Admittedly it was more a Germany failure than a SK win, but I say let them have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I imagine you guys don't do it this way but after our disaster(s) the FIGC gave the managers plenty of time to resign in order to save face. Do you think that this is the case or that the German FA (sorry, I don't know what the name is) actually has faith in him?

It's DFB and Germans don't generally do this. It's certainly possible he'll decide to resign after thinking about it a while. But the people who could fire him have decided not to.

I think they just didn't dare try anything new this WC, and ran a lot of player who were not at their peak performance and not particularly enthusiastic. Germany wasn't the only one who did this either, almost all the teams who tied to go with "famous, time-tested players and strategies" are out by now. Except Croatia and Brazil I guess

• Locked thread