Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

summer is here and its lunchtime on the east coast which made me start thinking about delicious food from the sea, or “fruits de merde” as the french call them.

I’m thinkin about running down to the shore to get a hot lobster roll,, none of that cold mayo lathered poo poo here. ct style or :getout:

might get some clam fritters while im down there too

I’m guessing there might be some other people in gbs who like seafood too and maybe even are eating seafood RIGHT NOW! wowed! what are your favorite sea critters to snack on?? what regional watery delights await visitors to your shores? will seafood still be around to enjoy in 50 years? Let’s talk about SEAFOOD

also lol that small pastries has been immortalized as a thread tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
It's Lobster and Shrimp Summerfest at Red Lobster. So, some of that I guess.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

givepatajob posted:

It's Lobster and Shrimp Summerfest at Red Lobster. So, some of that I guess.

gently caress i wish we had a red lobster here. It's decent seafood at a good price.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

BONE DOG posted:

gently caress i wish we had a red lobster here. It's decent seafood at a good price.

LMFAO

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think the OP is on a seafood diet if you know what I mean.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i SEA food, then I EAT it!!!

also i pity anyone who doesn’t live in an area with clam shacks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I like fish from Lake Superior, does that count

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

BONE DOG posted:

Lol

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Water cockroaches suck OP. Best to stick with water spiders instead

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Scallops
Crab
Lobster

Yes, please

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

BONE DOG posted:

:raise:

bradzilla posted:

I like fish from Lake Superior, does that count

for sure! idk much about Great Lakes fisheries and seafood, I think I heard fish bakes are kind of a traditional thing out there like we do clam bakes in New England?

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting

free hubcaps posted:

“fruits de merde”

lol

also everyone knows the best sea food is sardines if u dont believe me ask all the cool duders in the sardines thread (who may or may not all be 40 year old dads that eat sardines over the sink like our lord Sardinephomet intended (praised be the holy sardines))

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Best sushi I've ever eaten was in middle of Ohio near a bunch of Japanese car plants. Worst sushi I ever had was in Japan. Food shouldn't be squirming on your plate.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I had something called sea devil medallions once and they were my favorite seafood thing ever i think. I find conflicting information about what it was exactly but i'm pretty sure it was monkfish.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I ate at a bubba gump shrimp restaurant onces because my kids begged. It sucked so bad, in combo with all the Run Forrest Run poo poo. I'd put Red Lobster above them.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i buy tins of oysters from DollarTree and mix them into pasta, clams too

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Seafood cocktail, crabs, crayfish.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Burt Sexual posted:

I ate at a bubba gump shrimp restaurant onces because my kids begged. It sucked so bad, in combo with all the Run Forrest Run poo poo. I'd put Red Lobster above them.

Yeah at least red lobster waiters don't sit down at your table and ask you the easiest forrest gump trivia ever. They could at least throw some challenging ones in there.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

:raise:

for sure! idk much about Great Lakes fisheries and seafood, I think I heard fish bakes are kind of a traditional thing out there like we do clam bakes in New England?

You might be thinking of lutefisk, which no one actually ever eats because it's loving disgusting. Now a grilled or fried walleye, whitefish or herring sandwich with dill tartar sauce is loving delightful.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

picked herring are so good

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah at least red lobster waiters don't sit down at your table and ask you the easiest forrest gump trivia ever. They could at least throw some challenging ones in there.

lol wtf that sounds terrible

the only halfway decent seafood franchise ive eaten at was Legal, and I think even their reputation isn’t as good as it once was

the best seafood imo comes out of the dirty old deep fryers in the back of weather beaten seasonal shacks with some crappy picnic tables strewn about outside

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i got food poisoning from raw oysters one time and i spent new years day puking and making GBS threads for like 8 hours lol

still love oysters

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Flounder supremacy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we had oysters for christmas morning once and i just went and threw them up immediately

possibly related to being hung over

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont eat at red lobster but im sure lobster is lobster no matter where you get it

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

i dont eat at red lobster but im sure lobster is lobster no matter where you get it
it's mostly frozen warm water lobster tails at cheap chain restaurants. What you want is a cold water lobster that arrived at the shop alive

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lobstah

edit: lahbstah

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

when i visited dublin we went to some famous fish and chip shop and I didn’t expect much but holy poo poo it was the most amazing fried fish I ever had, it was just flaking apart and mixing with the steak fries below it creating this crispy, tender mush of fish and potatoes. gently caress it was good, i need to change my pants now.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

poverty goat posted:

it's mostly frozen warm water lobster tails at cheap chain restaurants. What you want is a cold water lobster that arrived at the shop alive
youre grossin me out talkin about those giant sea cockroaches

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

gary oldmans diary posted:

the ultimate lobster troll, im onto you buddy

there’s a place not too far from me in famous tourist trap Mystic that serves something called a lobster bomb, it is essentially a crusty bread loaf filled with hot buttered lobster meat and then filled up with lobster bisque. I think it costs like 30$ but goddamn does it sound good and possibly fatal

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was a nastyman last night and ate lots of smoked trout and pickles and caviar.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm from Ontario and just spent a week in BC and I don't think I can ever eat sea food again.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

poverty goat posted:

Flounder supremacy

im a sole man

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

can't afford seafood ;[

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

friendly 2 da void posted:

can't afford seafood ;[

Go fishing

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
An Indian person I work with told me he's a vegetarian for ethical reasons. However, he eats scallops because they're like mushrooms, they have no organs in them, just a lump of delicious flavor. Apparently he thought that the muscle part was the entire scallop and they grew on the seabed like fungus. He was quite horrified to learn they have eyes and are quite mobile when being chased. I'm going to get him to eat scallop sashimi since he's never tried it, and it's the best way to eat scallops.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah I ate at the one in Gatlinburg once. Pretty mediocre. I guess being in a landlocked state doesn't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhfK98f5S00

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I LOVE OYSTERS OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

octobernight posted:

He was quite horrified to learn they have eyes and are quite mobile when being chased.
i think there is some confusion here.

• Locked thread