Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You have at least 24hrs, and if it's not a blowout win by that point, I let it run to at least 48. I close the voting at whatever point after that that I get around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Whitlock's impact is that he provides cover to other douches, like McNair, for their douchiness.

Besides, we don't want two douche owners in the final to steal each other's votes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whitlock. he willingly goes on white supremacist’s shows to give them cover to poo poo all over minorities and stuport the idea that police brutality doesn’t exist. He was especially gross toward kaep this year.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

McNair, why go for the stooge when you can have the high douche himself? Also, "the inmates running the asylum."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking to abstain and get two votes in the final round. please advise

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

McNair is clearly the more influential person here since the only people who seem to know or care about Whitlock are a handful of posters on SA, which is pathetic. Meanwhile, McNair actively damages his and other players’ lives at every turn because he sincerely wishes they were slaves.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Whitlock is dumb, but McNair has real power.

McNair

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

sweet geek swag posted:

Whitlock is dumb, but McNair has real power.

McNair

Yeah, this. As a billionaire McNair is sure to have more channels to push his lovely opinions.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I have chosen McNair

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whitlock because in many ways McNair is straight up evil instead of douchey.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I feel like a single issue voter by choosing McNair but my disdain for racists in power is mighty.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Jason Whitlock for his Hate-on for Colin Kaepernick and for being the standout insufferable rear end in a top hat on the network for assholes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

looking to abstain and get two votes in the final round. please advise

Officially not allowed but you could for example try to find someone to trade votes with you like, you vote how they want you to vote this round and then they vote how you want them to vote in the final. They could renege on their word though so you have to find someone you can trust.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jew it to it! posted:

Jason Whitlock for his Hate-on for Colin Kaepernick and for being the standout insufferable rear end in a top hat on the network for assholes.

Buddy, let me tell you about McNair's hate on for Kaep, so much that he's led to a defacto collusion to disallow the guy from being signed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bob McNair

Not only is the dude a massive loving racist, but he is practically the personification of evil. He looks like the villain in Disney movie who steals a puppy from a child in a wheelchair. Hell, he looks like the final boss in one of the recent Wolfenstein games.

Whitlock may say some terrible poo poo on some cable show a handful of people watch, but McNair is the kind of douche who has the ability to carry out the terrible poo poo he speaks of (See, in part, the trading of Duane Brown). He's less vocal than Whitlock, but far, far more impactful, which in my eyes, make him a far bigger douche than some idiot who used to occasionally fill in on PTI.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If it weren't for the Bob McNairs of the world Whitlocks wouldn't exist because there'd be no pay.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
McNair because he's a douchebag with far more influence and power.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Officially not allowed but you could for example try to find someone to trade votes with you like, you vote how they want you to vote this round and then they vote how you want them to vote in the final. They could renege on their word though so you have to find someone you can trust.

DTA

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

McNair

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well that's it! Bob McNair wins, 32-16.

Please stand by while I put together the three-way final for douchebag of the year, and let's take this moment to remember that this is the last couple days to nominate anyone for lifetime achievement. It's OK if you don't think they can beat Trump, because just being nominated is a notable dishonor.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JERRY JONES
This shitbag subverted his own employee's attempts to protest injustice and turned it into a show of unity and support for himself, a billionaire.

KEVIN SMITH
This shitbag dragged Reuben Foster into court on charges he knew were bullshit, because he cares more about his career than he does about actual justice.

BOB MCNAIR
This shitbag called his own employees "inmates in the asylum," in reference to their desire to protest, and then apologized, and then retracted his apology. Also a billionaire.

Each of these privileged white men are in possession of an outsized level of power, with which, as Spider-Man's uncle told him, comes great responsibility. This past year, they each abused or disregarded that responsibility, for venal and possibly racist reasons. They are all, unquestionably, douchebags of the highest order. Now, you must choose between them: which was the Football Douchebag of the Year?

This is a three-way instant-runoff election! Don't just pick one winner. Instead, rank your choices. After three full days, I will sort all votes by top rank; if one of the three has more than half of all top-ranked votes, he wins. If not, I will eliminate the man with the fewest top-rank votes, and assign those voters' votes to their #2 pick. Then, the remaining #1 picks plus the assigned #2 picks will be added to determine the winner. The third guy you list is just the one you'll never give votes to, so really only the first two you pick matter, but we'll list all three to avoid confusion.

Feel free to post why you're voting a particular way; however, for this instant runoff, there's no vote scaling. It's just a straight poll.

Example of how to vote:

My votes are:
1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. DA Kevin Smith

This means my first pick for Douchebag of the Year is Bob McNair. If he's eliminated by instant runoff, then my vote goes to Jerry Jones instead. Kevin Smith doesn't get my vote no matter what.

OK: GO!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
1. JJ
2. BM
3. DAKS

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
My votes are:
1. Jerry Jones
2. Bob McNair
3. DA Kevin Smith

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. DA Kevin Smith

This is the correct order.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My votes are:
1. Jerry Jones
2. Bob McNair
3. DA Kevin Smith

1. Jerry playing both sides of the kneeling anthem situation, but lands solidly on "stand for the flag" tribe. Disingenuous as well as eventually on the wrong side of history.
2. McNair is just Jerry but more vocal with his racism.
3. Perverted justice with his overzealous attempt to convict an innocent man. Bonus points for reinforcing negative race stereotypes of a white man trying to bury a black man.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Zurreco posted:

This is the correct order.

This, but the exact opposite.

1. Kevin Smith
2. Jerry Jones
3. Bob McNair

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
1. DA Kevin Smith
2. Jerry Jones
3. Bob McNair

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. Bob McNair
2. DA Kevin Smith
3. Jerry Jones

bob is a worse person than jerry pretty certifiably. less famous though

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. Kevin Smith

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Leperflesh posted:

My votes are:
1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. DA Kevin Smith

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jerry Jones
Bob McNair
DA Kevin Smith

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Keeping in mind, this is a contest about douchebaggery, not evil:

--RE: Kevin Smith, prosecuting and pressing charges on someone you KNOW for a fact is innocent for the sake of your career I would say is much more evil than douchey.

--RE: Bob McNair, regardless of racism, even when taking away his personal opinions, in terms of douchiness--making a public apology at the height of your controversy and then retracting it (in public, again) after the heat dies down is the specific kind of douchebaggery that wins DBOTY.

--RE: Jerry Jones, the whole standing-and-locking arms when Jerry knew which side he was backing all along...like McNair, pure distilled douche. It's tough to call.

So my final vote:

#1 Jerry Jones
#2 Bob McNair
#3 Kevin Smith (DA)

Just for the fact that Jerry was willing to get a photo op of him locking arms with his players after being one of the principal owners trying to stab the NFLPA in the back pushes him over the top.
At least McNair wasn't enough of a douche to try and pretend he was sincere in the first place.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

This one is tough.

1.Jones cause he's a racist who also wants credit for it.

2.McNair just racist.

3.Smith a terrible person, but not really a football person.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
1. Bob McNair
2. Jerry Jones
3. Kevin Smith

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Kevin Smith The "he's not really football, he's more than a douche bag" ship sailed when he was admitted to the contest. Judge him on the merits, and he's the worst.
Jerry Jones A Hall of Famer.
Bob McNair It's a strong final when this piece of poo poo is only number three.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
1. Jerry Jones
2. Bob McNair
3. Kevin Smith

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
1. Jerry Jones
2. Bob McNair
3. Kevin Smith

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

1:Jerry Jones because of all the dumb racist and bullshit protest stuff and also gently caress the Cowboys.

2: Bob McNair because the story of a racist shitstain Texas football owner sounds familiar and I'd feel like a hypocrite to put him 3rd.

3: Kevin Smith

4: Nobody There is no 4th entrant in this round.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

1. Jerry Jones
2. Kevin Smith
3. Bob McNair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

1. Jerry Jones
2. Bob McNair
3. Kevin Smith

• Locked thread