Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
1. Bob McNair

2. Jerry Jones

3. Kevin Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

1. DA Kevin Smith
2. Jerry Jones
3. Bob McNair

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

My votes are:
1. Bob McNair
2. DA Kevin Smiths
3. Jerry Jones

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
1. Jerry Jones: He pretends to love and care for his players, but in reality he's a two-faced snake out for his interest alone. I loathe this man. A true Hall of Fame douche.

2. Bob McNair: Apology retractment is textbook douchebag. He is also a purveyor of tonedeaf racism.

3. Kevin Smith: A shithead in a position of power.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
1. Kevin Smith: Did something unforgivable and intolerable in any society
2. Jerruh: I mean, yeah
3. Bob McNair: I guarantee you there's at least 3 more racist and horrible owners currently in the nfl (not counting the Packers)

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
EDIT: Whoops, double vote.

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 3, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

Kevin Smith The "he's not really football, he's more than a douche bag" ship sailed when he was admitted to the contest. Judge him on the merits, and he's the worst.
Jerry Jones A Hall of Famer.
Bob McNair It's a strong final when this piece of poo poo is only number three.

Crescent Wrench posted:

1. Kevin Smith
2. Jerry Jones
3. Bob McNair

You don't get to vote twice

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

You don't get to vote twice

Yikes, I knew I had a weird familiar feeling when typing that. Sorry folks, an honest mistake.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, at least you voted consistently! It'd be pretty embarassing if you tried to vote in a way that would have canceled out, lol.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

1. Bob McNair Straight up Alpha level racist
2. Kevin Smith Just plain vile act anyways
3. Jerry Jones Jerry is a combination of clueless and greedy. A future Hall of Famer but not the worst of these three.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK well... I guess 25 people voting is all we're gonna get.

first count:
Jerry Jones: 12 "1" votes
DA Kevin SMith: 5 "1" votes
Bob McNair: 8 "1" votes

No candidate has a majority. DA Kevin Smith has the fewest "1" votes, and is eliminated. The five goons who voted "1" for Smith have their votes go to their respective 2s.

All five voted Jerry Jones as their #2.
Second count
Jerry Jones: 12 "1" votes + 5 "2" votes = 17
Bob McNair: 8 "1" votes + 0 "2" votes = 8

Jerry Jones Wins!!!

Here he isssss, Mr. Douchebaaaggg

Somethingawful.com TFF 2017-18 Ben Roathelisberger Memorial Douchebag of the Year, Jerry Jones

I will give the thread a day or two for any more nominations and then run the vote for the Lifetime Douchievement Award.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where are all the passionate jerry jones dislikers now? They didn't truly care. vote and move on. That's How those types are. maybe next year there should be secret extra points for earnest voters like me, who care about the contest. Remember to second Marvin Harrison for the HoF if you're one of us.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dude, it's Trumps year. Even Roger Goodell would have trouble winning this year.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I really want to see the response when someone tells THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (by Twitter of course) that he's the newest member of the Something Awful.com Football Funhouse Forum's Ben Rothlisberger Douchebag of the Year contest Hall of Fame.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

I really want to see the response when someone tells THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES (by Twitter of course) that he's the newest member of the Something Awful.com Football Funhouse Forum's Ben Rothlisberger Douchebag of the Year contest Hall of Fame.

I don't want our website to be flooded with mentally ill scum but thank you for the consideration, please nobody loving do this.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Hey, this website was built by mentally ill scum.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mentally ill scum paying $10 to shitpost and inevitably be banned would be a nice money boost for the Tax Man.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I admit I forgot about this for like two days, sorry.

Vote for the lifetime achievement award. This is a three-way instant-runoff contest, just like the previous one! Here are your contestants:

President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

In September 1983, Trump purchased the New Jersey Generals—an American football team that played in the United States Football League (USFL). After the 1985 season, the league folded largely due to Trump's strategy of moving games to a fall schedule where they competed with the NFL for audience, and trying to force a merger with the NFL by bringing an antitrust lawsuit against the organization.

During his presidency, Trump has repeatedly weighed in on the anthem kneeling controversy. In every case, he has been harshly critical of players who choose to kneel in general, and Colin Kaepernick in particular. He has publicly demanded owners to harshly punish kneelers, called them traitors, demanded they be fired, etc. For Trump, the kneeling controversy is unfailingly an opportunity for him to be performatively "patriotic" while throwing red meat to his base. He even once sent his Vice President to a game specifically to be offended by kneelers so he could then make a big deal out of leaving. Last year (that is, during the 2016-17 contest period) Trump vocally interfered in Kaep's job prospects, saying that people would not hire Kaep because they were afraid of a negative tweet from Trump, which was probably partly true. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18964343/donald-trump-takes-shot-colin-kaepernick-free-agent-status

Trump has also reacted negatively and like a giant baby whenever some or all of the members of championship teams, including superbowl winners, have declined to visit the white house. He's gone so far as to disinvite the Eagles after it became clear most of them would not care to participate in a self-congratulatory Presidential-fellatio session.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003832766511894528

For Trump's repeated and ongoing obsession with making football objectively worse, he is a candidate for a Lifetime Douchievement Award.

Jason Whitlock

https://deadspin.com/coworker-athletes-give-jason-whitlock-poo poo-for-critici-1795762576
This is about LeBron, but I'm admitting it into evidence because gently caress Jason Whitlock, and this is an example of how he behaves.

https://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

quote:

Last fall, for instance, when white St. Louis Cardinals fans were filmed shouting “Go back to Africa!” and the like at an anti-police brutality demonstration, Whitlock criticized them by noting that “to ignore the obvious inappropriate/trolling behavior of the black protesters is a form of hipster-approved white supremacy that is equally dangerous.” In a December follow-on, he compared coverage of police violence against blacks to that of missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370, ridiculed black parents who have “the talk” with their teenaged sons about how to interact with police, and mused on the benefits of Jim Crow. (This is the one he placed right alongside Ta-Nehisi Coates’s epic case for reparations on his “great content” list.)

These aren’t outliers; they are expressions of the priors—“his stupid black neocon poo poo,” one ESPN colleague calls it—the site is meant to defend.

quote:

On March 10, in the wake of a video leaking of Oklahoma University Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity members singing a song that contained the lyrics, “There’ll never be a friend of the family in SAE,” Whitlock penned his first column in over three months.

It was typical Whitlock. He sidestepped any real criticism of the SAE brothers and instead trained his eye on blacks’ role in provoking white racism. He used a video of an OU linebacker’s profane, pained response to the video as evidence of how a 50-year “unrelenting attack on Dr. King’s dignified, nonviolent strategy to circumvent white supremacy swept up black millennials, too.”
Whitlock went on, blaming Ronald Reagan and, of all people, long-dead rapper Eazy-E for having inspired the “Selfie Generation, the most photographed and least reflective generation of young people America has ever produced.”

Yeah, he's a huge piece of poo poo, and has been for multiple years. And if we don't give him a lifetime douchievement award now, he's gonna be eligible for douchebag of the year again next year, undoubtedly, and we'll have to talk about him again.

God, אֵל שַׁדַּי‬, El Shaddai, Elohim, 'ilah, Elah, YHWH, ο θεος ο ύψιστος, Allah, Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim, Parvardigar, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior, Almighty, All-Possessing, All-Powerful, All-Wise, Incomparable, Gracious, Helper, All-Glorious, and Omniscient, Ahura-Mazda, Param Brahma, Brahmana, Parmatma, Parampita, Parmaeshwara, Om, Akal Purakh, Ik Onkar, Nirankar, Hari, Ram, Satnam, Waheguru, Ahura Mazda, Yazad, etc. etc. etc.

Chichevache posted:

God herself for creating us with the flaw of mortality.

Leperflesh posted:

God may or may not exist, but I don't feel as though my skepticism on the matter should disqualify that entity. Assuming Chiche is referring to the Abrahamic deity, this event was not in the past year, so I've entered God for the Hall of Fame. Of course this means that God is going to be beaten by Trump, I'm not quite sure how we feel about that.

This is stretching the rules though, because Chiche's described reason for nominating God is only loosely connected to Football. In as much as all football players eventually must die (except Adam Vinatieri, who is immortal), anyway, I'm provisionally allowing it.

Basically, whose fault is it that Football exists, and that humanity is flawed, and therefore Football is flawed? If God is to be thanked for every touchdown, should God not be blamed for every interception... and by extension, for every concussion, every beer-sotted violent idiot fan, and every Kaepernick-fueled tweet by the President? Didn't God create Jason Whitlock, and shouldn't God therefore be responsible, ultimately, for all of that douchebaggery?

Much of this comes down to the age-old debate about free will, of course, and so you will have to decide the matter with your votes.

As before, use this sort of format:
1. Jason Whitlock
2. God
3. Donald Trump

Also, and I sincerely mean this, the above nomination of God for the Lifetime Douchechievement Award is in no way intended to offend those of a religious nature, and if anyone is genuinely offended I apologize in advance.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
1.Donny Trump
2. Jason Whitlock
3. Allah

Jesus' dad makes us care about dumb poo poo.
Whitlock makes people mad.
Donny will get us all killed.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Jason Whitlock
The flying spaghetti monster
That rear end in a top hat that doesn't need to be injected any further into our lives

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock
Trump
God

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
1. Jason Whitlock - Yeah, just gently caress this guy.

2. Yahweh - Less an indictment of her, more because of number 3.

3. President Daughterfucker - I refuse to recognize him for anything. If he won, he'd take it as a poll measuring how happy people are with him on the internet subculture crowd of his base.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
1. Trump
2. God
3. Whitlock

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. אֵל שַׁדַּי

God has given us both the good and the bad, even Jason Whitlock has injected some good into this world, but Trump has been nothing but a douchebag his entire life.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. Marvin Harrison
2. Cops
3. God

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

1.Trump
2. Whitlock
3. The Almighty

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

1.Trump
2. Whitlock
3. Allah

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. God

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
1. Whitlock
2. Trump
3. God

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. אֲדֹנָי‬

I don't mind Whitlock winning, honestly; he's just not as much of a piece of poo poo as our president, even restricting things to football.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
1. God. It could've prevented these douches from being so all blame rests with it
2. Whitlock. The shitheads are one thing but those that enable them are worse.
3. Trump: yes he's a massive douche bag worthy of yearly nomination but his competition is fierce

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 9, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jason Whitlock
The flying spaghetti monster
That rear end in a top hat that doesn't need to be injected any further into our lives

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Jason Whitlock
Yahweh
rear end in a top hat in chief

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

1. Trump
2. God
3. Whitlock

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is surprisingly close! Currently first ballot totals are Trump 8, Whitlock 6, God 1.

Cavauro,

Cavauro posted:

1. Marvin Harrison
2. Cops
3. God

feel free to vote again if you'd like to vote for candidates that are on the ballot

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

1) God
2) Whitlock
3) Trump

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*comes flying in way late* gently caress I MISSED- oh.

1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. Some dude that doesn't exist.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. God

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. Sky fairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
1. Trump
2. Whitlock
3. God

• Locked thread