Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Seconding LA Chargers org for loving over Antonio Gates this offseason. The only silver lining is that now they have to go back on hands and loving knees to him now that Hunter Henry is out for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Ok fine, let's make this a real thing about why you should vote for the gently caress the LA Chargers Organization.

1. Shitass parking. Yes, $100 to park is bad. But let's put this into some perspective. You aren't going to MetLife (Giants and/or Jets), CenturyLink (Seahawks), AT&T (Milquetoasts), or whatever the Cardinals call their stadium. You're going to the loving StubHub Center, a SOCCER stadium. A 27k seater that doesn't fill up on gameday. I'm willing to bet that half the reason for that is the parking. You would think that while the Chargers are in their temporary home that they'd use this time to build a fanbase, offer tons of free goodies, and do everything in their power to attract potential new fans in their new market, but nope! It's like they don't actually want a goddamn fanbase. The parking bullshit is a symptom of that.

2. Antonio Gates. Do you remember him? Did you know he used to play bas....ok moving on. They dumped him this offseason, told him to gently caress off already. I'll acknowledge that there's more than one side to this, that the team had Hunter Henry lined up to take his position full-time, and they didn't need to pay for two starting pass-catching tight ends. I get that. But when you've got someone like Gates who's still far and away better than most other tight ends floating around in free agency, it seems to be a good idea not to burn bridges with the one guy who could step up and fill Henry's shoes if he gets injured. And look what just happened! Despite that, Gates still isn't on the team. Either they think they're good with someone else taking over at tight end, or Gates told the Chargers to gently caress off. And since Coach Lynn hasn't made a peep about his tight ends, I'm willing to bet that it's the latter. See also: Eric Weddle.

3. Similar to the parking fees, this loving team plays in a SOCCER STADIUM and they doubled their ticket prices from their move to the StubHub. Yes, doubled. Average ticket prices in Qualcomm were around $100 in 2016 and average parking was closer to $25. Average ticket prices at StubHub in 2017 were $200, and in the top 10 of most expensive stadiums to go to. I'm sure that if you add in the parking that it jumps up a few more spots. And god forbid a visiting team is actually popular, they'll take over the stadium. Like the Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, and Eagles all did last season. And quite possibly every other team that visited LA last year. How's that fanbase building going, guys?

4. More of a laughable thing, but Spanos couldn't stop banners from flying overhead because FAA regulations regarding air traffic over stadiums only kick in at 30,000 seats or larger.

Same douchebags, different city. I don't think they'll go all the way this year, but I'll be damned if they don't at least make it past the first round at least.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
The Bills FO took all the wind out of the sails of the end to their playoff drought with how badly they mangled Taylor's career year. I'm not surprised that his going to Cleveland is a step up and forward for him.

That poo poo's just disgusting, and I respect anyone who votes for them. gently caress those guys.

But I still live in San Diego so gently caress Dean Spanos and the Inglewood Hobos' Front Office. I know, them moving to LA was what won it all for them last year. So gently caress them for: location and parking, running Gates out of town much like they did LT, Weddle, and Seau before him. If Gates spent a season in Pittsburg just to gently caress with the Chargers, I'd get that jersey. And good for noted lovely commentator and good QB Dan Fouts for refusing to be acknowledged as a Los Angeles Charger. Anyways, gently caress them for their zero outreach for an actual fanbase and making the team the ultimate pariahs in their own stadium. And gently caress Dean Spanos for being such a oval office since he took over the team. With Richardson out, Spanos is now easily bottom 3 worst owner in the league right there with both the Texas megashit owners. I'd say he's worse, but we have no evidence of Spanos being a racist. Yet. Please let him Sterling himself out.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
1. Jason Whitlock - Yeah, just gently caress this guy.

2. Yahweh - Less an indictment of her, more because of number 3.

3. President Daughterfucker - I refuse to recognize him for anything. If he won, he'd take it as a poll measuring how happy people are with him on the internet subculture crowd of his base.

• Locked thread