Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I nominate Jason Whitlock for poo poo like this:
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/905294216632393728
https://twitter.com/WhitlockJason/status/905233739264868354
https://twitter.com/SFY/status/895048329968533505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHO2qV_6lcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLcSBxVVjA

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have links to previous years’ threads? They’d be fun to read and might remind us of some folks who were douches this year too.
e: Here's last years voting thread, will update if i find more:

2017 Voting: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821505&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 10, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

weird Asian candy posted:

Ok for realz post...I would like to nominate Rob Gronkowski.

Reason : Being a giant bitch baby and dropping the people's elbow on a not looking and unsuspecting Tre'Davious White way after a play was dead. Very very scumbag move that could have landed White on IR or worse.

here's the video, for anyone who forgot about this or didn't see it. https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/937422624598233089

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I keep trying to think of other douchy stuff that happened but the manufactured kneeling controversy just overshadowed everything this year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bobjr posted:

It's just throwing names in now but I'd nominate Cris Collinsworth for really making it seem like he was biased while announcing the Super Bowl.

gently caress it, i'll second Cris Collinsworth just because it'll be fun to talk poo poo about him, which is the real fun in these threads.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

korrandark posted:

Are the Michigan State Board of Trustees eligible? Considering they handled a sex scandal even worse than Baylor.

That was almost entirely focused on the gymnastics side of things. Not that I don't want to burn down my university right now, but it's not really a football issue, per se.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I will second Bills' Leadership, Tyrod deserved way better than what he got in Buffalo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Did they do anything related to football? I'm not familiar with the issue.

The football and basketball teams were roped into it by ESPN due to some allegations from years ago trying to make a story out of 'does MSU have an overarching sexual assault problem?' (yeah, probably unfortunately). They're 100% assholes and I want to get rid of every member of the board, but it was definitely not a football-centric thing, everything they've done has been re: the Larry Nassar situation, which was gymnastics. For the purposes of this thread I'd leave it out.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like NFL Owners v. Whitlock is a really tough first matchup; Jason definitely needs to get out of the first round if nothing else.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jerry Richardson as it's not like Kaep was only being blackballed by the 49ers. Jerry created a gross work environment for everyone involved and finally being forced to cop to it, despite getting a billion+ dollars, still means he's been running his entire organization like a loving creep forever, affecting far more people that weren't even in situations like Kaeps where they were protesting, they were just coming in to keep their heads down and do their jobs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Vikings Fans were obnoxious, yes, but it was also the superbowl in their own stadium after just getting beat by Philly so :shrug: I kinda get it even if it's douchy. Pete Carrol, though, ugh. Jordan Peterson is a loving awful person and gently caress Pete for bringing him in as a speaker.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 20, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

Uhhhh it wasn't a home game. The NFCCG was in Philly

oh whoops, i was thinking the SB, fixed

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol this entire first round is gonna be a joke
Jerry Jones

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress ESPN. Their treatment of Jemele Hill was completely hosed, and she has 100% been proven correct.

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/907391978194849793

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress The Bills. That Nathan Peterman game was one of the biggest NFL trainwreck games I've ever watched, and treated Tyrod like garbage all season (before that too but specifically this season for the sake of this competition) for no good reason it was racism Tyrod is better off in Cleveland than in Buffalo, somehow.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Chargers because Matt Patricia is only nominated for lying to his employers during the designated period for considering douchiness and if we are going by that standard, The Chargers have done far, far more to be douches than he has.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Irsay because leading a fanbase on and lying constantly about the health of your QB for over a year to sell tickets and then putting the blame on said QB, the face of your franchise, is incredibly douchebag behavior.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ACAB, but fuuuuuck that DA that is extremely unacceptable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Collinsworth, the salt spewing from him during that game was loving awful. I'm sure there were plenty of other games where he made lovely calls too but that was extra noticeable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I made a very compelling case for Jason Whitlock with my initial nomination. The only reason I didn't nominate him for the HoF is I felt like that category was already 100% decided. gently caress Jason and gently caress his lovely stupid awful opinions.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
i....how long do we have to decide on this one? Ugh, this could have legit been a finals matchup.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ok.

This was a tough one.

But gently caress Clay Travis. Gronk is a huge piece of poo poo who's gotten by on his reputation for just being a lovable dumbass for too long. Hell, early on, I fell for it. But Clay Travis spews filth regularly and is at least as dumb as Gronk.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I know that Bob McNair is gonna win this because he's a huge piece of racist poo poo, so I'll give Ben McAdoo my vote. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Giants. OK, I liked them when they took down the Pats in the superbowl. Also the other time they did that. gently caress that organization, though. Also gently caress Eli and his dumb goofy face and his unathletic body in that stupid bathing suit with his stupid tiny bucket.

That being said, Ben McAdoo is a total loving douchebag for benching Eli for one goddamn game because he was making GBS threads the bed as head coach. Putting aside all sports hate and looking at the situation objectively, what happened to Eli was douchebaggery at the highest level. The guy had been (and still is for some reason, c'mon Eli demand a trade again gently caress these people) the face of your franchise for well over a decade. It killed his consecutive starts streak for one game where his backup (Geno loving Smith) blew chunks all over the field, and then he was starting the next game because the entire nation got to see what Geno Smith was capable of (being loving awful). That's about as big of a middle finger that you can give to a franchise player that I can think of.

Again, gently caress the Giants and gently caress Eli but he was the least of their problems last season. Ben McAdoo is a supreme douchebag for taking out his inadequacies as a coach on Eli Manning.

.....and that is probably the most words I've ever written about the Giants.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress ESPN. Seems like Jerry's gonna win this but Jemele Hill has been proven more correct every day since her comments and them suspending her for it was a complete chickenshit move and that Robert Lee nonsense was completely ridiculous.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna reiterate: gently caress The Bills. I'd argue that the bigger douchebaggery from the Chargers was when they decided to leave SD. The Bills' treatment of Tyrod was completely awful this year, benching him was loving stupid and proven to be stupid within minutes of their offense taking the field, and I'm glad he's moved on from that dumpster fire of an organization.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
oof, this is a tough one. I'm gonna have to go with Irsay I think. That DA is a huge piece of poo poo, but I think Irsay stringing along his team and fans for an entire year about Luck's destroyed shoulder while also tossing Luck under the bus is douchebaggery on a much larger scale.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hate Collinsworth as much as the next rational poster, but it has to be Whitlock. I'm like a broken record here but he went so above and beyond to slander Kaepernick this past year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

I'd never even heard Whitlock until this thread so I doubt many people listen to him at all. Those that do are surely already massive racists.

wait what? He's a mainstay in these tournaments every year, gets posted about in the sports broadcasting/journalism threads all the time, and he's frequently posted about in the football threads for poo poo like the Kaep stuff. He's worked for ESPN and Fox Sports for almost 2 decades now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bob McNair. He’s a completely open and unapologetic racist and he’s in charge of a group of largely minority men. I would never sign with that team if I were a free agent.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jerry Jones since at least Richardson is gone. Also that ‘whole team kneels then all stands for the anthem’ bs was super condescending and tone deaf.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Voting for the Bills because a cop and Trump winning the tournaments this year just feels like the tournaments purpose of identifying douches within the world of football doesn’t mean as much. I’ll add more to my explanation if I can do a better job, it just doesn’t seem right to me to have a prosecutor win, even if he was discriminating against a football player. He pulls that crap all the time, I’d imagine

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Whitlock. he willingly goes on white supremacist’s shows to give them cover to poo poo all over minorities and stuport the idea that police brutality doesn’t exist. He was especially gross toward kaep this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
1. Bob McNair

2. Jerry Jones

3. Kevin Smith

• Locked thread