Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Leperflesh posted:

OK, I've put Donald Trump in as a nomination for Hall of Fame - it makes sense, since he had gotten into the Kaepernick thing last year before this year's cutoff anyway.

Counted this as a Second for that nomination.

Only criticism I have on this is how I hate he has made EVERYTHING about him, and injecting him into our little contest about football douchebags would feed right into his narcissism(even if he is not aware of the contest).

This isn't voting per se, just my thoughts about the situation.

Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hue Jackson for promising to jump in the Lake then doing it the lamest way possible.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Toni Grossi for being a smug prick who vowed to retire if the Browns drafted Mayfield, then didn't.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Do you want to put him in for a lifetime award? Or do you think we can come up with at least one example of bad ref douchebaggery from the last year?

Was he the ref on that Steelers catch?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

He plainly cannot see the strip on the first call, but should not have stopped the play if he didn't see it.

In the second one I'm thinking the ruling is forward progress/the play is over and the QB counts as down, before the ball comes out? Seems like a lovely ruling but I'm not sure on exactly what the rulebook says about that.

The rulebook says he's a lovely ref.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

seiferguy posted:

if people don't want to put him in, that's fine. I was mainly looking for other candidates to put in since we don't have a lot, and regardless of how you feel about those two plays I think we can all agree that he was a pretty terrible referee throughout his career.

I was hoping he was the bottlegate guy, but he isn't.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

These are the nominees for douchebag of the year who have no seconds. We currently have 23 nominees who have at least one: if anyone would like to second any of these candidates, we'll get to 24 and I can close nominations and move on to the tournament brackets without having to gently caress around with byes as much.

University of Montana
University of Tennessee
Hue Jackson
LA Chargers Org

I will second the LA Chargers.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I'm going to go with ESPN

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Toni Grossi

First off he is the most annoying Browns sports media personalities. He consistently refers to the Browns as the #100yearswar in his tweets and like all sports writers, really has no clue what the gently caress he is talking about. Whenever someone even challenges his viewpoint on twitter instead of engaging them or ignoring them, he will retweet them with something along the lines, "Welcome to the Ex-Files or another in the Ex-Files" It is stupid, Douchey and annoying.

Finally as Leperfish posted he was super critical of Baker Mayfield comparing him to Manziel. While Manziel was known as a party guy that completely lost control Mayfield is more akin to a Jay Cutler that works hard. He just gives no fucks about the media.

Also he lets Gregg Williams Steamroll him in press conferences just to show how worthless he is

https://twitter.com/ItsMeDoublEE/status/822145758883418114

https://twitter.com/OuttaTownBrowns/status/1007436790259732481

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi/status/1004539205832364032?s=19

Oh and he's a prude. He is a quintessential douche and the epitome of what this tournament is all about.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 30, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

GRONK

Flikken fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 7, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Leper, as the cutoff for douchebag acts was June 6th 2018, I motion to have all Clay Travis votes after Spoeank post with his recent tweets be stricken from the competition.

:colbert:

Second.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Victim Card Achievement = Unlocked

Oh also...

OBJECTION YOUR HONOR

Sustained.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Gonna reiterate: gently caress The Bills. I'd argue that the bigger douchebaggery from the Chargers was when they decided to leave SD. The Bills' treatment of Tyrod was completely awful this year, benching him was loving stupid and proven to be stupid within minutes of their offense taking the field, and I'm glad he's moved on from that dumpster fire of an organization.

Thank you The Bills for Tyrod Taylor

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Tom Sellout posted:

The god drat Cleveland Browns are a better place for Tyrod Taylor's career. gently caress the Buffalo Bills for not letting this beautiful man shine.

I hope he has a good year so he can either get paid by Cleveland or move on to someone that will pay him what he deserves.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Jerry, the embarrassing old racist, billionaire with silky white hair and a troubling relationship with women young enough to be his granddaughters.

Oh, and he is tied to a state that is a God drat stain on the union.

Jerry for the above stated reasons

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Jason Whitlock
The flying spaghetti monster
That rear end in a top hat that doesn't need to be injected any further into our lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Well some serious poo poo is gonna need to happen to not have UMaryland win it next year. Yikes.

It's early, I'm still annoyed that Trump won, at least he won't be eligible next year.

• Locked thread