Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Just give Trump a lifetime achievement award so we can vote on things that are competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Shut the gently caress up you loving nerd

I nominate Leperflesh for being such a dork

Second.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Jed York

Jerry was a grody old man but it bit him in the rear end and he was forced to step down/sell his beloved franchise. He also didn't fight the allegations or anything, so he's less of a douche and more of a lecher (though I'm definitely not excusing what he did). He will take his money and live out the last of his life being known as a pervert.

Jed, however, is still taking every chance to sell out for Silicon Valley, all while telling his actual fanbase that they should be thankful for all that he does.

TLDR: Jed York decided to tank this season to spite Kaepernick and has tried to make himself look like a compassionate owner when he is just the tip of Jerry Jones' spear.

To summarize the non-personnel stuff, Levi's Stadium is still a hyper expensive deathtrap located hours away from their old stadium. York has publicly stated that he would rather have wifi available for people making business deals midgame than he would making PSLs more available. He also decided to confiscate land that was set aside as a childrens' soccer field because he wanted a helicopter landing area, FYI.

After spending last year trying his hardest to not to spend money as a means to support their best QB in a long time, York had the balls to tell Kaep that he could either quit or be fired. Kaep took the latter option in order to get a jump on FA and York spun it to make Kaep look like a greedy glory boy. It's been floated that York was also complicit in selling Kaep down the river over the whole kneeling shebang because it would help get some of the fan base to accept his leaving. York then spent most of FA promising Niners faithful that they would return to competency by investing in QB support, which they should have done the year before. They even grabbed Garcon at WR, which was great, but who would replace Kaep? The result... Brian Hoyer being picked up for $12m/2 years.

The Niners then went 0-5 to start the season and people started openly questioning why York was willing to spend on a receiving corps if they weren't going to keep with a decent QB. Kaep was still available and talking about taking a pay cut! York told them to kick rocks because he wasn't about to admit he was wrong. In game 6, Hoyer is so bad that he gets benched for CJ loving BEATHARD, a person whose own parents had never heard of him before. They lose that game and the next few, too.

NFL owners' meetings take place and the public begins to question whether Kaep has been blackballed when a loving nobody is starting for the team. York steps up to the plate to boldly claim "I don't think so." SF gets to 1-10 and their own players are openly questioning why York is not supporting the protests/why Kaep is not around/etc. York hears their concerns and... offers backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo a five year contract that had a higher AAV than what Kaep was asking for. That that trade worked out for SF is fine and dandy, but the message has been clear for a while - York didn't like Kaep and wouldn't change his tune about the issue.

Since then, not much has happened on that end. Kaep now has a collusion case against the NFL Owners and it looks like York is probably going to be defendant #1 if it gets that far. Shockingly, the other big protester from SF, Eric Reid, is also somehow without team and getting no attention in FA, which really makes you think. York "famously" abstained from an informal (non-)vote about whether the owners would want to enforce anthem rules, which is horseshit posturing and means nothing. He has been playing both sides of the debate the whole time and it's super obvious that he is trying to carry water for the older owners while still looking like he cares about black folks. Super petty.

Jed York as the mastermind of the NFL’s collusion and the team’s personnel decisions is an insane take.

Richardson deserves this for being an open racist and for actually sexually harassing people.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Hmm, should I vote for someone who is human garbage or an idiot about whom I made up a bunch of things that aren’t even as bad.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

The Jordan Peterson story, the other old man stories, and the collapse of the Seahawks are both more funny and indefensible than Millie’s fellow fans being angry about another bad fanbase.

Pete Carroll

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Jerry for sure.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

ESPN will always be among us but the NFL owners’ handling of Kaepernick and the kneeling issue is especially craven and despicable, to say nothing of the many issues that could also be included here such as approving the moving of teams, awful rules changes, keeping Goodell around, etc.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Probably the Bills in reality but Tom Brady should be in prison for molesting his children.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Matt Patricia because I am tired of the Chargers organization and doing your best to downplay your rape accused past is pretty awful. Also, Matt Patricia was an employee of the Patriots which is worth something.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Both are bad but DA Kevin Smith is in a position of greater institutional authority that is being perverted for malicious purposes.

Honestly, advance both and replace some weaker winner with the loser of this round.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Collinsworth because unlike Triplette, we have to endure at least another season of Sunday night games in which Collinsworth repeats his miserable performance from the Super Bowl by highlighting his Patriot or Steeler of the week on every play regardless of merit. At any rate, the refs actually got it right in the Super Bowl, unlike Cris.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I have no idea who he is but that one dude seems to have done something that sounds funny, douchey, and distinctive and I’d rather not think about Jason Whitlock ever again.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Because of the principle that I will not vote for a talking head unless their candidacy is for something unrelated to that “work”: Gronk because he is cheap-shotting trash.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Richardson and I’m updating this to get more points because the racism and harassment was so clear cut here that it overcomes my natural hatred of Pete.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 11, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Zurreco for having some of the worst opinions in this thread.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Suspending an employee rises above the usual media candidacy that I try to avoid voting for but Jerry Jones is clearly an authority figure within the NFL and has used his influence for the worse especially vis-a-vis the protests and Kaepernick and many of the things that Zurreco mistakenly associated with Jed York.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Even Ross doesn’t care that much about this. The Bills ruining and then getting rid of good players is the worse act within the timeframe.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Kevin Smith because perverting justice is ultimately worse and signifies something much more pervasively corrupt than misleading fans.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

On a personal level, Collinsworth is more annoying because I have had to endure him while I never watch or pay attention to Whitlock, but it is clear that Whitlock and his efforts at character assassination are worse.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I couldn’t care less about Whitlock and will vote against him from this point on but it’s undeniable that the things he is saying are more malicious than the stupid things Collinsworth says and believes since we can’t take into account stuff from the 1980s. That’s pretty much all that matters in a round where both the people are media figures. The sooner we get rid of them and focus on consequential people, the better.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

McNair has power and is racist.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I’m having a hard time not voting for Jerry Richardson, but the fact the Jerry Jones will continue to be a malevolent influence against anything good in the NFL in the same way he was that in the past year is just enough.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 25, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Kevin Smith for corrupting justice, which is worse than the Bills imploding their own team.

Also, add reasons so this isn’t somehow close.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

McNair is clearly the more influential person here since the only people who seem to know or care about Whitlock are a handful of posters on SA, which is pathetic. Meanwhile, McNair actively damages his and other players’ lives at every turn because he sincerely wishes they were slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Zurreco posted:

This is the correct order.

This, but the exact opposite.

1. Kevin Smith
2. Jerry Jones
3. Bob McNair