Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

FizFashizzle posted:

Jerry Richardson

For insisting on surrounding Cam Newton with a bunch of neanderthals stuck in the 1980s.

Also for serially sexually harassing female members of his organization since the team's founding, including these gems.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/carolina-panthers-owner-jerry-richardson-allegations-victim-letters

Seconded, although he could also be a good HoF candidate for all his achievements outside of this year, including walking away from his NFL career over a dispute of $250, managing a chain of Hardee's and Denny's restaurants into the ground (with plenty of racial discrimination allegations to boot), and being one of the ringleaders of the NFL lockout a few years back.

https://theundefeated.com/features/panthers-jerry-richardson-is-no-stranger-to-incidents-involving-race/

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Jerry Jones isn't seconded, yet? Really? I thought he was given every year. Well, as a flip-flopper desperately trying to appease both sides of the Anthem Kneeling debate and failing miserably at both, he is a massive douche.

I would also like to nominate the Los Angeles Chargers organization for charging the highest prices for parking in the shittiest arena in the league playing in a city where no one wants them.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If we nominate NFL Owners as a whole while still nominating individual owners, are we basically repeating last year with the Cincinnati Bengals???

I am generally against nominations for groups unless the individuals are faceless and unimportant (Vikings Fans) or their douchiness as a group is especially egregious compared to what they could do alone.

People like Jerry Jones and Jerry Richardson can stand alone in their individual douchiness.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Jerry Richardson did exactly 3 good things in his life:

1) Bring a franchise to Carolina
2) Fire Dave Gettleman (far too late, albeit)
3) Have enough shame to finally step down instead clinging to his team until the day his weak baboon heart stopped beating

Not even going to bold his name b/c I don't need to.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

The Chargers cuz, well, I nominated them didn't I?

But seriously, they are a prime example of everything that is economically wrong about the NFL.

EmbryoSteve posted:

lmao I did not know about this hahahahahaha :sad:

Neither did I, and :lol::lol::lol:

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 28, 2018

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Poor ole Andy Luck, thought of playing under center for Jim Irsay's O-line and died.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Jerome (Richardson)

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

This is a tough call, and ironically although I was the one that nominated the Chargers, at least they are actively trying NOT to lose games or kill their starting QB.

Bills

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Collinsworth because, as was mentioned, he has a much better platform and is harder to avoid.
I don't watch Fox Sports and have never watched any Whitlock program. So overall, he's pretty easy to avoid.
If you are an NFL fan, you can't really avoid Collinsworth unless you watch games with the mute button, which takes away from the spectacle of the game.
Good commentary and crowd reaction can absolutely affect your experience as a fan.
Collinsworth absolutely shits on this experience, mostly notable with his ball-licking of T*m Br*dy.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Jerry Richardson since this is his last shot, and Jerry Jones will be around doing poo poo until he decomposes into dust.

Also, loving COME ON--it's an ugly, fat 70 year old billionaire writing middle school love notes to his 20 year old secretary (how do you like me *TEEHEE*).
I don't think there's anything any owner in the league could do that is as pathetic, beta, douchey, and completely out of touch with reality as that, honestly believing his secretary would love nothing more than getting serviced by THIS guy:

Imagine how much of a douche you have to be to have the kind of money and power that Richardson has, and GENUINELY believe a 20-something professional would get turned on by having her legs shaved and feet rubbed while looking at THAT face.

Jerry Jones is a douche and rear end in a top hat supreme, yes, but even he isn't that out of touch with reality.
His actions, while douchey, at least make sense. He was trying to awkwardly appease both sides at the same time in order to protect his business. He did it in a completely moronic and douchebag manner, but his actions have a reasonable basis.

Incoherence posted:

Richardson's stuff came to light this year but didn't happen this year, so he loses points out of pedantry,

Invalid point. Richardson and his office were actively involved in covering up his actions up until the moment this year where he had no choice but to resign.
His actions are not tangential to his original offense of douchery, and we, as a general public, should not be disadvantaged by douchery that we could have no knowledge about until after the fact.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 25, 2018

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

The Bills because the scope of this tournament is limited to football or people tangentially related to them.

Kevin Smith tried to ruin life of one person (in football) for no good reason.
The Bills ruin the lives of so many more for no good reason, and as was mentioned, their treatment of Tyrod Taylor gives NFL teams precedent to try to hurt their own players.

very stable genius posted:

Yoga Hosers was terrible and I can’t forgive home for that.

Just looked it up and loving hell...
OF COURSE Kevin Smith named his daughter Harley Quinn and OF COURSE he shoved her in front of the camera for a starring role in his movie the instant she turned 16
:stonk:

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

Keeping in mind, this is a contest about douchebaggery, not evil:

--RE: Kevin Smith, prosecuting and pressing charges on someone you KNOW for a fact is innocent for the sake of your career I would say is much more evil than douchey.

--RE: Bob McNair, regardless of racism, even when taking away his personal opinions, in terms of douchiness--making a public apology at the height of your controversy and then retracting it (in public, again) after the heat dies down is the specific kind of douchebaggery that wins DBOTY.

--RE: Jerry Jones, the whole standing-and-locking arms when Jerry knew which side he was backing all along...like McNair, pure distilled douche. It's tough to call.

So my final vote:

#1 Jerry Jones
#2 Bob McNair
#3 Kevin Smith (DA)

Just for the fact that Jerry was willing to get a photo op of him locking arms with his players after being one of the principal owners trying to stab the NFLPA in the back pushes him over the top.
At least McNair wasn't enough of a douche to try and pretend he was sincere in the first place.

• Locked thread