Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'd like to nominate That one dude from the goon fish bowl who took almost all 12 allotted hours to make the first of two back-to-back picks, then got a new clock for his second pick and timed out.

Or, possibly, me, for allowing that to happen

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Non goon. Friend of a friend I'd never met. I think his team name was The Gambino Family

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Who was that ref that was totally smiling and congratulating the Patriots after an important touchdown. IIRC, it was against the Jags in the AFCC

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Jerry "get hosed" Richardson

④ you did not answer my questions – – Do you think of me as:
① your grandfather
② your second father
③ your second husband
④ your friend
⑤ your boyfriend
⑥ or something else –

I regret I have never been able to give you pleasure –

What the Jesus poo poo. It's forever sobering to realize that there are guys so rich they never had to develop the social skills to get women beyond "do you like me (check one)," also because she obviously ignored this crazy/creepy response the first time, and he said "maybe the :females: need multiple choice to know if they are horny."

Like seriously, there is a galaxy of stuff to unpack: Why is he so concerned about why she considers him her grandfather or second father? Oh, God, he had a "play" for each response, didnt he. Oh, God.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 19, 2018

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Davey Crockett during the Battle of the Alamo posted:

it looks like it's gonna be a close one!!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Vikings Fans
I do a thing for Football Absurdity where I take the craziest comments from popular articles. Vikings fans were head and shoulders the most obnoxious. I'll pull some choice takes when I get a break.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cotton Candidasis posted:

As a Seahawks fan, I want to vote for Pete for the Peterson incident. But I also want some sweet, sweet Vikings Fans tales from Drunk Nerds before I make my voting decision as to which is more of a douchebag (it's probably still ol' Pete).

In a recent “bold predictions” article on Yahoo, Heath Evans praised the Vikings defense and said he thinks they will shut down Atlanta’s potent offense. Somehow this managed to upset a Vikings fan:

I'll try to dig up some more, but they all fall into one of these two categories:
1. We are the greatest at everything except cohesive grammar and actually winning games in reality (BUT if we hadn't had some normal thing happen to us, things wuold be EVEN BETTER)

2. Your compliments of the vikings are insultingly non-sycophantic

It's the weirdness of these categories that put them over the top for me. Even Pats and Philly's fans are just obnoxiously cursing out opposers and blindly promoting their favorite teams. But Vikings fans seem to have this weird thing where they just want to state HOW AWESOME the vikes are citing GAME X which they lost but almost totally could have won IF IF IF... and get in fights with people who compliment the Vikings.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 21, 2018

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
From MPR news:

Saints fan goes to Vikings home game in 2017, explains she's a Saints fan, gets into some good natured ribbing with some other fans, then other Vikings fans refuse to understand tact and start swearing at her for the entire game.

I mean, that's to be expected, right? I'm sure Saints fans treat Vikings fans the same way... Oh wait:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE_B0oHMd80

https://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2017/09/vikings-fans-turn-off-a-visitor-from-new-orleans/

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Let's check out the comments from that article:
I have a family member who *used* to have Viking season tickets (when they were at the Metrodome). He is a single dad and would take his daughter regularly. At the very last game they ever attended, my brother-in-law asked a couple of the drunken boors to watch their language. He was threatened and one of them dumped a beer on the daughter. Another one ended up vomiting on them. Stadium security suggested at the time that *they* should leave for their own safety.

He won't ever set foot inside a Vikings home game ever again.

>>Before the start of the game, my husband and I explained to our neighbors on either side that I would be enthusiastically cheering for the Saints.<<

She apparently forgot about the Saints "Bounty" scandal that basically robbed the Vikings of their first chance to go to the Super Bowl in a decade.

The Vikings fans apparently didn't forget.

She needs to go to Philly for an Eagles game. She'll be eaten alive.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

otoh gently caress the Saints and their fans

To be clear, that article was bad. The person interviewed does generalize about Vikings fans while simultaneously stating that many fans were really nice. I just like it because it leads into that video and the comments are always bizzaro

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2018/01/vikings-fans-are-organizing-an-event-to-throw-stuff-at-eagles-fans.html

Title says it all

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Now, anyone can cherry pick bad comments from any fan base. It just becomes obvious how annoying vikings fans are upon reading tons of comments:

Pats Fan: Pats rule! We got all the rings you got none!
Philly's Fan: Quit living in the past, we got the best team!
Vikings fan: You're both wrong, Vikes are the best: Just check out that game we recenty lost, but we totally would have won had things been fair!

It's like they just don't understand basic arguments and are just spewing whatever words are currently in their brain

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Man, team "Let's make black people's suffering about ourselves" is going to sweep this thing.

JJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
ESPN
Can't even be bothered to make a fantasy football podcast at least once a month. It's not like those guys prepare

• Locked thread